EX-PRESIDENT INDICTED

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Fat Donnie cant even do the "pull all the hair forward" part anymore.....forehead will soon be exposed !!
Maybe he will just go away when he ends up totally bald from stress in 6 months.

bald1.jpg

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Fat Donnie thinks his "Rights" are being violated....Tell 'em , George !!

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
FWIW, gag orders are closely scrutinized under the First Amendment. The big issue is that it is a prior restraint on speech:

>>>A "gag order" is the term for when a judge prohibits the attorneys, parties, or witnesses in a pending lawsuit or criminal prosecution from talking about the case to the public. However, a court will scrutinize any gag order under the right of free expression, protected by the First Amendment, and applies a heavy presumption against its constitutional validity, as with any prior restraint. See Carroll v. Princess Anne. In Nebraska Press Ass’n v. Stuart, the U.S. Supreme Court considered the following factors in analyzing the constitutionality of a gag order: “(a) the nature and extent of pretrial news coverage; (b) whether other measures would be likely to mitigate the effects of unrestrained pretrial publicity; and (c) how effectively a restraining order would operate to prevent the threatened danger [of an unfair trial for defendant].” In that case, however, the Court found that a lower court’s gag order was justified because publicity of alleged shocking crimes would be widespread and would likely reach a jury, impairing the defendant’s right to a fair trial.<<<(emphasis added)

It appears to me that most of the gag order cases involve constraints on press reporting of crimes allegedly committed by a defendant in a case, and the effects the reporting might have on the defendant's right to a trail by an impartial jury.

The issue concerning a gag order on a defendant is not as trivial as it might appear at first glance.

>>>Doing so would raise tricky First Amendment issues as Mr. Trump makes another bid for the White House in a campaign that is partly defined by the criminal cases against him — and in which one of his rivals for the Republican nomination, former Vice President Mike Pence, is also a potential witness.

There is not a lot of precedent to guide Judge Chutkan’s decision. Gag orders are more typically imposed on defense lawyers instead of defendants, who under normal circumstances tend not to talk publicly about their cases out of self-interest.

And gag orders are more typically about preventing the jury from being tainted by hearing about the case outside the courtroom, while Mr. Smith has focused on the risk that Mr. Trump’s attacks may inspire threats or violence against participants in the process.<<<

Having said that, I expect Trump to file an appeal and I expect Trump to lose. Why do I expect this? I doubt that you'd see this stated directly in a written opinion from an appeals court, but Trump's statements are an attempt to undermine the rule of law itself, which is one of the foundations of our democratic system of government. Despite the First Amendment issues, I doubt that an appeals court would be persuaded to allow this to continue.

But, I could be wrong. This is just a best guess on my part.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Drumphy will define the needs for gag orders in some ways I'd think. We haven't encountered public bullshit on his scale/access level before....

ps but of course in drumphy's perfect world only he should be able to bullshit as much, everyone else would be subject to prosecution if disagreeing with his bullshit in his little vision of "lord helmet"tatorship....

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
It looks like Chesebro and Powell are going to trial in Georgia next week:

>>>A Georgia judge Tuesday rejected a variety of attempts by Trump-aligned lawyers Kenneth Chesebro and Sidney Powell to get their 2020 election interference charges thrown out. . . . Jury selection is scheduled to begin Friday. . . . McAfee’s decision likely clears the way for Chesebro and Powell to face trial starting next week. Their cases were expedited after they invoked their right to a speedy trial. <<<

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Sidney Powell is the second person (among 19 people) to plead guilty in the State of Georgia indictments. But she is the first among recognizable names. The other guilty plea, so far, was bail bondsman Scott Hall.

Under the plea deal, Powell will:
  • Serve 6 years of probation
  • Pay a $6,000 fine
  • Pay restitution of $2,700 to the state to cover the cost of replacing election equipment
  • Write an apology letter, and …
  • Testify truthfully in future hearings and trials, as well as provide "any requested documents or evidence subject to any lawful privileges asserted in good faith prior to entering this plea."
This looks big. I wonder if Rudy Giuliani is sweating again.

Both Powell & Giuliani were running around the country looking for evidence of election fraud and trying to persuade various state election officials to hold off certification of the November 2020 election results. I can't remember if Powell directly reported to Trump, or not.

Last edited:
M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Sidney Powell is the second person (among 19 people) to plead guilty in the State of Georgia indictments. But she is the first among recognizable names. The other guilty plea, so far, was bail bondsman Scott Hall.

Under the plea deal, Powell will:
  • Serve 6 years of probation
  • Pay a $6,000 fine
  • Pay restitution of $2,700 to the state to cover the cost of replacing election equipment
  • Write an apology letter, and …
  • Testify truthfully in future hearings and trials, as well as provide "any requested documents or evidence subject to any lawful privileges asserted in good faith prior to entering this plea."
This looks big. I wonder if Rudy Giuliani is sweating again.

Both Powell & Giuliani were running around the country looking for evidence of election fraud and trying to persuade various state election officials to hold off certification of the November 2020 election results. I can't remember if Powell directly reported to Trump, or not.
Interesting. This is the first sane thing she’s done in quite some time.

I tend to think of her as being the craziest mother f’er in the room (even when Trump is in the room).

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord

I tend to think of her as being the craziest mother f’er in the room (even when Trump is in the room).
I always though she was remarkably poor at presenting a “poker face” when she spoke at press conferences. She looked more like a deer in the headlights than you’d expect from a former federal prosecutor. Still, that was better than Giuliani who often looked “falling down drunk”.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi

My first thought on seeing the news this morning was will she be a credible witness with all the crazy stuff she's known for? Is that the plan? :)

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
My first thought on seeing the news this morning was will she be a credible witness with all the crazy stuff she's known for? Is that the plan? :)
Her plea deal depends on her truthful testimony in future trials and hearings. I'd prefer believing that will relieve her of the burden of continued lying. All that 'crazy stuff' she did after the November 2020 election, happened because she was uncomfortable with all the lying she had to do (in my opinion). Her 'crazy stuff' only made me believe that she was a poor liar that brought on her entirely unconvincing poker face. I also think she wanted a quick trial because she had decided to plead guilty asap.

If I remember correctly, she was booted off of the White House Election Fraud legal team in late November or early December. It was due to complex competitive back-stabbing among members of Trump's quickly thrown-together team. She may have reason get revenge on certain individuals, now that she has her plea deal. We'll see.

All in all, a big score for Fulton County DA Fani Willis.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Her plea deal depends on her truthful testimony in future trials and hearings. I'd prefer believing that will relieve her of the burden of continued lying. All that 'crazy stuff' she did after the November 2020 election, happened because she was uncomfortable with all the lying she had to do (in my opinion). Her 'crazy stuff' only made me believe that she was a poor liar that brought on her entirely unconvincing poker face. I also think she wanted a quick trial because she had decided to plead guilty asap.

If I remember correctly, she was booted off of the White House Election Fraud legal team in late November or early December. It was due to complex competitive back-stabbing among members of Trump's quickly thrown-together team. She may have reason get revenge on certain individuals, now that she has her plea deal. We'll see.

All in all, a big score for Fulton County DA Fani Willis.
Wasn't she known for some pretty crazy stuff before representing the drumph? Thought that's what attracted the drumph to her in the first place....

In any case I hope she helps put him in jail where he has long belonged....

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Wasn't she known for some pretty crazy stuff before representing the drumph? Thought that's what attracted the drumph to her in the first place....

In any case I hope she helps put him in jail where he has long belonged....
As far as I know, Powell's main claim to fame in Trump world was her representation of Michael Flynn.

The Axios article below describes Powell's efforts to convince Trump to seize voting machines on the basis that there was supposedly an international communist plot to use voting machines to flip votes to Biden. This is one of the more interesting articles I've read concerning the events leading up to January 6.

>>>Four conspiracy theorists marched into the Oval Office. It was early evening on Friday, Dec. 18 — more than a month after the election had been declared for Joe Biden, and four days after the Electoral College met in every state to make it official. . . . Powell began this meeting with the same baseless claim that now has her facing a $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit: She told the president that Dominion Voting Systems had rigged their machines to flip votes from Trump to Biden and that it was part of an international communist plot to steal the election for the Democrats.<<<

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
As far as I know, Powell's main claim to fame in Trump world was her representation of Michael Flynn.
The Axios article below describes Powell's efforts to convince Trump to seize voting machines on the basis that there was supposedly an international communist plot to use voting machines to flip votes to Biden. This is one of the more interesting articles I've read concerning the events leading up to January 6.

>>>Four conspiracy theorists marched into the Oval Office. It was early evening on Friday, Dec. 18 — more than a month after the election had been declared for Joe Biden, and four days after the Electoral College met in every state to make it official. . . . Powell began this meeting with the same baseless claim that now has her facing a $1.3 billion defamation lawsuit: She told the president that Dominion Voting Systems had rigged their machines to flip votes from Trump to Biden and that it was part of an international communist plot to steal the election for the Democrats.<<<

Wow! More stuff that was so extremely unbelievable that I hadn't remembered it.

I still believe that Sydney Powell is a remarkably bad liar. She couldn't convince herself that the nonsense she spewed was actually true.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
And now … Kenneth Chesebro pleads guilty in Georgia.

https://www.npr.org/2023/10/20/1207417000/kenneth-chesebro-guilty-plea-georgia

Chesebro is pleading guilty to one felony – conspiracy to commit filing false documents. Fulton County prosecutors are recommending that Chesebro serve 5 years of probation and pay $5,000 in restitution. He agreed to testify at any future trials in the sprawling election subversion case and write an apology letter.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis