Help with Subwoofer decision

njedpx3

njedpx3

Audioholic General
B-Stock SVS - PB10-NSD

Look at this B-stock SVS ( B-stock means minor cosmetic flaw, acoustically perfect - big saving $$$).

Current B-stock Inventory
https://svsound.com/store/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=12

Get this Subwoofer when it shows up in B-Stock, PB10-NSD - Normal price $449

Proprietary SVS new AL cone 10" NSD woofer

325 watt BASH full-featured amp

CAD cabinet with CNC brace and 1" front baffle

Flush front-firing woofer and co-located port

New high flow 3.5" wide-flare port fittings

Six removable, compliant floor isolation points
Charcoal black polymer laminate finish

Color-keyed fabric grill, chrome mounting pins

Heavy-duty, removable 8 foot power cord

Contemporary "seamless" cabinet styling

20-100 Hz (in room FR will be 2-5 Hz deeper)

Peace and Serenity,

Forest Man

Size: 15" wide x 19" high x 21" deep

Weight: 60 pounds

https://svsound.com/products-sub-box-10nsd.cfm

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks, Forest. I looked at SVS last night, and the PB10 that you recommend is the only one in his ~$400 range - but the shipping is pretty expensive. B-stock will help, though, but unfortunately they don't have any right now.

I had found this quote from Scott last night about the ASW1000 that made me think that the B&W might best the PB10:
The B&W is a good sub with high spl in the mid bass range, for those that recommend SVS it would need to be the PB12 to reach them same performance, and then the B&W will have better distaotaion levels across the board. I might ask what your setup is?

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
B&W doesn't make a bad sub, but you simply get more bang-for-buck out of the ID brands. The ASW1000 I remember was good with music, but I don't remember it hitting as low or as hard as say an SVS or HSU. The finish is also pretty plain for sub costing over $500 and an HSU VTF with real wood veneer looks better IMO :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
B&W doesn't make a bad sub, but you simply get more bang-for-buck out of the ID brands. The ASW1000 I remember was good with music, but I don't remember it hitting as low or as hard as say an SVS or HSU. The finish is also pretty plain for sub costing over $500 and an HSU VTF with real wood veneer looks better IMO :)
Thanks! I was also thinking that the ASW1000 was supposed to be better for music, but Jon read that it wasn't that great for music.

Bang-for-the-buck, Jon will find it difficult to beat the price that I'd give him on the B&W - but I want to have some confidence that he'll be happy with it. After all, it won't be a "deal" if he still doesn't like how his system sounds.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I gave Jon the B&W on Tuesday night. He seems to like it. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis