Help With Possible AVR Issue (Defective?)

ousooner2

ousooner2

Full Audioholic
On another topic....since I use my PC -> WDTV-Live to listen to music and stream blu-rays (wired connection for this) would it benefit me to upgrade my sound card or get an external DAC before running into the AVR? Or after the AVR.....not sure where DAC's go 'in the chain of things'

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
As long as your PC is bit-streaming the sound, you don't need to do either. If your AVR is showing "DTS-HD MA" or "Dolby TrueHD", it means the PC is bit-streaming and you are good to go.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Bass and Treble adjustment limit are +/- 6dB for the graphic equalizer (Manual), but I thought Audyssey could do +/- 10dB (not entirely sure), and even more for the sub channel. In either case, I think the limits are imposed by the hardware, that is, the AVR, not Audyssey. Interestly zone 2/3 has a higher limit of +/- 10dB

If you email Audyssey you will get a reply within a couple of days.

ADTG: The 12dB limit is for volume level.
Oops. I wasn't even on the same page. Must be this mild non-febrile cold I have. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Speaking of cold....it's FREEZING here today! :eek:
And I heard they may change the Super Bowl date depending on the weather.

I guess a lot of people prefer to sit 4 hours in the freezing cold, instead of nice warm weather. I just don't understand this world. :D

I will LMAO if there is a blizzard. I want to watch those people freezing their a$$ off. :D

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
And I heard they may change the Super Bowl date depending on the weather.

I guess a lot of people prefer to sit 4 hours in the freezing cold, instead of nice warm weather. I just don't understand this world. :D

I will LMAO if there is a blizzard. I want to watch those people freezing their a$$ off. :D
Now wouldn't that just be a real kick in the pants, they want to bring the superbowl back to the northeast, outdoors like the games of years gone by, lets have a good old fashioned championship caliber game affected by the elements....whoaaaaa hold everything its gonna be cold. These people running the NFL are frigging nut jobs, its January and it's called winter time for a reason,over paid spoiled sorts that run the show. I think the only "real" sport left is NHL Hockey. This coming from a huge football fan. Sorry for the short derail, now back to the regular program.

RichB

RichB

Audioholic Field Marshall
Now wouldn't that just be a real kick in the pants, they want to bring the superbowl back to the northeast, outdoors like the games of years gone by, lets have a good old fashioned championship caliber game affected by the elements....whoaaaaa hold everything its gonna be cold. These people running the NFL are frigging nut jobs, its January and it's called winter time for a reason,over paid spoiled sorts that run the show. I think the only "real" sport left is NHL Hockey. This coming from a huge football fan. Sorry for the short derail, now back to the regular program.
+2

I thought it was nuts to begin with. You cannot postpone the Superbowl and there is no crying in baseball :p

- Rich

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, let's have the Super Bowl on Monday so millions of people (who weren't already planning on calling in) can call in sick. :D

But seriously, a lot of people actually said they wanted to see a freezing snowy windy Super Bowl affected by the weather. :eek:

Obviously not everyone is against having the Super Bowl in the snowy icy stormy weather. :eek:

I prefer to remove the weather out of the equation and I prefer to sit in nice comfortable temperature, but I guess I am in the minority. :D

And this is coming from a guy who only watches one sport - NFL football.

I hardly watch college football and never watch high school.

ousooner2

ousooner2

Full Audioholic
Haven't had much time to do anything regarding this issue lately, but I was able to take a quick video (on my galaxy s4) of the changes between Audy. FLAT and No EQ. Obviously we're at the mercy of the Galaxy s4 mic AND Youtube compression, but you get the point. It sounds quite a bit better than in the video, but still sounds decent in the video. I've wrote it in the description, but most of the bass and lower midrange sounds compressed and missing. At times you can tell the mic isn't picking up the highs during the dynamic peaks and it'll get quiet and almost cut out (easy to hear in the video). I'm going to try it with my camera tonight and see if it's any better, but just figured this was fun thing to do since I was slightly bored before work

[video=youtube;jJ_l9avGdRQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJ_l9avGdRQ[/video]

DannyA

DannyA

Audioholic
I've been curious about doing measurements but I can see that it isn't a quick, easy procedure. Nice looking room you have there. BTW, what is the artist you are playing in the video?

Pioneer PDP-5020FD
Yamaha RX-V3800
Samsung BD-F5700 Blu-ray Player
Sony - PS3
Definitive Technology BP7006 Mains
Definitive Technology CS-8060 HD Center
Definitive Technology Pro Monitor 1000 Surround
Power Sound Audio XS 15 Subwoofer

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers