If Hd Dvd Dies, Will You Buy Bd?

A

allargon

Audioholic General
It's the BD+ system that caused it to take so long. You may experience this on a few titles from Fox depending on the player.

The BD-P1400 takes about 40 seconds to load up FF4SS.
The Panny DMP-BD30 takes about 17-20 seconds.
The PS3 takes about 10 seconds.

I believe the Sharp is quite quick with BD+ as well, around the same time as the Panny.

Samsung appear to be the worst for loading times with BD+. Hopefully the BD-P1500 will be much faster.
What about that overpriced, non TrueHD, not bitstreaming slow brick that is the #1 or #2 standalone--the Sony BDP-S300? How long does it take to load with BD+?

dobyblue

dobyblue

Senior Audioholic
What about that overpriced, non TrueHD, not bitstreaming slow brick that is the #1 or #2 standalone--the Sony BDP-S300? How long does it take to load with BD+?
I have no idea - outside the PlayStation umbrella I don't buy Sony products.
I'm all about the P's.
Pioneer, Panasonic, Paradigm.

I don't think too many people are impressed with it.

I believe you'll note when the review went up here recommending it over the other as an entry level player, I chimed in and disagreed saying that I thought the Samsung BD-P1400 was a much better entry level player given that it had TrueHD decoding for analog and bitstreaming of TrueHD and dts-ma.

DTS

DTS

Senior Audioholic
I started shopping online a few minutes after my Netflix email. Probably gonna get a PS3.

F

frostbyte

Audioholic
I've posted it before, but just in case you didn't see it, I got mine from sonystyle .com and approved for their credit card which gave me $100 off the system. It made me jump at it right then without a 2nd thought.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis