how to get subwoofer work for youtube videos ?

S

suniltgeorge

Junior Audioholic
Okay my setup is 5.1 b&w 684 s2
B&w htm62 b&w ds3 and the b&w asw610

My surround recover is marantz sr5008

When I cast or play youtbue videos it uses only 2 front speakers .
I herd 5.1 doesn't work for youtbue videos
But how can I at least get the subwoofer to work a thereby having 2.1 channel .
Please let me know if I can enable more that than too
Thank you
And please no mean mean replies
Please help

S

suniltgeorge

Junior Audioholic
Sry for posting in wronh thread I read it as home theater

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hi. That's a nice setup that you've got there.

Sounds to me like you have at least your front speakers set to "Large," which would mean that bass from the front channels would not be sent to your sub. If that is the case, setting them to "Small" would send a signal to the sub even for 2.0 audio from sources like YouTube. If you haven't already, go into your speaker setup menu on your Marantz and make sure that the speaker crossover settings are what you want. With your speakers, I think that you'll want to at least try setting them to "Small" and let the sub handle the lower frequencies, as none of your speakers will play as low as your sub.

S

suniltgeorge

Junior Audioholic
Hi. That's a nice setup that you've got there.

Sounds to me like you have at least your front speakers set to "Large," which would mean that bass from the front channels would not be sent to your sub. If that is the case, setting them to "Small" would send a signal to the sub even for 2.0 audio from sources like YouTube. If you haven't already, go into your speaker setup menu on your Marantz and make sure that the speaker crossover settings are what you want. With your speakers, I think that you'll want to at least try setting them to "Small" and let the sub handle the lower frequencies, as none of your speakers will play as low as your sub.
Thank you Adam. And I think I remember seeing the settings for the 2 as large.
Will check it out !!
Thanks a load !!

Here's how it looks just got it up 2 days ago !!

Attachments

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis