dse.co.nz/dse.shop/4bbff28602ecc606273fc0a87f3b06f4/Product/View/AE8521

Is this a 'powered' sub?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
As an example of above.

dse.co.nz/dse.shop/4bbff28602ecc606273fc0a87f3b06f4/Product/View/AE8521

Is this a 'powered' sub?
Yes, its a powered sub, but it's a piece of junk.

J

jaburns2001

Audiophyte
DirectTV/PS3>Amp>4 HDTVs in my mancave + a 20'x12' outdoor movie theater

I have a mancave I built in a 2,000sf barn. The sound system I am putting together needs to be pretty unique.

The primary system has a 7.1 channel Yamaha RV-V1900 (with the HDMI out set to: amp+tv) with 7 Paradigm speakers, a powered sub, and a 72" Mitsubishi HDTV in the main room. It has two input sources, DirecTV & PS3 Slim for games & movies. I use Bitstream from the PS3 to the Yamaha. I have tried both Linear PCM and Bitstream and its hard to tell any difference except for the Yamaha front panel display showing the decoding details when using Bitstream.

I have 3 other HDTVs where I use the TV speakers on them to adjust sound levels for the other mancave venues (locker room, back porch, upstairs bedroom). I want the same source to show an all screens (like the Super Bowl, baby!). All HDMI cable runs are within 30 feet. I've not seen any amps with 5 HDTV outputs, so I got a ExtendHD HDMI 8 port distribution amp. Pretty much everything works great with the DirecTV source, but I have problems when we watch Blue-Ray movies on the PS3.

Two of the TV's work fine with HD video and audio from the DirecTV but there is no audio output from the TV's when I use the PS3 as the source. I figure it must be something to do with the decoding, but regardless of whether I have the PS3 output in Bitstream or LCPM, there is no sound on the other devices. Anyway, now on to the good stuff.

So I put up a 20x12' outdoor movie screen on the basketball court out back of the mancave building, bought a Yamaha RX-V663 amp, 7 outdoor Paradigm speakers, and a sub amp. I ran a HDMI cable from the ExtendHD distribution amp to the Yamaha, and an HDMI cable from the HDMI out on the Yamaha to an Epson PowerLite Pro Cinema 9700 UB. The video is fantastic. But, again, I only get audio from the DirecTV source, but not from the PS3.

So I bought another HDMI distribution amp, connected the PS3 to its import port, and then the two Yamaha receivers to output ports and, walla, 7.1 audio from the both Yamaha receivers now work great! But I have to manually move the HDMI cable going out to the Yamaha powering the outdoor movie theater from the PS3 HDMI distribution amp to the main ExtendHD distribution amp to watch DirecTV media on the outdoor movie theater. A small price to pay but, hey, I'm a perfectionist. And I still can't listen to PS3 source media on the other TV's.

Obviously, the Yamaha RV-V1900 is not outputting the sound correctly so my question is, what amp should I get? Is it a HDMI audio repeater issue with the RV-V1900?

P

protivakid

Audiophyte
I have 3 HDMI switches I am looking at from monoprice.

What should I be looking for? I like the auto selecting design of the first cheapest one. Does the HDCP pass through mean it will just pass right through so if I want to use it with some future HDCP spec it will still work since it's only passing through? The other two seem to limit me to an HDCP version.

I'd like to use it for a Cable Box, PC, & a game console but don't know which would be best?

http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011001&p_id=8148&seq=1&format=2
Product # 8148 - 3X1 Pigtail HDMI® Switch which has "HDCP pass-through"

http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=13703&seq=1&format=2
Product # 13703 Blackbird 4K 5x1 HDMI® Switch which "Supports HDMI Version 1.4 and HDCP Version 1.4"

http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=15263&seq=1&format=2
Product # 15263 "Blackbird 4K Pro 5x1 HDMI® Switch with HDCP 2.2 Support" with "HDCP 2.2 Support"

Thanks in advance

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis