Infinity Reference 1262w 12-Inch

C

chucksrt

Audioholic
Didn't want to clog up an already existing thread. I seen other people mention getting these subs for $47:00 ea. and I just had to jump on them. I plan on building an enclosure for them for my HT system. What is the best enclosure type for these subs for home audio use? I have a friend who is good with wood working so building it should be ok. I have two Infinite slope Model 1.8a's that I will be using as my mains, a pair of Model 1's for my rears. and I am currently looking for a pair of .6's for front and rear centers. The room is 15'x23'. I am not concerned about size, I just want them to sound as good as they can. Thanks, Chuck

PS I am moving in a month and this is for the new house. I currently have a Yamaha RX-V3000 receiver but am planning on upgrading to separate amps and using my receiver as a preamp.

jinjuku

jinjuku

These subs model best in sealed enclosures where size of the enclosure is concerned.

They also model well in a ported enclosure where you are ok with a largish box.

I think a properly EQ'd system with adequate headroom on the amp with two 2.0-2.5 cubic foot sealed enclosures with 3-6dB boost at the bottom end would work wonders.

It would offer even sub 20Hz performance and keep the build simple.

T

TheLaw612

Audioholic Intern
Jinjuku,

I am intrigued by this driver because of it's low cost and high performance. I'm still learning to use WinISD and trying to understand everything. Is there anyway you could tell me if the 1262 models well in this enclosure? I'm looking to get decent output at 18-20hz so if it models well maybe do two of them with an iNuke3000? Still learning everything...

jinjuku

jinjuku

That enclosure is way to large. You need 1.5 cubic foot (includes bracing and driver) sealed. Or the ported modeled that I posted.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis