Help! twin Rythmik F15HP, HSU ULS-15 or Epik Empire

Matt34

Matt34

Curtis,

Just to let you know I am a member here now and I have know you for awhile and IIRC you never had a ULS-15 Dual Drive in your room and I did not know that you had the F15HP in your room. BTW I also notice your signature has changed. ;)
So you stalking him?

I thought trolling was frowned upon.
It is, and the petty back and forth BS that is spilling over here from other forums is going to come to a screeching halt.

H

hometheatergeek

Audiophyte
So you stalking him?
No I consider cschang a friend. I have know him for awhile now. Sorry if you thought I was being disrespectful but that was not my intentions.

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
No I consider cschang a friend. I have know him for awhile now. Sorry if you thought I was being disrespectful but that was not my intentions.
OK...so to clarify....

I have had a single ULS-15 and a single F15(as well as a JL F112) in my room, all at the same time to compare.

The ULS-15 was on loan from another owner(who was not present), the F15 is mine, the F112 belong to someone else that was present. There was a Hsu VTF-3KM2 owner present (who has since gone to a Rythmik with a custom enclosure).

All three have their strengths and market...but IMO, strictly SQ per dollar, I go Rythmik, although it would be difficult to discern between the three unless you were able to compare side by side.

Oh...I am a volunteer moderator on the Ascend forum. Ascend is an authorized reseller of Rythmik subs. I got my Rythmik before Ascend became a reseller. The Rythmik replaced a Hsu VTF-3MK3.

I'll add another thing.....oh, nevermind....it's for another thread. :)

Last edited:
C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
It is, and the petty back and forth BS that is spilling over here from other forums is going to come to a screeching halt.
BTW...I like reading the forums here because there is less BS to wade through compared to AVS. On the flip side, AVS has more participation(BS not withstanding), more information, and more opinions.

ntrain42

ntrain42

Junior Audioholic
interesting, I guess my only concern is the SPL of the Rythmik
If your wondering what the rough SPL is of the F15HP it would roughly be about 6db less across the board from the FV15HP that was just tested on Audioholics which is still very respectable.

T

TommyTom83

Junior Audioholic
I bought an Epik Empire in December and I absolutely love it. I came from a Mirage Omni S12 ported sub, which has a very different sound. Love the sealed sub sound, not going to lie it took a while to get used to, but I wouldnt trade this sub for the world! I will tell you this, by the link posted the Empire looks small, but in real life at least what I am used to, this thing is HUGE. Before I got the Empire I wanted to get two of them for my family room, but once I actually placed the sub in my home, there is no way in hell the wife will allow it. Good luck!

M

MikeR803

Audiophyte
Thanks for all the inputs

I am in the process of getting a new sub for my system and want to thank everyone here for their comments.

Plus, I wanted to send Ntrain42 a pm, but needed 5 posts to do so. This is my 5th.

Mike

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
I am in the process of getting a new sub for my system and want to thank everyone here for their comments.

Plus, I wanted to send Ntrain42 a pm, but needed 5 posts to do so. This is my 5th.

Mike
You might have better luck finding him over at the Emotiva Lounge...he is not a regular contributor on this site.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis