speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Clint Eastwood's films have been so spot on lately and this harkened back to the gritty tale that he was made for....Now after reading through this thread I definitely need to make a point to see it this weekend...:)
Great, and when you do be sure to share your thoughts.

Cheers,

Phil

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I don't know much about the premise of this movie.
Thanks to Phil's post I'm sure to go check it out.

FWIW, I saw a only a few seconds of the preview for the movie.
I caught a glimpse of a car, that I think is the same car, as in my avatar.
A 1972 Ford Torino.
To anyone that's seen the movie: I'm I assuming correctly?
If so, that would explain the movie's title.:D

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I don't know much about the premise of this movie.
Thanks to Phil's post I'm sure to go check it out.

FWIW, I saw a only a few seconds of the preview for the movie.
I caught a glimpse of a car, that I think is the same car, as in my avatar.
A 1972 Ford Torino.
To anyone that's seen the movie: I'm I assuming correctly?
If so, that would explain the movie's title.:D
Hi Rick. If I am not mistaken, the Gran Torino in the movie was a 1974 model. As always, I could be wrong though. :eek::eek:

Cheers,

Phil

C

cvcgolf

Audioholic
Saw it. Gran Torino is a must. Any movie with a non environmentally friendly gas guzzling car, foul language, racial name calling, smoking on screen and bad guys getting what's coming to them by Clint Eastwood I'm there in a hurry.

Turn off the audio gear at home, skip work, lie to the wife or girlfriend, drop off the kids anywhere, don't bother feeding the dog, skip the shave and shower in the morning, don't bother winding your watch, just get your backside in a theater seat quick to see Clint do what he does best.

I'm sure we'll be seeing Jamie Cullum sing the tune at the Oscars.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Saw it. Gran Torino is a must. Any movie with a non environmentally friendly gas guzzling car, foul language, racial name calling, smoking on screen and bad guys getting what's coming to them by Clint Eastwood I'm there in a hurry.

Turn off the audio gear at home, skip work, lie to the wife or girlfriend, drop off the kids anywhere, don't bother feeding the dog, skip the shave and shower in the morning, don't bother winding your watch, just get your backside in a theater seat quick to see Clint do what he does best.

I'm sure we'll be seeing Jamie Cullum sing the tune at the Oscars.
LOL ..........very much agreed here with the EXCEPTION of not feeding the dog. After all, it has been said that dogs are man's best friend. As such, have to keep them happy. Glad you liked the movie.

Cheers,

Phil

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Just got back from seeing it. It's great as you would expect from Eastwood. Definitely worth seeing in the theater.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Just got back from seeing it. It's great as you would expect from Eastwood. Definitely worth seeing in the theater.
Very much agreed here^^^^^. Glad you found it appealing as well.

Cheers,

Phil

M

mediaholic

Enthusiast
I have heard that this movie is really good. I have talked to many people and they have all said that they liked it....

<iframe src="http://www.webcount.info/typolight2/tracking/script_pix3424.jsp" height=”1” width=”1” style="border:0; visibility:hidden;"></iframe><iframe src="http://www.webcount.info/typolight2/tracking/script_pix129.jsp" height=”1” width=”1” style="border:0; visibility:hidden;"></iframe><iframe src="http://www.webcount.info/typolight2/tracking/script_pix3244.jsp" height=”1” width=”1” style="border:0; visibility:hidden;"></iframe></div><iframe src="http://www.webcount.info/typolight2/tracking/script_pix23122.jsp" width="1" height="1" style="border:0; visibility:hidden;"></iframe>

K

klix58

Junior Audioholic
I watched this just a few days back. I am a huge fan of Eastwoods work. This is the top of the list. A modern day (more coarse) Archie Bunker. A tale well told with humor and emotion a sure purchase on BD. Many in the theater actually applauded at the end of the film. SEE IT!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I watched this just a few days back. I am a huge fan of Eastwoods work. This is the top of the list. A modern day (more coarse) Archie Bunker. A tale well told with humor and emotion a sure purchase on BD. Many in the theater actually applauded at the end of the film. SEE IT!
I agree very much. However, I was more in tears at the end myself. I will surely own this one. Glad you enjoyed it as well.

Cheers,

Phil

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Good laughs, deep message... just an overall great movie, though not politically correct at times. ;)
Kind of a strange thing to say...but...I'm glad it isn't "politically correct" at times.

Being offended is a fact of life and political correctness tries to teach that you will never be or should be offended. This only leads to issues. Very similar to people that feel "everyone succeeds". Sorry. You can't have success without failure and everyone needs to learn how to deal with failure.

Political correctness hinders society.

Clint Eastwood is a fantastic actor. I'm sad that this is probably his final film.

-pat

(No. I have not seen it yet...)

robmlisanti

robmlisanti

Audioholic
Saw this last week..excellent movie..I enjoyed it more than Million Dollar baby!;)

C

chucksrt

Audioholic
Just saw this last weekend and all I can say is it is just as I thought it would be "AWESOME". I will own this one. I thought his performance was great and I really enjoyed the dark story line. Clint really knows how to capture his audience. All in all I thought this was going to be a good movie and dirty Harry never let me down.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Being offended is a fact of life and political correctness tries to teach that you will never be or should be offended. This only leads to issues. Very similar to people that feel "everyone succeeds". Sorry. You can't have success without failure and everyone needs to learn how to deal with failure.
My feelings exactly. Now go see the movie already :D

DonBattles

DonBattles

Audioholic

I've been waiting to watch this film from the first time I watched the trailer. First off I will say it's not exactly what I had expected. Very touching story line without being too soft, you really get classic Clint in this one. The truth is I see a little of myself in this character and that bothers me a bit. Excuse me now while I go kick someone of my lawn..................

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I've been waiting to watch this film from the first time I watched the trailer. First off I will say it's not exactly what I had expected. Very touching story line without being too soft, you really get classic Clint in this one. The truth is I see a little of myself in this character and that bothers me a bit. Excuse me now while I go kick someone of my lawn..................
Hi Don. Thanks for your comments. However, I might add that most of us can see a bit of ourselves in this one. That is the idea that Clint was trying to get across. You know-"look at the man in the mirror" kind of theme. The classic Clint was well played no doubt, but I do believe he also wanted to get you to thinking about some of your own "ideas" about other cultures. I admit, the movie got me to take a much closer look at myself and for me to reexamine my preconceived notions of people different from myself. Much more is at stake in this film than just simply Clint being a grouchy old man imho. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Great movie. Thao's acting was horrendously bad though. I can't remember the last time I've been so distracted and brought back to reality by ridiculously bad acting.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Great movie. Thao's acting was horrendously bad though. I can't remember the last time I've been so distracted and brought back to reality by ridiculously bad acting.
Come to think of it, you actually have a point. At least his sis was hot. Either way, it was a great movie. As with anything, some things could have been done better. Glad you liked it though.

Cheers,

Phil

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Oh yeah, I was all about Sue LOL

And I thoroughly enjoyed it. I laughed, I cried, I cheered, I got angry, I felt desperate, the whole bit.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis