Help! twin Rythmik F15HP, HSU ULS-15 or Epik Empire

C

Cos_sound

Audiophyte
New to the forum and I need some opinions! I am looking at picking up two sealed subs for my HT, my budget is around 2400 for both subs.

So far I am thinking about the following;

Rythmik F15HP
HSU ULS-15
Epik Empire

And any other options you guys might suggest, single sub is not an option for me.
Thanks!

Last edited:
ntrain42

ntrain42

Junior Audioholic
The 2 F15HP's without even thinking twice about. These subs are strictly about SQ and the HP versions have great output as well.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
The 2 ULS-15s without even thinking twice about. These subs are strictly about SQ and the Dual Drive versions have great output as well.

C

cantonguy

Junior Audioholic
Funny... in another thread I'm on GranteedEV's side and personally think that ntrain42 is full of crap... but I have an F15 and would not hesitate to buy the F15HP's. I'm sure the ULS is a great sub, but I have never heard it and probably never will unless someone else I know buys one. I will be a Rythmik customer for life and I'm not a very brand loyal person.

C

Cos_sound

Audiophyte
Thanks for the responses so far, I also added the Epik Empire to the list.

ntrain42

ntrain42

Junior Audioholic
Thanks for the responses so far, I also added the Epik Empire to the list.
Ive installed 2 pairs of ULS-15 subwoofers. They are good subs no question, but the Rythmiks are that much better(I own a pair of DS15SE's and a pair of F15HP's)talking strictly SQ, very tight detailed bass having both the ability to give good infrasonic extension while being able to blend in seamlessly with even small monitors. I have also set up one Epik Empire. Its also a good sub for the money and on par with the ULS-15 in SQ, but it does have more clean output.

ntrain42

ntrain42

Junior Audioholic
The 2 ULS-15s without even thinking twice about. These subs are strictly about SQ and the Dual Drive versions have great output as well.
Just curious, in your "signature" why is the Rythmik F25 on your "want" list, and not a pair of ULS-15's. ;):rolleyes::eek:

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Just curious, in your "signature" why is the Rythmik F25 on your "want" list, and not a pair of ULS-15's. ;):rolleyes::eek:
Sorry, that was before I had an opportunity to hear the ULS-15s. The Rythmiks are good subs no question, but the ULS-15s are that much better talking strictly SQ, very tight detailed bass having both the ability to give good infrasonic extension while being able to blend in seamlessly with even small monitors.

ntrain42

ntrain42

Junior Audioholic
Sorry, that was before I had an opportunity to hear the ULS-15s. The Rythmiks are good subs no question, but the ULS-15s are that much better talking strictly SQ, very tight detailed bass having both the ability to give good infrasonic extension while being able to blend in seamlessly with even small monitors.
Might want to change your "want" list then. ;)

S

Sepen

Junior Audioholic
The Empire is reviewed at AVS sub forum, great read, 20hz performance.
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1313176

New to the forum and I need some opinions! I am looking at picking up two sealed subs for my HT, my budget is around 2400 for both subs.

So far I am thinking about the following;

Rythmik F15HP
HSU ULS-15
Epik Empire

And any other options you guys might suggest, single sub is not an option for me.
Thanks!

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
The 2 F15HP's without even thinking twice about. These subs are strictly about SQ and the HP versions have great output as well.
I have had both in my room at the same time to compare. In that situation, the SQ edge was the Rythmik's.

Other than that, you guys are funny.:rolleyes:

C

Cos_sound

Audiophyte
I have had both in my room at the same time to compare. In that situation, the SQ edge was the Rythmik's.

interesting, I guess my only concern is the SPL of the Rythmik

H

hometheatergeek

Audiophyte

Curtis,

Just to let you know I am a member here now and I have know you for awhile and IIRC you never had a ULS-15 Dual Drive in your room and I did not know that you had the F15HP in your room. BTW I also notice your signature is different on this web site. ;)

Last edited:
S

sharkman

Full Audioholic
I thought trolling was frowned upon.

H

hometheatergeek

Audiophyte
interesting, I guess my only concern is the SPL of the Rythmik
Hello Cos_sound,

A little background, I have the ULS-15 Dual drive system (plus two Velodynes for a total of 4 subs in my HT area) and I recently helped a friend set up a Dual Empire system. I have not yet had the pleasure to hear the new Rythmik sub. All three choices are great subs from what I have heard and what I have read.

So let me ask this, what size room and any connecting rooms total cubic feet will these subs be placed in? Why are you limiting your selections to sealed subs?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis