How to cope with waiting...

S

Senact

Audioholic Intern
Just wondering how you guys cope with the wait on your equipment orders??? I know I'm not nearly as committed as some people on the board and having to wait weeks/months for stuff to arrive is just killing me a little each day, can't imagine what it does to audiophiles? I'm still missing my rear speakers and Funk sub, so I didn't want to bother calibrating the system until I have all the components. I've wired the room and everything is ready for when they arrive, but I'm out of stuff to do to keep me busy. I want to test out the new system but I'm reluctant to do it without all the components, especially the sub.

I'll survive, but people just seem so casual on the board while they wait, I don't have that kind of patience :p. I'll just keep playing mario on wii U where audio is not so important.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I have seen many post from members who are camped out at their windows stalking the UPS or Fedex drivers. I don't think that we are as calm about the wait as you may think. Check out the "Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection" thread in the off topic area (Steam vent).

Last edited by a moderator:
lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I have seen many post from members who are camped out at their windows stalking the UPS or Fedex drivers. I don't think that we are as calm about the wait as you may think. Check out the "Really Boring Stuff Only III: Resurrection" thread in the off topic area (Steam vent).
I used to order stuff enough that there was always something waiting for me when I got home. Now I go home with my wife so having something waiting at the door would likely result in me less likely to get something better than speaker parts. Of course those new Stereo Integrity subs might compare. It can give that rumble down low after all.

But I'm not sure if I can pass up enough strong drink to save up for them. It might be time to lower my standards.

Last edited by a moderator:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I waited for a year to complete my KEF 201/2 system. About 4 months for Orion, probably 3 months for Phil3, Funk subs, and Salon2. Probably took me a month to get my B&W due to negotiation & accident.

Just daydream a lot about the totally kicka$$ system you will be enjoying and watch a lot of great TV shows on Netflix stream. There are a lot of great TV series. Need any suggestion ? :D

The SQ of these TV series aren't exactly great, so you won't miss anything.

KEF R system + Funk 18.1 sub will be awesome. Totally worth the wait.

Also try jogging 30 minutes each day. You'll be so tied, your mind will be somewhere else. :D

Last edited:
Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
I cut and polished my car the last time I had a delivery it took me a few hours and I did it in the drive way so I wouldn't have to look out the window, if I rember correctly a member of the bored called ups barsteds cause they where taking so long and it was the day his equimpent was being deliverd, I tend to order my stuff on a Monday unless it's something I need

ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
You guys are missing out on the 'simplest' of distractions, I have a 3 month old and a 2.5 year old. The simplest of projects take 3 months (i.e. installing new phone jacks) so waiting for a delivery a couple months doesn't even get noticed!! :rolleyes:

Bryceo

Bryceo

Banned
You guys are missing out on the 'simplest' of distractions, I have a 3 month old and a 2.5 year old. The simplest of projects take 3 months (i.e. installing new phone jacks) so waiting for a delivery a couple months doesn't even get noticed!! :rolleyes:
I have an 8 month old that helps me well not really he just crawled around picking stuff out, he makes things verey hard to accomplish when his around ;)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Hook up what you have and enjoy it knowing it's only going to get better as more gear comes.

S

Senact

Audioholic Intern
Yea, Ill stick to some light gaming and shows for now, I have a few movies I'm saving until it's all ready to go though (3D Avengers, Star Trek, LOTR etc). I've got a 4 and 2 year old that are helping keep me busy too. My dad saw some of my stuff and now he wants to buy new equipment too, that should soothe me a bit hah.

J

Jeff R.

Audioholic General
Might want to start doing some Dead Lifts....you will need your strength to muscle around the Funk Sub finding the sweet spot.

M

Musicianized

Audiophyte
Ugh I hate the wait.. Just upgraded to a whole new level, I have everything but my Outlaw sub that will not be here till tomorrow... I've been stalking FedEx lol..

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis