I "Drank the Kool AID! (cable/ wiring)

rolling18

rolling18

Audiophyte
UNfortunantly, I didnt find this site or the YOU tube channel untill it was too late!!
I was bitten by the cable / wire bug some time ago when putting together my second "Audiophile Spec." system after selling off my 1st one a couple years ago.

I think I may have bought some "snake-oil" slippery cables!! I do believe in higher quality aftermarket cables But only to the degree of better build quality and parts and NOT normally for sound quality.

I got this Synergistic Research AC Master Coupler X-Series Active shielding + Power coupler I'm not kidding the power cable has a small wall wart that plugs into the power cable!! yes I fell for it!... paid $250 for this thing thinking it would "improve" with all the usual audiophile descriptors that every product seems to get. (havent read a bad review of anything yet)

i bought this cable and was sold audioquest directional speaker cables series 5 thinking I finally got a high enough resolving system that I could tell the difference guess what I CANT! the blue led on the power cord says I should hahah

Can anyone tell me about this super power cord?
I already have Shunyata cryo. outlets and run a seperately grounded line to the circuit breaker on its own.

thank you gurus for any info!

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
UNfortunantly, I didnt find this site or the YOU tube channel untill it was too late!!
I was bitten by the cable / wire bug some time ago when putting together my second "Audiophile Spec." system after selling off my 1st one a couple years ago.

I think I may have bought some "snake-oil" slippery cables!! I do believe in higher quality aftermarket cables But only to the degree of better build quality and parts and NOT normally for sound quality.

I got this Synergistic Research AC Master Coupler X-Series Active shielding + Power coupler I'm not kidding the power cable has a small wall wart that plugs into the power cable!! yes I fell for it!... paid $250 for this thing thinking it would "improve" with all the usual audiophile descriptors that every product seems to get. (havent read a bad review of anything yet)

i bought this cable and was sold audioquest directional speaker cables series 5 thinking I finally got a high enough resolving system that I could tell the difference guess what I CANT! the blue led on the power cord says I should hahah

I already have Shunyata cryo. outlets and run a seperately grounded line to the circuit breaker on its own.

Those super power cords are just snake oil bullshit products. They cannot whatsoever improve sound performance. The power cords that come with the equipment you buy are amply sufficient.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Holy crap that's like a trifecta of some of the biggest bullshit brands in audio. Sorry you had to learn the hard way, tho.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General

You should reach out to Gene. He will have some great feedback regarding Synergistic Research. He knows the owner of that company quite well. :D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.

Welcome to Audioholics.

Yes, sure looks like you swallowed the nonsense hook. ;):D

This super power cord is super high in price. Nothing more to say about it, including that outlet.
Stick around and read all that Gene has posted in the tech segments.

Oh, and the first step to recovery is admitting the problem. :)

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
You should reach out to Gene. He will have some great feedback regarding Synergistic Research. He knows the owner of that company quite well. :D
Oh man I had forgotten about that.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis