Having issue with my Marantz SR7008

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
It has been a bit over 2 weeks now since I got my receiver back and so far it has been working flawlessly and I haven't faced any issues I used to have with my receiver. So points to Marantz warranty for getting my unit working again with no additional costs. *knocking wood while saying this*

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
It has been a bit over 2 weeks now since I got my receiver back and so far it has been working flawlessly and I haven't faced any issues I used to have with my receiver. So points to Marantz warranty for getting my unit working again with no additional costs. *knocking wood while saying this*
Good! Most likely you will be fine now.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Unfortunately I'm having my unit serviced again! Pretty much all the problems I had earlier are back now.. They will change the Digital Assembly Card again for my unit and if it doesn't help they promised that I would get SR7010 as a replacement.

I talked with the repair shop and they told me that some of TV's are having handshake problems with the new hdmi standards being too sensitive and this might cause these problems I have had. SR7007 for example were with older hdmi standards and wouldn't had any of these problems I have been facing. Hopefully these issues are fixed in the newer models in case I'm having my receiver replaced with SR7010.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Any update to this one?
Sorry jp I have missed your question about update. After the second service receiver worked well for couple months and the problems started to come back little by little again. Sound was dropping out randomly with stereo music, small static sound randomly from speakers and movie sound track recognizion problems randomly after CD listening.

We met with the importer week ago in local audio shop and I brought my SR7008 with me there and talked for quite a bit about the problems with my unit and I also showed him video clip from my phone about the problems I had. As the Digital Assembly Card had been replaced twice already and the same issues still happened he decided to go with warranty replacement so I left my SR7008 for him and yesterday received SR7010. I must say that I'm really satisfied about the Marantz warranty as they really seem to care about their customers and want to keep them happy!

So I have now setup the SR7010 and so far I'm impressed about the small updates it have here and there that makes the receiver even better than the SR7008. It even came with a leaning tower of Pisa (a
cardboard microphonestand for calibration mic) that made the calibration a lot easier as I dont have a microphonestand myself. Small but nice feature if you ask from me! I hope this unit has no faults and will last for years to come. :cool:

jp_over

jp_over

Full Audioholic
Thanks for the update! My SR7008 runs hot but so far hasn't given me any issues. Glad to hear your situation was resolved!

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Thanks for the update! My SR7008 runs hot but so far hasn't given me any issues. Glad to hear your situation was resolved!
Mine ran quite hot too and I placed 2x 200mm computer fans on top of my receiver to cool it down. :) Having those fans on top of my SR7010 now as well.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
What are your thoughts on the ECO mode?
I have it on a Marantz NR-1604 and run it in "auto" mode. It definitely keeps the temperature down, but I don't know if it messes up the sound or not. Nothing obvious if it does.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

I have it on a Marantz NR-1604 and run it in "auto" mode. It definitely keeps the temperature down, but I don't know if it messes up the sound or not. Nothing obvious if it does.
Eco is set off for me.. No point to go eco with receiver when I have plasma TV.:D Tbh I haven't really even looked on what the eco does in this receiver..

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Eco is set off for me.. No point to go eco with receiver when I have plasma TV.:D Tbh I haven't really even looked on what the eco does in this receiver..
It drops the temperature of the AVR by about 10 degrees, which is why I use it. I use the NR-1605 with external amplification, so am pretty sure I suffer no problems.
I read that the only drawback is a relay that switches on and off in the auto mode which can be audible.
Everything published by Marantz or Denon is problematically obfuscated! This is the most comprehensive discussion I have found:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-receivers-amps-processors/2089586-denon-s-eco-mode-what-does-do-exactly.html

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

My Yamaha manual says "if you want to play audio at high volume turn ECO mode "off". Motorhead, Led Zeppelin, and other heavy metal need ECO mode OFF. :D

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

My Yamaha manual says "if you want to play audio at high volume turn ECO mode "off". Motorhead, Led Zeppelin, and other heavy metal need ECO mode OFF. :D
It is worth to read the topic KEW posted. It has some quite usefull info and test results.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis