I now have fiber cable Internet.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Welcome to the future - fiber rocks! They did a nice clean installation too. I have Verizon FIOS internet and TV and love it. :D

Looks impressive to 50 miles;):D
What will it do cross country, 2500 miles?:D

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Your numbers are better than shollings unless you mean megabits.

His speeds of 45/27.31 Mb translates to 5.36/3.4 MB.

Your speeds of 10/10 MB would be 80/80 Mb which is pretty damned good...unless you meant megabits like I said in which case I would definitely upgrade to 25/25.

I've read articles about city owned telcos (eat it, ATT/TimeWarner/etc) that offer 100/100 megabit packages but they are still fairly pricey.
Sorry I missed that, mine are MB. I'm specked at 10/10 MB, but I consistently get readings of just over 12 both ways.

I loaded a bunch of photographs to the web yesterday, that previously would have taken five or six minutes. They loaded in a few split seconds.

I will put a CD image together soon, and see how long that takes to load to my disc on Strong Space.

HexOmega

HexOmega

Audioholic
Sorry I missed that, mine are MB. I'm specked at 10/10 MB, but I consistently get readings of just over 12 both ways.
TLS,

I checked your ISP's website. You're connected at 10Mb/s, and the ISP offers speeds up to 25Mb/s. Divide your download speeds by a factor of 8 to convert to MB/sec. It looks like the 25Mb/s service represents a $30/month premium over your current service, or ~$400/year after taxes/fees etc.

You would have to decide if it's worth the extra money to you, but a 150% increase in speed for a ~60% increase in price seems reasonable from a purely mathematical standpoint. Keep an eye on your transfer speeds and see how often you're hitting the transfer speed ceiling. If you're constantly bottle-necked at your current speed, then perhaps an upgrade is in order.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

TLS,

I checked your ISP's website. You're connected at 10Mb/s, and the ISP offers speeds up to 25Mb/s. Divide your download speeds by a factor of 8 to convert to MB/sec. It looks like the 25Mb/s service represents a $30/month premium over your current service, or ~$400/year after taxes/fees etc.

You would have to decide if it's worth the extra money to you, but a 150% increase in speed for a ~60% increase in price seems reasonable from a purely mathematical standpoint. Keep an eye on your transfer speeds and see how often you're hitting the transfer speed ceiling. If you're constantly bottle-necked at your current speed, then perhaps an upgrade is in order.
This is what I have been getting consistently.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis