Ghost in the Shell ..Trailer looks very intriguing

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I watched this finally. Took a little for me to warm up to it, but by the end I was fully invested. I never saw the original so any changes from the source material were unnoticed by me. I liked it quite a bit. Can't wait for the blu ray.
Unlike most fans of the original anime version, I liked this Scarlett Johansson version 200% better than the original anime. :D

I mean come on now, I would take Scarlett Johansson ANY DAY over a cartoon. Please. :D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I saw the 1995 Ghost in the Shell anime last night. I thought it sucked compared to the 2017 version.

But then again, I've never really liked any anime or cartoon since my sophomore year in college. :D

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I saw the 1995 Ghost in the Shell anime last night. I thought it sucked compared to the 2017 version.

But then again, I've never really liked any anime or cartoon since my sophomore year in college. :D
Forgot to post it yesterday, right after i saw 2008's remastered version of the original 1995 movie. Great story. Updated gfx. Haven't seen new one, but most reviews mentioned it greatly lacking in that aspect.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Forgot to post it yesterday, right after i saw 2008's remastered version of the original 1995 movie. Great story. Updated gfx. Haven't seen new one, but most reviews mentioned it greatly lacking in that aspect.
Well, every movie affects everyone differently for sure.

I would be 100% disappointed if the 2017 story were 100% like the 1995 story.

So I am 100% happy the new 2017 version is NOT like the 1995 version. :D

I think they kept all the good stuff from the 1995 version and IMPROVED on the rest. :D

When I saw the remastered (better graphics than original 1995 version) GITS last night, I didn't have any kind of emotional attachment to ANY of the characters - too much machine for me, not enough human emotions and relationships. I didn't care for ANY of the characters - not Major/Mokoto or anyone in the story.

When I saw the new 2017 GITS version, I was emotionally attached to the Major/Mokoto character. I loved it. I also loved the other supporting characters around her. It just clicked with me.

But everyone is different for sure.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Ok, So I just finished watching the 2017 version. I must admit I liked it. Not loved it, but I did like it quite a lot. GFX are truly top notch and story follows original one decently. Speaking of story, the modifications done to it weren't always improvement. Most disappointing fact is the aspects of philosophy of what truly makes us human were quite light on and concept of real AI wasn't a bit of mess in last one.

That said, If I had a habit of buying blurays, I'd make sure to buy this movie and keep on the shelf and make sure it's visible.
First time watching original I didn't get in on the story, but after watching this one, I'd recommend to go back and watch the original 1995 movie for fuller understanding of story and idea.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Watched this one over the weekend. As a fan of the original, I also would give it a like not a love. What they came up with was good but felt like they were clearly trying to hit some of the key notes from the original. I feel the original was better, though also flawed. When I first watched the original I got what it was trying to say, but I think it was too fixated on what it was trying to say. The 2017 film tried to recreate some of the feel and did a good job of it, but the story suffered a bit in this one IMO. I understand why they had to give her a backstory, but didn't feel it was entirely beneficial. Some of the small things that made the original what it was were missing or dramatically altered in the 2017 film. Visually and audio wise, it was great and a lot of fun to watch, but left room for improvement. IMO, the other films that tell the actual early stories of how we arrived at what became the story in the 2017 film are better than this film was. I own the updated 25th anniversary of the anime and prefer the original version.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched it last night not have any experience with the orginal and I really REALLY like it. CGI affects were out of this world, acting was solid and soundtrack was solid as well.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
the CG was really good and I liked the soundtrack. The first two (animated) films had spectacular soundtracks and some variation of some of those important tracks were in this film. This one changed the overall theme of what the original was getting at, but in an interesting way. It was sort of an evolution of what the original theme was and I was OK with it.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I watched it last night not have any experience with the orginal and I really REALLY like it. CGI affects were out of this world, acting was solid and soundtrack was solid as well.
Told you so. If I really enjoy the movie, chances are you would like it a lot too. :D

I enjoyed and had a lot more fun watching Ghost in the Shell 2017 than Wonder Woman, Dunkirk, and Baby Driver.

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
I just finished watching this from Redbox with my recent Atmos set-up...sounded great! Agree the movie was solid and the CGI was amazing. Didn't recognize Euron Greyjoy at first ;)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis