I'm here to kindly request your help choosing between the following subs
- PSA V1812 IPAL
- Arendal 1723 Subwoofer 2V

Thanks in advance,

Paul

K

kini

Full Audioholic
I think I saw your post in the "other" forum, you are overseas, and the PSA is used? Just being overseas I would go for the Arendal for the I assume local support and Euro warranty. That and IMO the PSA subs are compromised in a few ways.

Y

ypaul123

Enthusiast
I think I saw your post in the "other" forum, you are overseas, and the PSA is used? Just being overseas I would go for the Arendal for the I assume local support and Euro warranty. That and IMO the PSA subs are compromised in a few ways.
I had an SVS SB3000, didn't really like it, plus both of them are within my budget range.

Y

ypaul123

Enthusiast
but would the 2v sound better, that's the main question.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What was lacking in the SB3000? Not sure what you mean by a sub "sounding better", it's more about their capabilities and your goals....

Y

ypaul123

Enthusiast
What was lacking in the SB3000? Not sure what you mean by a sub "sounding better", it's more about their capabilities and your goals....
I'm searching for the punch in the gut feeling in movies, and subtle sweet bass in music.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'm searching for the punch in the gut feeling in movies, and subtle sweet bass in music.
Many subs can do that, but more about spl for the gut feel and more about upper bass range of a sub for that. A lot has to do with your room/placement to begin with more than the sub itself...

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Many subs can do that, but more about spl for the gut feel and more about upper bass range of a sub for that. A lot has to do with your room/placement to begin with more than the sub itself...
I agree gut punch is a little higher. Like 30-100hzish. It’s also as you said about spl. Gut punch takes pretty high spl. He mentioned earlier though that he also wants more
Deep bass output. IMO his room is pretty big and a single sb13 won’t do it. He needs at least one big ported sub. IMO.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I agree gut punch is a little higher. Like 30-100hzish. It’s also as you said about spl. Gut punch takes pretty high spl. He mentioned earlier though that he also wants more
Deep bass output. IMO his room is pretty big and a single sb13 won’t do it. He needs at least one big ported sub. IMO.
Yep.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What's the price for each? Warranty? Have you obtained third party tests for each?

Y

ypaul123

Enthusiast
What's the price for each? Warranty? Have you obtained third party tests for each?
PSA doesn't tend to post tests as far as I know..

the PSA sub costs a little less than the 2v. warranty is standard warranty.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

Some PSAs tested at data-bass before they went silent. Depending where you are would determine warranty. What is the price involved for each?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

No they don’t really. But I know you’re active on avs. I’d visit the PSA thread, and as I mentioned. Call Tom. He will help you.

Or buy two RSL 12s’s for 800ea. There’s a nice review right here!
Man. There are so many good choices out there. Is diy an option?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No they don’t really. But I know you’re active on avs. I’d visit the PSA thread, and as I mentioned. Call Tom. He will help you.

Or buy two RSL 12s’s for 800ea. There’s a nice review right here!
Man. There are so many good choices out there. Is diy an option?
Is he in the US, tho?

G

Golfx

Full Audioholic
Arendal submits their subwoofers to third party reviewers and the results and CEA-2010 numbers have been favorable. The owner of PSA does not support having his subs receiving third party reviews which would yield CEA-2010 numbers. I always wonder why? If they would test well why would he avoid this?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis