K

khazen

Audiophyte
Does anyone know anything about the Integra 8.5?
How does it compare to the Denon 2900?

Last edited:
M

mitch57

Audioholic
I've never heard of the Denon 2100. But I just ordered the Integra DCP 8.5. I should have it within a week.

M

mitch57

Audioholic
Khazen,

The Denon 2900 is a single disk player while the Integra DPC 8.5 is 6 disk changer. So... it's like comparing two completely different animals. The specs are good on both but unfortunately there aren't any reviews on the Integra yet as it just came out.

If you like, I can let you know what I think of the Integra DPC 8.5 when I get mine in about a week.

M

mdrew

Audioholic
Where'd you order it from. I'm looking at the same unit.

M

mitch57

Audioholic
I'm getting it from a local Integra dealer in my area. A place called Bry's just north of Seattle, WA. I don't know of any authorized Integra dealers on the internet. Do you?

A

Aliixer

Audioholic
Integra quality?

what is the quality of integra? What affiliation does is have with onkyo. I ask these questions because i am in the market for a new DVD player. I was set on buying the denon 3910, until I walked into frys and saw the 26 lb onkyo dvd player. the dv-sp1000. It sparked my interest. Looks like a well built unit. until now I have never looked at onkyo as a high end electronics company compared to yamaha or denon. Please provide a little backround info.

M

mdrew

Audioholic
I don't know the particulars, but from what I can gather, Integra is simular to Lexus. Where as Lexus is the high end Toyota. Integra has some highend + $4000 players.

M

mitch57

Audioholic
Integra/Onkyo is right up there with Denon, Yamaha, Harmon Kardon, Pioneer, etc.
Integra is owned by Onkyo. They are basically the same company but Onkyo is the consumer line which you will find in Brick and Morter stores like Circuit City and many other internet authorized dealers.

Integra is the high end custom installer line which you will have great difficulty (from my experience) finding anywhere but custom installers and select higher end Audio Video retailers.

I have compared specs on both lines and have owned Onkyo for years. Integra has better specs but cost more then Onkyo. However, Integra comes with a 3 year warranty on everything they sell with the exception of one or two items. Onkyo, on the other hand, has a one year warranty on everything they sell with the exception of their receivers which have a two year warranty.

You can visit both of their sites and do some comparrisons between two similar prodcuts. A good comparrison is the Integra DPC 8.5 DVD changer and the Onkyo DV-CP802 DVD changer.

Here's the Onkyo DV-CP802 6 Disk changer:

http://www.onkyousa.com/model.cfm?m=DV-CP802&class=DVD&p=i

And here's the Integra DPC 8.5 6 Disk changer:

http://www.integrahometheater.com/model.cfm?m=DPC-8.5&class=DVD&p=i

Hope that helps.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis