How to get rid of Transparent Cable

R

rtcp

Junior Audioholic
I bought some equipment today at a local hi-fi shop, including a $120CAD three foot RCA cable, made by Transparent Cable. I had previously heard that Transparent Cable has some sketchy logic behind their products, namely the "network", and I looked into it further when I got home. I no longer want these cables; I don't want to spend more for a cable than is necessary, so I would like to return them and buy something from Blue Jeans or Impact Acoustics, based on your approval here at Audioholics.

Now, the problem is that I need to return them, and I was hoping some people out there have some good lines that I can tell the associate so that he will permit me to return them. I'm not entirely sure if cables are return-able, as I know some of their equipment is un-returnable.

I realize this is a strange request, but I'm very frugal and I will never be happy listening to this music while staring at some snake-oil cables.

If it makes any difference, I received the cables without packaging. They do appear on the receipt, however.

Thanks for your help.

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
If its any kind of decent shop merely saying they don't work for you should be sufficient reason for them to accept a return. If they won't take a return for at least credit take your business elswhere.:cool:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
All you should have to tell them is you don't like the way they sound in your system. Watch out though, they may only give you store credit...

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
Another soul is saved. But yes, there is nothing but profit going on at Transparent. If you search around for links, you can find disections of their products that show just how much you get for the money you pay (and it isn't JACK!).

R

rtcp

Junior Audioholic
I've been unable to find any dissections. There was a link widely circulated by some "nerd" fellow, but the link is broken.

I'm mainly concerned with what that "network" is doing to the audible band. At the very least, I hope it doesn't colorize the sound.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Now, the problem is that I need to return them, and I was hoping some people out there have some good lines that I can tell the associate so that he will permit me to return them. I'm not entirely sure if cables are return-able, as I know some of their equipment is un-returnable.
Tell them you recently compared them to the Audioholics GLOB and the latter was superior. The Transparent cable simply didn't sound chocolatey enough.

I'm mainly concerned with what that "network" is doing to the audible band. At the very least, I hope it doesn't colorize the sound.
Best case scenario is it's not beneficial. Worst case scenario is it is acting like a tone control. You don't want to stick passive RLC devices inline with a cable!

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
rtcp said:

It does nothing in the audio band. One of these companies with the box has 2 patents on them. RF stuff.

R

rtcp

Junior Audioholic
Thanks all. I returned it without much trouble.

Any opinions on NBS Cable? This store deals with Transparent, Monster, and NBS. I'm not really hesitant to buy online either.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
I just checked out their website. It looks like the same kind of thing going on with Transparent and Monster.

You shouldn't worry about buying online with reputable vendors. Blue Jeans and Impact Acoustics are both good companies.

V

Vynilforlife

Audioholic Intern
Radio Shack has a nice selection for a decent price too.

mulester7

mulester7

Audioholic Samurai
Vynilforlife said:
Radio Shack has a nice selection for a decent price too.
.....bravo, VynilForLife....the "Gold Line" at Radio Shack....that's as far as I need to go, but some certain type cables or splitters or adapters, you have to look elsewhere....XLR connecting cables with copper wire and heads is about as good as you can get concerning XLR's, but they're about 50 bucks for a three foot run, and for sure aren't sold at Radio Shack....always check at Radio Shack in their Gold Line first, I would say.....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis