Hi guys. Setting up my first home theater! What do you guys think?

T

twoeyedbob

Audioholic
Corner loading's one thing...sticking it in a cabinet..that's a whole different thing ;-)

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I'd say put the sub next to your right speaker, yes on top of the cabinet and put a rug(door mat) underneath. Better than inside the cabinet.

C

ctciatti

Enthusiast
Ok. Things are finally progressing! I ended up getting porked out of the 7100 series by Abe's of Maine (long story). But the great news is, I ended up getting a hookup on a 55" 8000 series instead! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366641334.167802.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1366641352.067316.jpg
Needless to say, it's F'ng beautiful. I also got my 2112ci finally, so the only thing I am waiting for is a pair of b&w m-1's for my rears. On another note, I had to slide my center out of the way for the tv (I will be mounting it to the entertainment center shortly) so I stuck the speaker in one of the spaces to get it out of the way. Then it hit me...they look really good in those cubbies!! Plus it leaves room for the receiver to sit on top where it is all by itself. Looks way cleaner. I know I asked this question about the subwoofer, but will placing the 2 fronts in these cubbies be detrimental to their sound? They are pretty deep (16") so there is plenty of space behind the speaker. These speakers are ported in the rear. They just look so nice in there!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366641672.801201.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1366641686.616350.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1366641702.333158.jpg

What do you guys think?

bobnegi

bobnegi

Audioholic Intern
gonna get some noticable cabinet vibration

That you will, I had the same issue with two subs in cabinets, just get some isolation pads. No other issue, cause you have front ported subs

C

ctciatti

Enthusiast
Well, all my ducks are in a row! I will be hooking everything up on Sunday! The wife and kids are gone for 2 weeks! It's time to geek out in my basement! My plans have changed a few times, but I think I have a really kick *** setup on my budget! I got a SICK deal on a UN55ES8000 from a hookup. $1550 brand new in the box from a major retailer. I never imagined getting an 8000 series, but I got a deal that I couldn't pass up. I'll be posting pics soon.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
It doesn't sound weird with the center under your left channel?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis