House Republicans ready Volkswagen bailout vote

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
Germans drive FAST
and Americans driving German cars drive recklessly. I was passed on the RIGHT by an asshole who was driving a 2016 AUDI A7, on a RESIDENTIAL street. The prick saw he had enough room and just whizzed past, just to show his German car was FASTER and more maneuverable than my crappy rice burner. That jackass might be dead or have a car full of bullet holes if I was that type of person. I even prowled the neighborhood looking for the prick. Now I'm considering equipping my car with front and rear cameras to at least try to catch license plates to report to police.

B

bonejob

Audioholic Intern
and Americans driving German cars drive recklessly. I was passed on the RIGHT by an asshole who was driving a 2016 AUDI A7, on a RESIDENTIAL street. The prick saw he had enough room and just whizzed past, just to show his German car was FASTER and more maneuverable than my crappy rice burner. That jackass might be dead or have a car full of bullet holes if I was that type of person. I even prowled the neighborhood looking for the prick. Now I'm considering equipping my car with front and rear cameras to at least try to catch license plates to report to police.
SOME Americans drive recklessly. And I've seen them in cars and trucks of every make, model and national origin. To generalize so broadly is not only unfair, it's moronic - like saying Muslims are terrorists because some assholes blew up a building in the name of Allah or that black men are violent criminals because you heard on the news that SOME African-American men shot each other up in a gang war in Chicago.

I've been driving German cars (and Swedish cars, and French cars, and even a few American and Japanese cars) for going on 50 years now. In all that time I've never hurt anyone with my car. I've never hit anyone either, though a few have run into me over the years. I've never driven drunk. Yes, I've earned a ticket or two, but never have I driven like a damned fool through residential areas or anything else so egregious. My insurance carrier can attest to the fact that I am a careful driver.

So climb down off your high horse...

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

B

bonejob

Audioholic Intern
My bad... Somehow I screwed up, ending up multiply posting one reply.

My apologies

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I received my Goodwill package today...cool....

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Got mine in November. Be sure to take ID and Car Registration with you.
What are you doing with your VW/Audi $500 card?

That's pretty much one oil change for Audi or I can combine the two $500 cards and get AudiCare which will cover maintenance during the time I own the car.

or maybe just hold on to both cards until I need tires and use it towards that.

Dang first world problems....

jinjuku

jinjuku

That's pretty much one oil change for Audi or I can combine the two $500 cards and get AudiCare which will cover maintenance during the time I own the car.

I'll just get tires from them or something along those lines.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja

Are you kidding me? A dealer can charge close to $500 for a friggin oil change!?

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
I understand the extra capacity of the 3.0L, but still!

jinjuku

jinjuku

If you like reasonable maintenance cost basically avoid any German make.

On my Jetta there isn't a drain plug nor bottom mounted radiator hose to simply drain and refill the coolant.

On my Infiniti it was a cakewalk.

I like the car. A lot. But the annoyances, the lack of end user service options will make it the last. I'm sure I can get the features I like in another make without the hassles. Or may be that I can't :)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Are you kidding me? A dealer can charge close to $500 for a friggin oil change!?
Yep, expensive to own. The first maintenance is free at 5,000 miles and then it is every 10,000 miles. You can purchase AudiCare for around $900 and that covers the car for 5 years of maintenance which is a good discount. You have up to 15,000 miles to still be able to purchase AudiCare so I normally wait until that service period is due and purchase it while I am there.

They do other maintenance along with the oil change but $500 is still crazy.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
  • Change Engine oil
  • Check fluid level Windshield washer
  • Check for damage and leaks Underbody
  • Check for leaks Automatic transmission
  • Check for leaks Engine
  • Check/adjust Lighting
  • Inspect Ball joints
  • Inspect Brake system
  • Inspect Battery
  • Inspect Exhaust system
  • Inspect Spare tire
  • Inspect Tie rod ends
  • Inspect Coolant
  • Inspect On-board diagnosis system
  • Inspect & lubricate Hinges, locks & latches
  • Inspect & lubricate Sunroof
  • Inspect boots & seals Drive axles
  • Inspect for leaks Manual transmission
  • Perform Road test
  • Replace Cabin air filter
  • Replace Oil filter
  • Reset Service reminder light
  • Rotate Wheels & tires

jinjuku

jinjuku

• Change Engine oil
  • Check fluid level Windshield washer
  • Check for damage and leaks Underbody
  • Check for leaks Automatic transmission
  • Check for leaks Engine
  • Check/adjust Lighting
  • Inspect Ball joints
  • Inspect Brake system
  • Inspect Battery
  • Inspect Exhaust system
  • Inspect Spare tire
  • Inspect Tie rod ends
  • Inspect Coolant
  • Inspect On-board diagnosis system
  • Inspect & lubricate Hinges, locks & latches
  • Inspect & lubricate Sunroof
  • Inspect boots & seals Drive axles
  • Inspect for leaks Manual transmission
  • Perform Road test
  • Replace Cabin air filter
  • Replace Oil filter
  • Reset Service reminder light
  • Rotate Wheels & tires
That still isn't $500 and half of it is 'Make work'. Road test? You drove it in there. If there was a problem while driving it in you would have let them know it.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
That still isn't $500 and half of it is 'Make work'. Road test? You drove it in there. If there was a problem while driving it in you would have let them know it.
I am pretty sure that they figure that if you are stupid enough to buy a $60,000 car, you are stupid enough to buy a $500 oil change...

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
No way to tap a hole in what I assume is a oil pan and put a threaded plug?

jinjuku

jinjuku

Funny thing just happened:

This month is my last car payment and Yesterday I'm pretty sure the turbo just took a dump.

The car isn't even worth getting fixed (I've yet to see the quote) due to the emissions cheat.

It's the last VW I'll ever own. Time to move back to the Japanese makes.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Time to move back to the Japanese makes.
You might also consider the Ford Fusion (as a rough equivalent to Jetta).
I don't think the gap between Jap and US is so great as it used to be, and Ford seemed to be the first domestic maker to pull their head out of their arse.
Be sure to consider incentives and rebates - you can usually find from $1000 to $2000 before negotiations.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis