Epik Sentinel Subwoofer Review

annunaki

annunaki

After speaking in great lengths with the owner of Epik subwoofers, we have decided to retract Rob’s Epik Sentinel review.

• Rob was shipped two products initially, one of which was damaged when he transshipped it from Florida to Canada. Rob maintains the second product that he tested for the review was fully functional while Epik maintains it was also defective during his review process. Since this was Rob’s first review for us, given the circumstances, we are eliminating all doubt by retracting the review.

• Rob’s review didn't undergo peer review by the manufacturer (standard industry practice to ensure no tech errors about the product in question) This wasn't his fault since there was some confusion as the product wasn't sent by Epik specifically for review and there were no official channels open to them from Audioholics.

• Since Rob was unable to take measurements to back up some rather strong claims made against the sub, it makes it hard to separate the facts from the subjectivity of his claims.

Aside from these issues, I actually thought his review was well written and would like to consider using him for future reviews. Next time however, we need to follow the standard protocol we established when I started this website over 10 years ago.

Since the product in question is currently out of stock,we will patiently wait until next year when Chad from Epik subwoofers can send us some of their latest product offerings for review. We plan on doing a comprehensive review with measurements like we typically do and look forward to learning more about the performance of their products.

I hope you understand our situation as we want to do what is best for all parties involved, especially our readers.
Top Notch Gene!

As always...

Matt34

Matt34

News Blog
Sentinel & Phoenix Subwoofers Still Available!
December 21, 2009

We’ve completed nearly all of our open orders and found a few straggler products that had been hiding from us. So, their is a limited amount of Sentinel and Phoenix subwoofers still available!!

If you’d like to make a purchase, please, place your order online as soon as possible. They are available on a first come, first serve basis.

We are leaving all out-of-stock notations as they are, because the quantity is so limited. Simply click the Add To Cart button and your orders will be processed until our stock is depleted.

We are likely to ship orders next day, or by the end of the month at the very latest. Hopefully we can get a few more Epik subs into the hands of our customers before the year is out!

Happy Holidays!
http://www.epiksubwoofers.com/blog/

T

toffkanda

Enthusiast
I now have a few pieces of this driver though it's no longer trending. A very impressive driver in relatively small enclosures as per low frequency extension.
Having worked with it, I know two things ; first there is a lot of difference between how it audits before and after break-in, second there's a fair amount of difficulty in keeping group delay down when modelling it for low extension on WinISD, at least for me.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I now have a few pieces of this driver though it's no longer trending. A very impressive driver in relatively small enclosures as per low frequency extension.
Having worked with it, I know two things ; first there is a lot of difference between how it audits before and after break-in, second there's a fair amount of difficulty in keeping group delay down when modelling it for low extension on WinISD, at least for me.
...AND ONLY 6 YEARS LATER....:D

T

toffkanda

Enthusiast
"I may not have come on the Mayflower, but I came as soon as I could"
- Abel Rovsnovsky (KANE AND ABEL)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis