HT Ragazine's Top 20 DVDs

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I thought the audio in XXX superbit was well done.

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
SIC DETH said:
GODZILLA is one of the best Ive heard.Go pick it up at Wal-Mart for $5.50.
Which Godzilla? The one with Mathew Broderick?

Oops. Didn't realize this thread was so old. :eek:

D

Davidt1

Full Audioholic
I agree with Sic Deth on Godzilla, and it's the one with Mathew Broderick. Although a terrible movie, it has just about any special effect you can think of: thunder storms, tanks rumbling through the city, godzilla stomping city streets, intense car chases, helicopters flying everywhere, missiles fired from aircrafts and submarines, etc.

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Lets not forget Finding Nemo.... Anything lucas touches....

Team America has alot of bass content. The intro has bass my sub can't hit. What I'd give for a SVS.....

SheepStar

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
My Top 20

20. Superman
19. The Exorcist: The Beginning
18. Heat
17. Alien (DTS)
16. Lawrence of Arabia
15. Ben Hur
14. Colateral
13. Star Wars (Episodes 1,2,4-6)
12. Nightmare on Elm Street (1-7)
11. The Terminator
10. T2
9. Lion King
8. Se7en (WTF)
7. Akira
6. LOTR (all three)
5. Kill Bill (1 & 2)
4. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2004 DTS:ES)
3. Dawn of THe Dead (2004)
2. Jurrasic Park (1-3)
1. Saving Private Ryan

~Bob

O

overpar

Audiophyte
best sound

I like Hellboy and Transporter & Transporter 2. Great sound, heavy bass in the subway fight scene in Hellboy.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Unregistered said:
I agree with most of your comments. However, Cast Away deserves a high ranking. The plane crash into the ocean was extremely intense. The screaming engine plunging into the water near Tom Hanks was deafening. In terms of intensity, this scene is second only to the D-Day Invasion in the opening of Saving Private Ryan.

The rest of the Cast Away had incredible ambiance of wind, waves and other island sounds to capture the sense of solitude. While the remainder of the film is devoid of explosions, without a high-end audio system, this movie loses a significant portion of its impact.
I agree with this somewhat - the plane crash is an excellent scene. However, just like Master & Commander, there realy isn't much else beyond that, that really shows off the system's capabilities.

My favorite DTS-ES movies are Gladiator, BladeII, LOTR the EEs, Se7en:SE, and The Haunting.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
I think most of you would be happier with a Bass Mechanix CD. It has all the subwoofer killing material you need with none of that pointless "movie" junk to get in the way. ;)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
If you want bass, just go download some test tones 10Hz and below :D 16Hz is fun with my sub - you can't really hear it so much as feel it and stuff just starts shaking :eek:

The Incredibles has some great sound, both in terms of surround use and LFE.

FierceTIMbo17

FierceTIMbo17

Audioholic
j_garcia said:
If you want bass, just go download some test tones 10Hz and below :D 16Hz is fun with my sub - you can't really hear it so much as feel it and stuff just starts shaking :eek:

The Incredibles has some great sound, both in terms of surround use and LFE.
Where do you get these test tones?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis