darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
And.....oh yes........Queen.....WOW....did they have some good music:cool:

I'm sure Darien will be shocked to know Queen was also one of my favorite bands growing up;)

Now THAT was music!!

PS....I was class of '86.
Queen was cool. They were one of the best things about the Flash Gordon movie. But I'm sure you would have changed your mind, had you known Freddie Mercury was gay. :rolleyes:

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
My favorite Wham! song it's called "Like A Baby", from the "Make It Big" CD. And on the subject of George Michael, his video "I Want Your Sex", had this amazing oriental girl, Kathy Jeung, man!!!!!, I had a crush on her:D, she was so hot!!!!!:eek:
OOOoooo yeah. That chick was bangin' I never knew her name. Thanks for the info. I'll have to Google that.

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
Look ,the 80s weren't bad, look at some of the good stuff that ZZ Top did and Billy Idol
Woah.....1983 was a VERY good year indeed for ZZ!! I own every ZZTop album ever made up until about 1990 when I fell off the music scene. I like their early-mid 70s bluesy stuff too!!! I got the ZZTOP 6-PACK to snatch up all their old stuff on one fell swoop.

Afterburner wasn't too shabby, but I didn't like how they went techno on that album. ( it has since grown on me over the years) Probably my favorite ZZ stuff is the middle years... Ya know...besides the king of all ZZ albums(Eliminator)........ the Deguello/El Loco stuff was pretty darned good too. (Tube Snake Boogie, Im bad Im nationwide, Cheap Sunglasses, Tube Snake Boogie, Pearl Necklace, Party on the Patio.......etc, etc, etc...)

Let's not forget Billy Squire:D His 1981 "Don't say No" album ruled!!
Stroke, anyone? Geez....that album brings back memories from the 8th grade!!
If you get me started on the good 'ol 80's songs....I might never stop. Needless to say, Culture Club owns none of them. HeHeHe

PS...Idol was cool too. HIs self named '82 album is a classic, and the only Idol album I owned in HS. In college, I bought "Vital Idol"........ wow, did we pound some beers to that one while jamming at ear bleeding levels!! Those extended party-mixes were most excellent indeed!!(while drunk)

Last edited:
stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Woah.....1983 was a VERY good year indeed for ZZ!! I own every ZZTop album ever made up until about 1990 when I fell off the music scene. I like their early-mid 70s bluesy stuff too!!! I got the ZZTOP 6-PACK to snatch up all their old stuff on one fell swoop.

Afterburner wasn't too shabby, but I didn't like how they went techno on that album. ( it has since grown on me over the years) Probably my favorite ZZ stuff is the middle years... Ya know...besides the king of all ZZ albums(Eliminator)........ the Deguello/El Loco stuff was pretty darned good too. (Tube Snake Boogie, Im bad Im nationwide, Cheap Sunglasses, Tube Snake Boogie, Pearl Necklace, Party on the Patio.......etc, etc, etc...)

Let's not forget Billy Squire:D His 1981 "Don't say No" album ruled!!
Stroke, anyone? Geez....that album brings back memories from the 8th grade!! I remember when that album was released like yesterday.
If you get me started on the good 'ol 80's songs....I might never stop. Needless to say, Culture Club owns none of them. HeHeHe

PS...Idol was cool too. HIs self named album is a classic, and the only Idol album I owned in HS. In college, I bought "Vital Idol"........ wow, did we pound some beers to that one while jamming at ear bleeding levels!! Those extended party-mixes were most excellent indeed!!
I've got all that stuff on CD, except Billy Squire which I had in vinyl, but somehow I never got around to replacing it and now I can't stand The Stroke because it was constantly played on a local rock station, they burned the crap out of it. I saw ZZ's recycler tour, best stage show I've ever seen, the props were out of this world, Idol I saw a couple of times. Culture Club? Well they've got: "Do you really want to hurt me"........btw that was Boy singing to his boy toy drummer/boyfriend.

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
But I'm sure you would have changed your mind, had you known Freddie Mercury was gay. :rolleyes:
Give me a break.... Everyone DID KNOW he was gay....even back then. That guy was about as flaming as you can get, and everybody knew Freddy was a "QUEEN". Obviously.......nobody cared because their great music spoke for itself.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
can't stand The Stroke because it was constantly played on a local rock station, they burned the crap out of it.
I still can't listen to "We Will Rock You". All the local stations repeated it ad nauseum during the Tiger's '84 season and I still haven't recovered.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
That should be criminal!;) It's a shame how radio makes your favorite song into a nightmare after a while, what I would do is just buy the record and play it on a reasonable listening cycle.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
The caveman is right, we do need a new thread devoted to "favorite/least favorite '80s music".:cool:

B

Bloodstriker

Full Audioholic
BATMAN The Motion Picture: Original Musical Score - Danny Elfman.

I blew my dad's expensive speakers by pumping it up more than I should have. Then my mom sandeded and repainted the wood on the speakers another colour and laquered it. And then she put a plant on top. I then used the plant as my "jungle" for my toys and scratched up the speakers' nice new laquer. Man, my dad was mad!

Being older and wiser, with my own income, I decided to buy him the gear listed below.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
My first CD was Van Halen - 5150, I remember debating back and forth between that and Pet Shop Boys - Please. I think that I ended up with Please about a month or two later.

Of course, it was circa 1987 or so, and I didn't own a CD player. But, I already saw the writing on the wall, so I bought them on CD and used my Dad's CD player to dub them to cassette. The tapes played fine for me in the car and in the Walkman, but at home I could use my Dad's stereo system.

I was about 5 years later when I actually got my first CD player which was a 10 disc changer in my car.

I've never actually owned a stand alone CD player for my rack, it's always been a DVD player.

G

Gasman

Senior Audioholic
WOW, first CD... Man that was long ago.

I am sure that I'm wrong, but I think it was a Iron Maiden CD.
Either that or Barry Manilow.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
Give me a break.... Everyone DID KNOW he was gay....even back then. That guy was about as flaming as you can get, and everybody knew Freddy was a "QUEEN". Obviously.......nobody cared because their great music spoke for itself.
Agreed. I still remember people being "shocked" when they learned he was gay, but I fail to see how they couldn't have known it all along. It always seemed perfectly obvious to me (being the leader of an all-male band called "Queen" should be the first clue!;))
Of course, it is irrelevant. There is nothing wrong with being gay. Even if there were, it would have nothing to do with musicianship. (Failure to use protection is another matter. He died tragically young as a result of that bit of stupidity.)

krabapple

krabapple

Banned
Led Zeppelin IV...one of the earliest CDs released, this was back in '84 or so...I bought it before I actually had a CD player.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis