Hsu Research VTF-TN1: Deeper Bass for a Lower Cost!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Both in 1 port, those numbers are from HSU's site - 9db
Just wondering what the measurements for various configs are. Glad to see Hsu with a new offering, altho gotta say their offerings just tend to be competent and well priced.

L

Luky.Kluk

Audiophyte
Numbers from official HSU research site.
CEA 2010 Measurements (1 Meter, Peak):
VTF-TN1 Two Ports Open:
TN1-TwoPort-1_480x480.jpg

(Missing the 12,5Hz, which is possible only with one port configuration)
* Subtract 9 dB for 2 meter, RMS measurement (standard for comparing)

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Hsu wasn't able to get the VTF-15h MKII to pass a 12.5Hz measurement (although I was able to get passing 12.5 from it).

K

Kleinst

Senior Audioholic
I agree with many that the slightly more vertical dimensions can really help for some smaller rooms and allow for much more explosive subs then could otherwise be considered. Love more competition to keep others honest on pricing.

Will be interesting if deflation sets in at some point especially if demand drys up a little. How many out there are willing to spend thousands on subs? I think they are pricing right here with HSU.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I agree with many that the slightly more vertical dimensions can really help for some smaller rooms and allow for much more explosive subs then could otherwise be considered. Love more competition to keep others honest on pricing.

Will be interesting if deflation sets in at some point especially if demand drys up a little. How many out there are willing to spend thousands on subs? I think they are pricing right here with HSU.
This is a great comment. I have noticed the trend with companies to go more and more expensive and I know some of that is due to factors beyond their control. Inflation supply chain disruptions etc. But not all of it can be attributed to that.

Their are only so many high end customers in the marketplace. And now that Covid disruptions are not keeping people in the house and people are tightening up their wallet how long can really ultra expensive companies keep going on what could be a shrinking market place.

As you know I went through it myself. I found in my room I could not get my 2 different sets of subs my Rythmik FV18'S and my RBH SV-1212's to play well together. The best step forward is to go with all matching subs that's not guaranteed to fix everything but it's very likely to help. RBH has needed to raise their prices so high for whatever reasons that it just priced me out of the market for 2 more of their flagship.

Rythmik if picked up local for 2 FV'18's was way below the price of just one 1212NR plus amp. Even with a dealer discount. And I lucked out and found a deal for 2 more Rythmik FV18'S on Facebook Marketplace for way less I got a really good deal.

RBH was the sub I preferred they are the better performance (better be at their price) but dang man I had no choice. They had to go. And 2 more Rythmik FV18's are now in my theater room.

So companies like RSL and HSU and Rythmik and Monoprice trying to keep prices down for us but still delivering levels of performance we would have to pay way more for elsewhere I'm very grateful for

S

Schroedernd

Enthusiast
2 of these new hsu subs or a used pc-4000 and pc-2000?? Any thoughts?

I

Infinityoregon

Audiophyte
Would it be acceptable to use this in a dual sub combination with a VTF-15H MKII?
I currently own the VTF-15H MKII and am going to add a second subwoofer to pair with it. I Originally planned on another VTF-15H until I saw the announcement for the TN1. I would be using REW with a MiniDSP to get everything dialed in and calibrated properly. I like the smaller footprint of the VTF-TN1 and figure it's similar enough to the VTF-15H that I wouldn't have any issues but am not knowledgeable in multi sub setups to know forsure.

MarcG

MarcG

Junior Audioholic
Would it be acceptable to use this in a dual sub combination with a VTF-15H MKII?
I currently own the VTF-15H MKII and am going to add a second subwoofer to pair with it. I Originally planned on another VTF-15H until I saw the announcement for the TN1. I would be using REW with a MiniDSP to get everything dialed in and calibrated properly. I like the smaller footprint of the VTF-TN1 and figure it's similar enough to the VTF-15H that I wouldn't have any issues but am not knowledgeable in multi sub setups to know forsure.
Check out Audioholic's video preview. Max output TN1 response is nearly identical to the VTF=15H MKII Max Extension response

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Check out Audioholic's video preview. Max output TN1 response is nearly identical to the VTF=15H MKII Max Extension response
Agreed. They should work together well where the VTF-15h MKII is in Max Extension mode and the VTF-TN1 is in Max Output mode.

cbecker33

cbecker33

Audioholic
Oh boy, this form factor would work much better than my PB-3000s. Can't wait to see the review to see if they are worth buying...

S

Schroedernd

Enthusiast
Oh boy, this form factor would work much better than my PB-3000s. Can't wait to see the review to see if they are worth buying...
I pre ordered 2 of them. They are supposed to be slightly better then the old subs they are replacing, so they should be great!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis