Home Theater Magazine is dead

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Give me a good book or mag ( real ) any old day.. A person looks pretty stupid setting on the throne holding a ipad.:D, it's about as dumb as a person in a stall taking a # whatever talking on a cell phone...
There is a time and place for everything.

Sometimes an iPad or tablet is great, other times a good book or magazine is great.

Does anyone else subscribe to HTM? :D

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Give me a good book or mag ( real ) any old day.. A person looks pretty stupid setting on the throne holding a ipad.:D, it's about as dumb as a person in a stall taking a # whatever talking on a cell phone...
Not sure I get this analogy:

1. I hope I never have to look at a person on a throne using their IPAD. :eek:
2. Does a person holding a book or Magazine look more intelligent while on a throne? :p At least I can sanitize my Ipad when I am done, book not so much, just ask George from Seinfeld :)

As for the comment about screen hurting their eyes, after a while of reading, I fully understand that:

Kindle gives you the option to change the background to ease the pain on the ipad

The Kindle reader new E-ink is no worse than a book, and what book lets you change the size of a font to make it easier to read, or give you the option to use text to voice on a book?

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
My personal favorite is when I go into a stall at work and find either a coffee cup or a twinky wrapper. Seriously, I've seen both before!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
My personal favorite is when I go into a stall at work and find either a coffee cup or a twinky wrapper. Seriously, I've seen both before!
One time I went into a stall to fine it near overflowing with.......well you know and TP, but at least whomever it was wrote "I'm sorry" above the toilet. What it was written in is another story.........

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
There is a time and place for everything.

Sometimes an iPad or tablet is great, other times a good book or magazine is great.

Does anyone else subscribe to HTM? :D
I just hate it when my legs fall asleep :D

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
1. You don't have to buy a device, because you probably already have one that will work with it
Don't you already have a tablet or cell phone, both can use the Amazon Kindle App. I use my Ipad more than my kindle?
I will get some type of reader eventually, and I do have a Galaxy S3. The screen is smaller than a paperback book though. So I'd like something at least as big as the book I'm replacing.

Turning pagers with a book is a hassle, it breaks the mood / concentration. I hate moving to turn a page. That aspect of a reader is a good selling point for me.

What about glare when reading outside?

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I will get some type of reader eventually, and I do have a Galaxy S3. The screen is smaller than a paperback book though. So I'd like something at least as big as the book I'm replacing.

Turning pagers with a book is a hassle, it breaks the mood / concentration. I hate moving to turn a page. That aspect of a reader is a good selling point for me.

What about glare when reading outside?
With the iPad the glare is terrible. Even with a matte screen protector (anti-glare) it's still pretty bad. However, I've borrowed a friends kindle with paper white (?) before and it actually did really well in the bright sun. Without sunglasses it looked better than a book with white pages (IMO).

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
For some reason, I take this as a challenge. :D "What's the weirdest thing that you've seen in a stall."

I find myself inspired to go into a stall and set up a small alter to Jobu for the next guy to find.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
My 11 YO daughter hates reading from her iPad & Android tablets. She prefers reading from good old books. :D

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
For some reason, I take this as a challenge. :D "What's the weirdest thing that you've seen in a stall."

I find myself inspired to go into a stall and set up a small alter to Jobu for the next guy to find.
Do it :eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis