rgriffin25

rgriffin25

Thanks for all your responses. I went ahead and replaced my panasonic Blu-ray player with the LG BD-390. I sold the PS3 I was using on another TV as a blu-ray player so I needed to replace it. I moved the Panasonic to the upstairs TV and kept the LG for myself.

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

Time flies

Well another year has passed, so I figured I would update my equipment. In august I switched from dish network to Directv. I'm using their whole house DVR which is pretty nice. It does have a few limitations but they are acceptable considering I can watch recorded shows on any tv in the house. My LG BD 390 decided to start acting up and LG replaced it with the BD590 2 months after the warranty had expired.
Around a month or so ago I decided it was time to upgrade my speakers. We recently started selling Klipsch speakers and I have been very impressed with the dynamics and over all clarity of their speakers. So I ordered 2 pairs of the RF-82 II and the RC-62. I don't have a way to incorporate in wall or bookshelf speakers as surrounds. Having a 2 yr old boy running around speaker stands were out of the question.
So far I am very happy with my new speakers. Now I am looking into some room treatments. So any suggestions on that would be welcome. I will try to post some updated pictures soon..

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
Well another year has passed, so I figured I would update my equipment. In august I switched from dish network to Directv. I'm using their whole house DVR which is pretty nice. It does have a few limitations but they are acceptable considering I can watch recorded shows on any tv in the house. My LG BD 390 decided to start acting up and LG replaced it with the BD590 2 months after the warranty had expired.
Around a month or so ago I decided it was time to upgrade my speakers. We recently started selling Klipsch speakers and I have been very impressed with the dynamics and over all clarity of their speakers. So I ordered 2 pairs of the RF-82 II and the RC-62. I don't have a way to incorporate in wall or bookshelf speakers as surrounds. Having a 2 yr old boy running around speaker stands were out of the question.
So far I am very happy with my new speakers. Now I am looking into some room treatments. So any suggestions on that would be welcome. I will try to post some updated pictures soon..
In my book Klipsch gets a bad rap. It's nice to hear someone enjoying Klipsch instead of bad mouthing them.

As far as treatments go I use ATS acoustics. Cheap, and well made panels that come in a variety of sizes and colors/patterns.

Here is what I did for roughly 200.

Post #18 has updated pics.

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54396&page=2

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

Major updates

Well after a great Holiday season at work I have a sizable slush fund so I have made a few updates / upgrades.

Yamaha RX-A3000

Emotiva UPA-5 (I have Bi-amped the front speakers and used remaining amp for center speaker) Great price during their Holiday sale!

Denon DBP-1611 Blu-ray player (replaced old DVD-2200)

I've used LG blu-ray players for a few years now so I thought I would try a different brand. I considered the Oppo BD 95 however I was able to get a pretty good price on the Denon at work so I went that way.
I'm really looking for the HD overlay for the on screen menus on the new Yamaha receiver.

Last edited:
W

westcott

Audioholic General
Well after a great Holiday season at work I have a sizable slush fund so I have made a few updates / upgrades.

Yamaha RX-A3000 (on order)

Emotiva UPA-5 (I have Bi-amped the front speakers and used remaining amp for center speaker) Great price during their Holiday sale!

Denon DBP-1611 Blu-ray player (replaced old DVD-2200)

I've used LG blu-ray players for a few years now so I thought I would try a different brand. I considered the Oppo BD 95 however I was able to get a pretty good price on the Denon at work so I went that way.
I'm really looking for the HD overlay for the on screen menus on the new Yamaha receiver.
Congratulations. I like Denon DVD players and they work with most displays to provide a great picture, especially standard DVD's.

Glad you had a great holiday.

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

Thanks, I'm not really sure what brand it is. I bought it after weeks of searching for a cabinet that was deep enough for all my equipment.

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

Well after seeing and hearing the RF7 and RC64 in person I was no longer satisfied with the RF82 and RC62 I was using :(. I would also like to thank other users here at AH for their inspiration on purchasing the RF7s. (Rippyman and The Factor nice pics!) The upgrade was definitely worth the price. The detail and clarity at any volume is excellent. For all those who "don't" like the Klipsch sound I encourage an extended listening session. I am quite certain your opinion will change. Pics to come! Anyways thanks for looking!

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

New Picture

I really liked the look of the cherry finish on the RF7. I decided to go with black on the center to blend in better with the stand. With the grilles on it is hard to tell what the finish is on the center speaker.

Attachments

W

westcott

Audioholic General
I really liked the look of the cherry finish on the RF7. I decided to go with black on the center to blend in better with the stand. With the grilles on it is hard to tell what the finish is on the center speaker.
I think you will find that the RF7's will really bring out the best in quality recordings, especially DVD concerts, but, will also bring out the worst in highly compressed and poorly recorded CD's. I find my attitude has changed dramatically and my search for better and better quality recordings has brought out the best in my Klipsch speakers. Enjoy and thanks for taking time to share some photos with us.

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

I think you will find that the RF7's will really bring out the best in quality recordings, especially DVD concerts, but, will also bring out the worst in highly compressed and poorly recorded CD's. I find my attitude has changed dramatically and my search for better and better quality recordings has brought out the best in my Klipsch speakers. Enjoy and thanks for taking time to share some photos with us.
You've really hit this one on the head. I have noticed a difference between my iTunes collection and blu-ray / DVD-A SACD. So not only am I a blu-ray snob but now I'm back to buying music on cd instead of using iTunes for convenience. Right now Anesthetize blu-ray is my audio nirvana.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis