GoldenEar Triton Three Tower Loudspeaker Preview

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I've had the Triton 2s for maybe 18 months. What setting do you have the volume set to on the back? mine are at about 3 or 4 o'clock and that is typically plenty for 2 channel listening.
Actually, I meant 9 to 10 o'clock position, maybe at about 40%. I was thinking about the positioning when I reach back there from the front, instead of looking at the dial.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
Actually, I meant 9 to 10 o'clock position, maybe at about 40%. I was thinking about the positioning when I reach back there from the front, instead of looking at the dial.
we have ours set at 10 o'clock. You can kiss that GE center channel to the crub. I went with the EM-C2 and it's night and day in improvements.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
we have ours set at 10 o'clock. You can kiss that GE center channel to the crub. I went with the EM-C2 and it's night and day in improvements.
The EM-C2 is that good, huh? How well does it timbre match the Tritons?

IMO, that center is the weakness with the GEs. Sounds good, nothing particularly wrong with it, but it just can't compare to the Tritons.

It's a moot point for me for now, the 50C is smaller and fits the spot I have for it very well. The EM-C2 is too big for me in my current setup.

If I ever had the projector and AT screen, I would seriously consider running Triton 2 L/R and Triton 3 center.

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
The EM-C2 is that good, huh? How well does it timbre match the Tritons?

IMO, that center is the weakness with the GEs. Sounds good, nothing particularly wrong with it, but it just can't compare to the Tritons.
It matches pretty good with some center channel adjustments in my 4311. Anything as far as I'm concerned is better than the 50c that GE put out. Even using xt32 Audyssey couldn't get the levels anywhere close for the 50c.

incidentflux

incidentflux

Audiophyte
Will The Triton Three be officially reviewed in depth by Audioholics?

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Will The Triton Three be officially reviewed in depth by Audioholics?
I wouldn't hold your breath. You will find quite a bit of reviews on www.hometheater.com / www.hometheaterreview.com ... and the list goes on and on. You will even find a lot of information on www.avsforum.com, but not here

I wouldn't think it would be difficult to do as Sandy is probably one of the most easily accessible CEOs in the speaker business and is very active on www.avsforum.

I know that were not liked by a few of the power users on this site, so probably not going to happen. I for one have had the Aon 2 Aon 3 / Triton 7 and Ones and couldn't be happier.

incidentflux

incidentflux

Audiophyte
I already have the Triton Three with the a Supersat 50. As an audio geek, its always good, to get some ideas from user and official reviews.

Just started an owners thread at AVS forums. So far I only found official reviews from GoodSound, Sound & Vision Review and Test report, Home Theater and High Fidelity.

Sometime late next year, looking at getting a subwoofer (preferably dual driver), but they seem to be well above $1100 in most cases.

I heard that Sandy might be coming to our part of the world, Dubai.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis