Interesting speakers....

T

tom67

Full Audioholic
From a well respected amp maker....a friend just bought a pair and I am impressed....kind of a throwback 4 ohm, but seem to work well with modest amps....I did not notice a port so they may be a rare suspension model ala NHT.....the dual drivers are unusual also.....be interested to know of others here have these as the price is right....Note also that you use as a center also....

http://emotiva.com/erm62.shtm

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Dual drivers are unusual? I've been using mains with dual drivers for over 10 years.

I've heard good things about these speakers, but at $600/pr, there are a lot of options.

T

tom67

Full Audioholic
Yeah, but most bookshelf units in this price range are in fact two way....this system also has tone controls of some sort which is also a throw back to yester year....the sound kinda reminded my of the suspension Advents (ala Henry Kloss) of my youth.....

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Even with dual drivers, they are still two way. The two woofers are playing the same thing which gives you a bump in output which is a big benefit IMO. There aren't too many doing small sealed bookshelf speakers though.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
These? Audioholics did a full review of what may be an older version.

T

tom67

Full Audioholic
Thanks sholling.....the review models look close enough to the present models to get the idea...the tweeter control is interesting....perhaps if they discounted these things, a few folks would take a shot....per my audition, I was impressed with what seemed to be a high efficiency with loud sound at -35 on a Yamaha RXV 663 modest amp....The owner used 3 of the identical units for R, L, and center....the identical center being another unusual touch....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis