Help! what to go with PB12-NSD

ScottWChicago

ScottWChicago

Audioholic Intern
Need some recommendations on Bookshelf speakers.

I think I have decided on SVS PB12-NSD sub. Now trying to figure out what to match it with. I would also be buying new AVR. I like the Onkyo 606, but the Yamaha 663 has been mentioned a lot on here.

70% Movies 30% Music. What speakers would be ideal for around $700.

I have read about the Paradigm, PSB, Axiom, and am now leaning to the SBS-01. I would start with 3 fronts. L,R,and center speaker

Any help would be awesome. Also any other website you would recommend for reviews of speakers.

Living room size 18x20

G

gwilks98

Audioholic Intern
I have a PB12-NSD and don't find it to be very musical. It is FANTASTIC for home theater, though.

I posted another thread trying to find basically the same thing. I'm thinking I need some good punchy speakers to go with the sub to help balance it out.

All the research I've done has pointed me to strong favoritism towards Ascend Sierra-1s in the bookshelf market. They're one of the contenders for a home audition, I just have to make up my mind.

Warning, if you're going to upgrade your receiver, consider whether you want to eventually use it to drive high end speakers that have a 4 ohm rating. I don't have a pre-amp output on my denon, so I think I'm pretty much stuck with 6 or 8 ohm speakers.

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
I have a PB12-NSD and don't find it to be very musical. It is FANTASTIC for home theater, though.

I posted another thread trying to find basically the same thing. I'm thinking I need some good punchy speakers to go with the sub to help balance it out.

All the research I've done has pointed me to strong favoritism towards Ascend Sierra-1s in the bookshelf market. They're one of the contenders for a home audition, I just have to make up my mind.

Warning, if you're going to upgrade your receiver, consider whether you want to eventually use it to drive high end speakers that have a 4 ohm rating. I don't have a pre-amp output on my denon, so I think I'm pretty much stuck with 6 or 8 ohm speakers.
Don't limit yourself based on that receiver. If you happen to fall in love with a 4ohm speaker, then sell the Denon, heck, sell your plasma if you have to, but get that speaker. If money is really tight then it's better to wait then pass up on a speaker you really love. :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis