Buckle-meister

Audioholic Field Marshall
Oops. :D It was Pyromania I was thinking of (it was Hysteria that I'd bought; I bought Pyromania later).

Pyromania went on to sell six million copies in 1983, and was held off the top of the US album charts only by Michael Jackson's Thriller.

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Pyromania went on to sell six million copies in 1983, and was held off the top of the US album charts only by Michael Jackson's Thriller.
Pyromania was the first album to launch Def Leppard to commerical success. I still think their second album High 'N' Dry is the best although Pyromania is a very close second.

High 'N' Dry was the first cassette tape I ever owned.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Pyromania was the first album to launch Def Leppard to commerical success. I still think their second album High 'N' Dry is the best although Pyromania is a very close second.

High 'N' Dry was the first cassette tape I ever owned.
Scary. The first two tapes that I ever owned were High 'N' Dry and Pyromania!

On a related note, I got High 'N' Dry on CD back in high school (or maybe middle school) and it had two extra tracks on it. It got stolen in college, and I never did find a copy with the extra tracks again. Thieving rat bastard...

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
On a related note, I got High 'N' Dry on CD back in high school (or maybe middle school) and it had two extra tracks on it. It got stolen in college, and I never did find a copy with the extra tracks again. Thieving rat bastard...
I had that version at one time too. One of the extra tracks was 'Me and My Wine'. My version was all scratched up and I traded it in when I began the process of ripping my CD collection. I got a new version of the original Mercury release and figured I could do without Me and My Wine.

You can probably find the one with extra tracks at a used CD store. For online purchases of used CDs I use: http://www.secondspin.com. Just checked there and they don't have the version with extra tracks.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
You can probably find the one with extra tracks at a used CD store. For online purchases of used CDs I use: http://www.secondspin.com. Just checked there and they don't have the version with extra tracks.
Thanks, MDS. I appreciate you looking for that. I haven't listened to Def Leppard is a while, so I can get by. :) I do remember being quite upset/disappointed back in college, though. I seem to recall that I liked the remix of "Bringin' on the Heartbreak" that was one of the extra tracks. I have to say that my favorite version of that song is the acoustic one from the "In the Round" concert video, though. Good stuff.

Arggg. I just now remembered that the thief also got away with a Japanese import CD of "Adrenalize" that contained extra tracks. Those tracks eventually got released on "Retro Active", though.

EDIT: Ahhh, memories. Another stolen CD was by a group called "In Vitro" that I got in the $3 bin at some store. Had a song called "Secretary" on it with the refrain "What do you see in your secretary that you don't see in me?" Never found that CD again, either. Can't say that one hurt too much, though. :D

Buckle-meister

In a similar vein to lost and found albums...

I used to listen to Pat Benatar's Wide awake in dreamland on tape. The tape and I eventually separated :rolleyes: but I never forgot about it (man this is sounding more like a mushy film all the time :D). Then, years later, I walked into a second hand music store and lo and behold, there it was, on CD (did I forget to mention that in the UK you just couldn't get that album by Pat Benatar anywhere :mad: ), which I'd been desperate to have it on (pristine sound quality and all that).

One Love and Don't walk away. :cool:

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
My point was the 80s version of MJ sucked rocks long before he was ever outed as a child pedophile. You're acting as if I don't like him because he has sex with kids....but the truth is he sucked long before he was ever exposed as a sexual predator of children.
Maybe I missed the news bulletin, but I was not aware that any of that had been proven. The last I heard, those were only allegations (if they do get proven, I will be the first to tell you that MJ belongs in prison.)
The last time I checked, the rule in this country was still "innocent until proven guilty", not "innocent until accused."

B

Buckeye_Nut

I'm TOTALLY not surprised to find this kind of narrow thinking from you Buckeye. Crap music? Please.
First of all...... are you even old enough to know who the MJ fan base was back in the early-mid 80s? Were you even born yet???

Secondly........Michael Jackson was, in fact, girls (or nerdy guy) music.

Hmmm.....based on your comment, if you were old enough to have lived through the era(beyond wearing diapers)..........I'd guess your other favorites were WHAM, Tears For Fears, Madonna, & Flock of Seagulls? ;)

B

Buckeye_Nut

MJ was chick music. PERIOD! :mad:

Face it, unless you were some Corey Feldman Wanna-Be who walked around with a white glove on or you were trying to get down some chicks pants, you weren't into MJ.
Ding

Ding

Ding!!!!

We have a winner!!!

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Depends on the age group, my friend. MJ was quite popular with my friends and I when Thriller came out. We were all around 11, I think. Didn't hurt that a girl that I had a crush on liked him, though.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
First of all...... are you even old enough to know who the MJ fan base was back in the early-mid 80s? Were you even born yet???

Hmmm.....based on your comment, if you were old enough to have lived through the era(beyond wearing diapers)..........I'd guess your other favorites were WHAM, Tears For Fears, Madonna, & Flock of Seagulls? ;)
So what you are really saying is you were too OLD to get into this music then? :D

What's wrong with Tears for Fears and A Flock of Seagulls? I still like their stuff...once in a while. I didn't really get into MJ that much, but Thriller was a good album.

Highlander

Highlander

Full Audioholic
Michael Jackson was, in fact, girls (or nerdy guy) music.
Arguably we all of us here at Audioholics are nerds; audio nerds.

Speaking for myself, I'll take being called a nerd as a compliment. It tells me that I'm different from the rest of the flock.

Keep it up you sheep. With a closed mindset like yours, you're the one missing out. :)

B

Buckeye_Nut

So what you are really saying is you were too OLD to get into this music then? :D

What's wrong with Tears for Fears and A Flock of Seagulls? I still like their stuff...once in a while. I didn't really get into MJ that much, but Thriller was a good album.
It's bubblegum girl Girl music.......thats what's wrong with it.
HeHeHe..... I do admit to now liking many of the 'chick music' bands now that they've become oldies. Back when they were new though.......???:p

I do admit to listening to some girl music...IE foreigner & Journey were my favorite girl music. Most of the stuff I listened to growing up was stuff like ZZTop, VanHalen, Led Zep, Boston, Aerosmith, Bad Company, The Who, ACDC, Eagles, Nazareth, Pink Floyd, etc. etc, etc...

Ya know....stuff that wasn't chick music.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I do admit to listening to some girl music...IE foreigner & Journey were my favorite girl music. Most of the stuff I listened to growing up was stuff like ZZTop, VanHalen, Led Zep, Boston, Aerosmith, Bad Company, The Who, ACDC, Eagles, Nazareth, Pink Floyd, etc. etc, etc...

Ya know....stuff that wasn't chick music.
I'm clearly in touch with my feminine side, then. Not only did I like the bands that you listed (with the exception of Pink Floyd), I was also into all the apparently girly music that must have been everything that you didn't listen to. I admit it...I liked Debbie Gibson. Why? Because she was hot, and I was more into watching videos of girls with long hair than those that had guys with long hair. :)

B

Buckeye_Nut

Depends on the age group, my friend. MJ was quite popular with my friends and I when Thriller came out. We were all around 11, I think. Didn't hurt that a girl that I had a crush on liked him, though.
I was in high school during the thriller era. I suppose if you were a little kid, that's one thing, but HS guys weren't driving around with MJ cassettes in their car....HEH. (unless it was his girlfriends copy)

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
I do admit to listening to some girl music...IE foreigner & Journey were my favorite girl music.
Foreigner and Journey are 'girl music'? I guess you're right because there were a lot of girls at the concerts...and of course that is one reason the guys were there.

B

Buckeye_Nut

Foreigner and Journey are 'girl music'? I guess you're right because there were a lot of girls at the concerts...and of course that is one reason the guys were there.

Yea...pretty much. Journey probably moreso than Foreigner.

Besides Journey and Foreigner, I was also a huge Styx & REO Speedwagon fan too:)

....REO was BIGTIME chick music:D

That was chick music that I liked, but stuff like Wham, Flock of Seaguls, Tears for Fears........................all that was all bubble gum kiddie music.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis