speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Well, just home from watching this movie. It is going to be Clint Eastwood's last film from what I garner. All I can say is that I thoroughly enjoyed it. Been looking forward to seeing it for a good while now.

In short, I found this movie to be quite funny and highly cultural. Clint has a way with his audience that I find quite appealing. Bravo! Bravo! Job well done. Lets just say Clint is back to his well known and/or old ways. You know-the ways that sets him apart from the rest. Thus, I can not say it enough in that I highly recommend this film. This is especially true if you are a Clint Eastwood fan!

Cheers,

Phil

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks for the review, Phil! After seeing the commercials for it on TV, I've also been looking forward to it. I just added it to my Netflix queue so that I don't forget in six months.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks for the review, Phil! After seeing the commercials for it on TV, I've also been looking forward to it. I just added it to my Netflix queue so that I don't forget in six months.
Very smart move Adam. It was so good, that I may have to go see it again. I also am looking forward to seeing Underworld: Rise Of the Lycans too!!! It won't be soon enough. Wolverine looks to be quite impressive as well.

Cheers,

Phil

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The new Underworld - thanks, again! Another one added to the queue. :)

I tell ya, if it wasn't for you and the others on here, I'd never know what movies were coming out. Before today, I hadn't heard of Wolverine or the new Underworld.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
The new Underworld - thanks, again! Another one added to the queue. :)

I tell ya, if it wasn't for you and the others on here, I'd never know what movies were coming out. Before today, I hadn't heard of Wolverine or the new Underworld.
Oh yeah, looking forward to seeing them both. I also notice that they are coming out with an all new Ace Ventura!!!! :eek::eek: That being all about his childhood. Just hope it is as funny as the others.

Cheers,

Phil

ErinH

ErinH

Audioholic General
I went with my wife and parents to see this a few hours ago. We all thought it was a great movie.

I was very happy with the movie; it was even better than I had thought. The wife didn't want to see it, but after shedding a few tears in the movie, she had nothing but good things to say afterward.

I'll be owning this movie.

Good laughs, deep message... just an overall great movie, though not politically correct at times. ;)

C

chucksrt

Audioholic
I can't wait to see this movie, it looks great and your review just confirms what I already thought "I must see this"

anyone see previews for watchmen?

Well, just home from watching this movie. It is going to be Clint Eastwood's last film from what I garner. All I can say is that I thoroughly enjoyed it. Been looking forward to seeing it for a good while now.

In short, I found this movie to be quite funny and highly cultural. Clint has a way with his audience that I find quite appealing. Bravo! Bravo! Job well done. Lets just say Clint is back to his well known and/or old ways. You know-the ways that sets him apart from the rest. Thus, I can not say it enough in that I highly recommend this film. This is especially true if you are a Clint Eastwood fan!

Cheers,

Phil

G

gus6464

Audioholic Samurai
Just got back from the theatres and my wife and I both agree it was one of the best movies we have ever seen. Other than Slumdog Millionaire, this is really the only other movie that should be in contention for best picture Oscar.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I went with my wife and parents to see this a few hours ago. We all thought it was a great movie.

I was very happy with the movie; it was even better than I had thought. The wife didn't want to see it, but after shedding a few tears in the movie, she had nothing but good things to say afterward.

I'll be owning this movie.

Good laughs, deep message... just an overall great movie, though not politically correct at times. ;)
Hi Erin. Glad you and the family liked it. Like you, I plan to own it as well. This already has become an instant classic in my book. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I can't wait to see this movie, it looks great and your review just confirms what I already thought "I must see this"

anyone see previews for watchmen?
When you do see it, be sure to share your thoughts with us. Looking forward to hearing what you have to say.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Just got back from the theatres and my wife and I both agree it was one of the best movies we have ever seen. Other than Slumdog Millionaire, this is really the only other movie that should be in contention for best picture Oscar.
Gus, glad you and the wife enjoyed it. I could not agree more in that it is one of the best I have seen in a long time. Clint just has a way with his audience that I find rather appealing. The film left me with the "man in the mirror" feeling if you will. In other words, it really got me thinking about my place in this world- I am still am. ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I love Clint and will be going to see this soon. Thanks Phil....
Your quite welcome Jamie. Be sure to share your thoughts once you do get to see it. The ending is very dramatic. I am sure you will enjoy it my friend.

Cheers,

Phil

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
REALLY want to see this one and even have passes, but haven't had time.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
REALLY want to see this one and even have passes, but haven't had time.
Yes John, time is of the essence. When you do see it, please be sure to share your thoughts. I always look forward to reading your posts. Well, most of the time!!!! ;);)

Cheers,

Phil

cym_city

cym_city

Junior Audioholic
I got ahold of some free passes and saw this on Monday. I thought it was fantastic. It was a little different from how I thought it would be based on the previews. From the previews I thought it would be a more action based (which is why my wife didn't go) but after watching it I was glad that it wasn't. It was well written and I'll definitely be owning this one. I agree with what was said before about Clint Eastwoods performance. He certainly has a way with his audience. I think the best thing was that there was a vietnamese couple a couple seats down from me and they were laughing at some of the stuff harder than I was. Giving some of the numerous "politically incorrect" comments through out the movie, they were delivered in a way that I never once felt uncomfortable.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I got ahold of some free passes and saw this on Monday. I thought it was fantastic. It was a little different from how I thought it would be based on the previews. From the previews I thought it would be a more action based (which is why my wife didn't go) but after watching it I was glad that it wasn't. It was well written and I'll definitely be owning this one. I agree with what was said before about Clint Eastwoods performance. He certainly has a way with his audience. I think the best thing was that there was a vietnamese couple a couple seats down from me and they were laughing at some of the stuff harder than I was. Giving some of the numerous "politically incorrect" comments through out the movie, they were delivered in a way that I never once felt uncomfortable.
Hi Joel, just wanted to say I could not agree with you more. Very well spoken here. Hope all is well.

Cheers,

Phil

phlakvest

phlakvest

Audioholic
I saw it earlier this week. I would probably rank it as one of the best movies I have seen recently.
The movie was definitaly good enough to overrule the fact some kid was sitting in the back with his MP3 player on.:(

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I saw it earlier this week. I would probably rank it as one of the best movies I have seen recently.
The movie was definitaly good enough to overrule the fact some kid was sitting in the back with his MP3 player on.:(
Very glad you were able to enjoy this movie given the circumstances. I agree in that it was a very good movie. A must see if you ask me.

Cheers,

Phil

Chopin_Guy

Chopin_Guy

Senior Audioholic
Clint Eastwood's films have been so spot on lately and this harkened back to the gritty tale that he was made for....Now after reading through this thread I definitely need to make a point to see it this weekend...:)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis