Have you seen the new THX trailer

T

talmazor

Junior Audioholic
I was over a friend's house yesterday and he mentioned this new, or new to us, THX trailer that came with the new Indiana Jones DVD. I think it's called "Amazing Life", it starts with what look like plants that each play different notes/tones that dance around your surround sound system and then end with the typical "blow your socks off" THX tone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEmkoselQ0c

Very cool, and I immediately asked to borrow the DVD to try on my system. You guys should check it out.

captiankirk28

Full Audioholic
Yes i saw that at the begining of Jones also it sounded very cool, it is about time they came out with something new. TURN IT UP!!

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
I was greeted by this one as well, when we rented the new Indy flick. I was busy at the time getting a soda from the kitchen or something when this started playing, but at first wasn't really paying attention - at one point I finally perked up and came running into the living room. I had to back it up and start over again, much to the dismay of my wife - she was like, "What are you re-winding this part for?" Alas, she still just doesn't get it fully. :D

T

talmazor

Junior Audioholic
I get the same reactions from my wife. Nothing like watching a movie and being asked to turn it down, which is when I give the "confused dog head tilt" look and she gives the "Why am I the only adult in the house" look. The kids and I just laugh and un-pause the movie.

annunaki

annunaki

I thought the new intro was pretty cool. It seemed to have more LFE than others they have done.

My son loves the THX intros, especially the robot one on "Cars". He looks all around the room for the robot flying around and laughs the whole time (My son is 2).

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I saw it for the first time the other day when I popped in my Clone Wars Blu-ray. Pretty cool. At first, I was like, what the hell's the deal with these weird plants?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I saw it for the first time the other day when I popped in my Clone Wars Blu-ray. Pretty cool. At first, I was like, what the hell's the deal with these weird plants?
I was going to ask if this is also on the Blu discs:D, now I know and look forward to them:D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I get the same reactions from my wife. Nothing like watching a movie and being asked to turn it down, ....
You too? Must be a disease in that side of the human race

no. 5

no. 5

Audioholic Field Marshall
For your viewing pleasure, I have a spectrograph of the Amazing Life trailer from the THX website:

Notice the blob of yellow just below 20Hz, clearly indicating a high level of awesome, especially when played at high volume.

A

alexwakelin

Full Audioholic
I went to the THX website and watched all the trailers. When I played to cow trailer the dog was just plain confused, and when I played the lightning one dog and both cats ran and found somewhere to hide :)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis