Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Not flat down to 3Hz??? You're missing so much content :eek:
And 70dB? Come on fuzz, let's see 115dB :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Wow, I hadn't really even looked at the axis until I saw Steve's comment. That's just...impressive.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Not flat down to 3Hz??? You're missing so much content :eek:
And 70dB? Come on fuzz, let's see 115dB :D
Wow, I hadn't really even looked at the axis until I saw Steve's comment. That's just...impressive.
Meh, who knows if it's even accurate. I mean it was I who did the measurements. The cal for the soundcard kept coming out wonky so hopefully the one I finally got is good.

Also, I never calibrated the SPL meter in REW so that measurement was actually done around 85db. Although I hit 120+ the other day listening to the depth chrage scene from U-571. Good times :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
There's that too :p Re: calibrating sound cards and mics, that's why I'm just as happy with Omnimic.
The mic is easy, they send the cal file with the mic ;)

The only pain is the soundcard, which really depends on the soundcard mostly.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
The only pain is the soundcard, which really depends on the soundcard mostly.
Are you sending REW tones via analog? Why not HDMI and use the ASIO drivers since it eliminates the need for a sound card.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Are you sending REW tones via analog? Why not HDMI and use the ASIO drivers since it eliminates the need for a sound card.
HDMI output, the soundcard is for the mic which requires 48V power. After two crappy, faulty USB miniDSP mics/cal files I went with a CSL calibrated Behringer ECM8000 before those too went the way of the dodo due to manufacturing issues. Although mine is pre-problems so the mic and cal file for that should be fine.

It's just calibrating the soundcard that was an issue because I was getting some unwanted noise from somewhere. Eventually I half figured out that it was from one of two sources so I just disconnected them both and the soundcard cal went fine, looked exactly as it was supposed to. That measurement should be fine, although I'm not sure I trust it past 10hz until I have a reference mic to judge it against. Which is why "earthworks" is one of my saved ebay searches ;)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
When you first open the door to the basement

Downstairs along the left wall

TT should be here today and that will be under the Blues Brothers poster.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
No Minions how dare you? :p
Movie posters are surprisingly inexpensive. Poster frames are surprisingly expensive, even at Wally World.

I have a bunch of posters in my ebay cart. Destined to forever stay there :D

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Check Ikea I bet their frames are cheaper.
I've looked at ikea, framesusa, wal-mart, and a couple other places and none of them have frames that are 27x40 for less than $20. It's funny, the frames cost as much as 5X what the posters cost. Oh well :D

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I used to use tape on mine when I was a kid. Had to keep retaping as they would fall down after a couple of days. :D 5$ damn that's cheap.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Experienced an interesting phenomenon today when I hooked up my TT for the first time. I hooked everything up, set the tracking force, plugged the RCA's into the phono input and everything was horribly distorted. I mean, I was getting sound at -68 and it was bad. Sounded oddly like clipping. Tried a few troubleshooting fixes and none of them worked. Did a little more looking and researching and I totally forgot that the TT has a built in phono preamp built in. Changed the RCA's over to a regular input (CD) and everything works great. I gotta say, pretty useful as this TT can be hooked up to just about anything with the built in phono preamp and it sounds great to my ears. Currently cranking some AC/DC.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Had to move the Ultras because they aren't going to fit with the new screen. This also means I had to redo to the EQ for the miniDSP, which was a royal pain. It involves EQ'ing each driver individually and then as a pair. Still have yet to do Audyssey, but I'm too lazy to remeasure after that. Anyways, this or thereabouts will have to do.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Experienced an interesting phenomenon today when I hooked up my TT for the first time. I hooked everything up, set the tracking force, plugged the RCA's into the phono input and everything was horribly distorted. I mean, I was getting sound at -68 and it was bad. Sounded oddly like clipping. Tried a few troubleshooting fixes and none of them worked. Did a little more looking and researching and I totally forgot that the TT has a built in phono preamp built in. Changed the RCA's over to a regular input (CD) and everything works great. I gotta say, pretty useful as this TT can be hooked up to just about anything with the built in phono preamp and it sounds great to my ears. Currently cranking some AC/DC.

Dude! You bought a Pro-Ject in BLACK :eek:

Real "steak and potatoes" guy right there:D

The selection of finishes is part of what is great about this line of TTs!

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Dude! You bought a Pro-Ject in BLACK :eek:

Real "steak and potatoes" guy right there:D

The selection of finishes is part of what is great about this line of TTs!
Well, I am planning on selling in a month or two ;)

I've had a Pro-ject 2 Xperience Classic on order for almost 3 months and it looks like another month or two or three. So I needed a stopgap :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis