rgriffin25

rgriffin25

Well, I have been a member at AH for a couple of years now nearly 600 posts, so I thought it was about time I posted my Home Theater.

Specs:
JVC HD61FH96 1080p
Yamaha RXV2600
Denon DVD2200
Motorola HD DVR
Athena AS-F2.1 X4 (Front and Side Surround)
Athena AS-F1.1 X2 (Surround Back)
Athena AS-C1.1 (Center)
Paradigm PS1000
Tripplite HT1000LCD Battery Backup for TV

I use Phoenix Gold interconnects and Speaker Wire.

I work at an B&M electronics store so my system is constantly evolving. I use my job as an excuse to continually update my stuff.:D My wife and I recently bought a new house so the next step for me will be room decor and acoustic treatments.

Attachments

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Hi Griff,

very nice & charmy setup. Congrats!
What a nice excuse..., I'd love to do the same, but the thruth is (IMO), that you don't need anything else that what you have now.
Same applies to me, as I'm also re arranging my HT (the endless story).

Enjoy the sound though!

Cheers / Avliner.

W

westcott

Audioholic General
Congratulations on your 600th post and having a very nice audio video system, to boot!!!!

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
Now THATS brand loyalty. Nice job! :)

One thing, does the subwoofer really add anything with that many towers? :rolleyes: ;)

SheepStar

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
Nice HT Griff; how have you liked your JVC 1080p display? Looks very nice from what I've seen.
Brad

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

Thanks for the responses guys!
Sheep said:
Now THATS brand loyalty. Nice job! :)

One thing, does the subwoofer really add anything with that many towers? :rolleyes: ;)

SheepStar
When I bought the Athena speakers they were the best bang for the buck. I listen to multi-channel music quite a bit so I wanted to have towers all around.

Yes the subwoofer helps out tremendously.:D

zildjian said:
Nice HT Griff; how have you liked your JVC 1080p display? Looks very nice from what I've seen.
Brad
I really like this TV. I owned a 52" JVC that was 720p before I bought this one. At first glance you I couldn't see a difference between the two. Now that I have had this one for over a month now I can say it is noticably better. It is one of the few on the market that are true 1080p.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Nice HT system. If you move the Athena AS-F2.1 from the side surrounds, and make them rear surrounds would you get better effects.

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

Upgrades

Well almost a year has past and I have made a few upgrades. (I will post some pics soon.)

I have added:

I switched from Cable to Dish network I now use the vip622 HD DVR
X-box 360 Elite with HD DVD drive
Sony BDP-S1 Blu-ray
Velodyne DLS-5000
Sony MDS-JE510 Mini Disc player/recorder*
Sony DVP-C600D**

*I was installing a HT for a customer and we started talking about mini-disc and he told me about this MD unit he has had for years and that he rarely used it. So he asked me if I was interested, I told him it really depended on the price. He told me he would give it to me with 10 discs for $10. So I jumped on it.

**This DVD player is a 5 disc carousel, another customer thought it was time for an upgrade, so he told me I could have it if I would take it with me. So now I basically use it for a CD changer.

Last edited:
Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Dang, nice system.

I was about to make a post about a upgrade at no cost to you, but I can see you have upgraded your subwoofer so there won't be much point. The PS-1000's performance can be enhanced by plugging two ports. We see these three port designs with SVS now and we know that three ports unplugged means high SPL and plugged ports means lower frequency responce.;)

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
If I had to guess I would say you are a Fam Guy Fan1, Fam Guy Fan2, or Fam Guy Fan3.:D

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

I enjoy the show, now and then. The new episodes are not as funny as the older ones in my opinion. When the local suncoast closed the Peter bobble head was only $5, so I thought what the heck.

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

A Few Changes

It's been a while since I've updated my equipment. Since I started this thread a couple of years ago things have changed quite a bit. This past Feb. we painted, replaced the carpet, replaced the TV stand, and bought new leather furniture. My equipment has changed quite a bit as well.

Recently I purchased a new TV. I am a pretty big fan of plasmas so I went with a 60" LG plasma. (60PS80) The picture is great and the networking features are very nice. We use Netflix streaming quite a bit so having it built into the TV is a bonus. I also read there is an update to come out this month to add Vudu streaming as well. I replaced the RX-V2600 with the 3800 about a year and a half ago along with a Panasonic DMP-BD30 Blu-ray player. I have also been using Apple TV for approx. a year now. It is the best way I could find to integrate iTunes music into my HT. I still use the Denon DVD player to listen to SACD and DVD-A. I added a Wii to play some of the "old school" games I grew up playing. My daughter and I also enjoy playing "Punch-out" and Mario Kart. The Xbox 360 is still holding up fine.. No RROD for me. :D That pretty much sums it up. I will post new pics soon. :)

W

westcott

Audioholic General
It's been a while since I've updated my equipment. Since I started this thread a couple of years ago things have changed quite a bit. This past Feb. we painted, replaced the carpet, replaced the TV stand, and bought new leather furniture. My equipment has changed quite a bit as well.

Recently I purchased a new TV. I am a pretty big fan of plasmas so I went with a 60" LG plasma. (60PS80) The picture is great and the networking features are very nice. We use Netflix streaming quite a bit so having it built into the TV is a bonus. I also read there is an update to come out this month to add Vudu streaming as well. I replaced the RX-V2600 with the 3800 about a year and a half ago along with a Panasonic DMP-BD30 Blu-ray player. I have also been using Apple TV for approx. a year now. It is the best way I could find to integrate iTunes music into my HT. I still use the Denon DVD player to listen to SACD and DVD-A. I added a Wii to play some of the "old school" games I grew up playing. My daughter and I also enjoy playing "Punch-out" and Mario Kart. The Xbox 360 is still holding up fine.. No RROD for me. :D That pretty much sums it up. I will post new pics soon. :)
Can't wait to see the pictures of the new equipment and room changes.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Nice setup! Well positioned upgrades to make it a fantastic HT.

I could not help but notice that you vaccumed the place before taking the pics to post here :D.

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

Nice setup! Well positioned upgrades to make it a fantastic HT.

I could not help but notice that you vaccumed the place before taking the pics to post here :D.
:p
I had to vacuum to get rid of all the little Styrofoam pieces from unpacking the TV. Thanks for your response!

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Looks great, Griff!

When do I get my invite to the next show? ;)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis