For those who haven't heard, Klipsch being sold to AUDIOVOX!

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hola warp.

I'm not sure either of our auto company analogies are accurate. Ford at least has not destroyed the companies it has aquired (as Audiovox has), and I don't think Yugo ever aquired any companies at all.

MacIntosh was bought out and has maintained it's status and quality. Who knows what will happen. It's just a shame when one of the titans of audio, whose founder's visage probabably belongs on the Mt. Rushmore of Audio, gets bought out by the likes of Audiovox.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
My point was to counter any concern - that there are cases where things don't get lost in acquision, in which the integrity of the original co stays in tact....

Hopefully that is the way of the future for Klipsch......

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Oh boy dreams do come true...lol. Klipsch being bought out and presumably will be peel like an onion....what irony coming form a former Energy fanboy...:D

T

tom67

Full Audioholic
Oh boy dreams do come true...lol. Klipsch being bought out and presumably will be peel like an onion....what irony coming form a former Energy fanboy...:D
Axiom could sell out to Norelco tomorrow and make the stuff in Malaya.....Probably sound better....

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Sad day. They've made some great speakers in the past. My Dad's Quartets still sound amazing.

-pat

Geno

Geno

Senior Audioholic
Hey - I just heard Audiovox was acquired by Spark-O-Matic.

Just kidding:)

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Well, they are having a Fire Sale on Palladiums now.
You aren't kidding, P-17b for $975 each! P-39 for $4,900! P-38 for $2,900! P-37 for $1,949. Those are outstanding deals. That is all like 75% off MSRP.

D

Don G.

Junior Audioholic
My point was to counter any concern - that there are cases where things don't get lost in acquision, in which the integrity of the original co stays in tact....

Hopefully that is the way of the future for Klipsch......
Not sure if you are serious. Ford damn near ruined Jag before finally selling it to Tata in India. The X's and S's were just rebadged Ford crap and they didn't bring out a meaningful car the whole time they owned the brand.

Hate to see this happen. Lifelong Klipsch fan. Still have the pair of Forte's I bought in 1989. Wish I never sold the Heresy's I bought new in 1978.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
You guys know this thread is from over 5 years ago, right?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis