Enter to Win: Wireless Subwoofer from Aperion Audio!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IndoSlim

Audioholic Intern
**Fingers Crossed**

1. How important is it to you to match the look of the surround sound speakers with the front speakers in a 5.1 or 7.1 system?

4. Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best for my theater/space is of most importance.

2. Currently, if you have surround speakers where are they located? If don’t have surrounds, why not?

3. Speaker Stands

3. If there was a high quality wireless surround sound speaker available would you consider it for a home theater system?

1. Yes, a wireless surround speaker would be great.

4. Wireless speakers have the amplifiers built in and so they need to be plugged into the wall for power. Would this limit you from considering wireless surrounds?

1. No, I have outlets all over the place.

5. When you buy audio electronics, some products use an inline power adapter (“Power Brick”/”Wall Wart”). If you are considering a wireless speaker for surrounds and where you’d place them, which would you prefer? (Please choose one)

3. Doesn’t matter

6. If you were looking for a surround speaker to match your existing front speakers but had to buy another brand, what features would be the most important to you?

4. The sound

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
1. How important is it to you to match the look of the surround sound

[*]Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best for my theater/space is of most importance.

2. Currently, if you have surround speakers where are they located? If don’t have surrounds, why not?

[*] In-ceiling. House was pre-wired for them there.

3. If there was a high quality wireless surround sound speaker available would you consider it for a home theater system?

[*]Yes, a wireless surround speaker would be great, but, only if I could find wireless surrounds that matched my current speakers.

4. Wireless speakers have the amplifiers built in and so they need to be plugged into the wall for power. Would this limit you from considering wireless surrounds?

[*]Other (Please explain)
If I could direct wire them in to the power in the attic then wireless would be OK.

5. When you buy audio electronics, some products use an inline power adapter (“Power Brick”/”Wall Wart”). If you are considering a wireless speaker for surrounds and where you’d place them, which would you prefer? (Please choose one)

[*]Internal Power Supply, so it has an AC Power cord only.

6. If you were looking for a surround speaker to match your existing front speakers but had to buy another brand, what features would be the most important to you?

1. Sound 2. Size 3. Finish

-pat

johndoe

johndoe

Audioholic
1. How important is it to you to match the look of the surround sound speakers with the front speakers in a 5.1 or 7.1 system?
  • Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best for my theater/space is of most importance.

Wall mounted (Concealed wires)

Yes, a wireless surround speaker would be great.

No, I have outlets all over the place.

5. When you buy audio electronics, some products use an inline power adapter (“Power Brick”/”Wall Wart”). If you are considering a wireless speaker for surrounds and where you’d place them, which would you prefer?
    Doesn’t matter

The sound

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Midwesthonky

Audioholic General

Not important. Sound is what matters.

I don’t have surround speakers because (Please explain) - Surrounds were left at previous house so would have to buy more and then run wires through wall which hasn't happened due to high priority projects according to wife/boss and the couch being hard against that same wall so questionable sound quality. Plus there is a doorway right where right rear speaker would go making placement and wiring a major problem.

Yes, I have a difficult room that doesn’t allow me to conceal the wires.

Other (Please explain) - possibly a dealbreaker if I am unable to route power from somewhere convenient. Actually, really could be a deal breaker as I'd have to figure out some way to hide the power cord so it would look nicer if I went with wired speakers.

Doesn’t matter - both wire options would standout so what is the benefit? Either way you need power so for me, I'd probably just eat the effort and route wires for wired speakers. Except for that doorway issue but maybe I could route the wire along the edge of the window molding...

The sound

V

vadergeta

Audiophyte

4. Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best for my theater/space is of most importance.

3. Speaker Stands, that are on end tables

4. No, I don’t trust wireless quality yet.

3. Yes, I want a clean custom installed look, the power cords would be a deal breaker.

1. Internal Power Supply, so it has an AC Power cord only.

4. The sound

G

gpzbc

Audioholic Intern

Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best for my theater/space is of most importance.​

On Speaker Stands​

Yes, a wireless surround speaker would be great. But it would have to be high quality.​

Yes, I want a clean custom installed look, the power cords would be a deal breaker. I'd rather have a speaker wire showing rather than a power cord.​

Inline Power adapter such as Power Brick or Wall Wart with thin DC power cord going to the speaker. I am assuming this would mean a smaller cord?​

The sound would be most important, but that does not mean I would not consider the other three options.​

Last edited:

808htfan

Junior Audioholic
Contest Questions:

• Not important. Sound is what matters.
  • Not important. My surround speakers are on the other side of the room so it doesn’t really matter if they all match or not.
  • Not important. My subwoofer doesn’t match anyway.
  • Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best for my theater/space is of most importance.
  • Very important, if they don’t match the other speakers I’d rather not use surrounds.
  • Other (Please explain)

• Wall mounted (Concealed wires)
  • Wall mounted (Wire under carpet or baseboards)
  • Speaker Stands
  • Bookshelf or end tables
  • I don’t have surround speakers because (Please explain)

• Yes, a wireless surround speaker would be great.
  • Yes, I have a difficult room that doesn’t allow me to conceal the wires.
  • Yes, but only if I could find wireless surrounds that matched my current speakers.
  • No, I don’t trust wireless quality yet.
  • Other (Please explain)

• No, I have outlets all over the place.
  • No, wireless surrounds are the only solution for my room because I can’t get speaker wire there.
  • Yes, I want a clean custom installed look, the power cords would be a deal breaker.
  • Other (Please explain)

• Internal Power Supply, so it has an AC Power cord only.
  • Inline Power adapter such as Power Brick or Wall Wart with thin DC power cord going to the speaker.
  • Doesn’t matter
  • Please explain

• Shape/design of the speaker
  • The size of the speaker
  • The finish/color of the speaker
  • The sound
  • Other (Please explain)
1) D
2) C/D (speaker stand and a table)
3) E, unsure at the moment
4) D, quite possible
5) A
6) A, B, and D

:cool:

T

talannar

Junior Audioholic

2. Wall mounted (Wire under carpet or baseboards)

2. Yes, I have a difficult room that doesn’t allow me to conceal the wires.

1. No, I have outlets all over the place.

5. Other (Please explain)
All of the above would be a factor

C

ctwed

Audioholic Intern
Contest Questions:

Not important. Sound is what matters.

I don’t have surround speakers because room configuration (second follr above the listening room) makes it extrodinatily difficult to mount the 4 required speakers in a cost effective manner.

Yes, I have a difficult room that doesn’t allow me to conceal the wires. Power ofr a quality speaker is still an issue.

Yes, I want a clean custom installed look, the power cords would be a deal breaker.

Please explain - Power cords are a problem.

The sound

Y

yoleiric

Enthusiast
Response

5. I don’t have surround speakers because I'm poor

4. No, I don’t trust wireless quality yet.

3. Yes, I want a clean custom installed look, the power cords would be a

4. The sound

R

Reorx

Full Audioholic

Answer: 1. Not important. Sound is what matters.

Answer: 5. I don’t have surround speakers because my room is awkward shaped, and my surround speakers are in my wife's opinion, to big and ugly.

Answer: 2. Yes, I have a difficult room that doesn’t allow me to conceal the wires.

Answer: 1. No, I have outlets all over the place.

Answer: 3. Doesn’t matter

Answer: 1. Shape/design of the speaker
Answer: 2. The size of the speaker
Answer: 3. The finish/color of the speaker
Answer: 4. The sound

A

arbeck

Audiophyte
1. Not important. Sound is what matters.

2. Wall mounted (Wire under carpet or baseboards)

3. I'd consider it, but the problem is getting power to the speakers. It's easier to run speaker wire to them than a power cable.

4. Yes, I want a clean custom installed look, the power cords would be a deal breaker.

5. Internal Power Supply, so it has an AC Power cord only.

6. The sound

T

TomTx

Audiophyte

d. Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best for my theater/space is of most importance.

a. Wall mounted (Concealed wires) - in-wall ceiling mounted actually

e. I would consider it if they matched and by high quality it meant there's no signal loss or interference over wireless.

d. It would limit me because of the shape of my room. That is why I had to do in-ceiling speakers in the back.

a. Internal Power Supply, so it has an AC Power cord only.

d. The sound

M

murthyvs

Junior Audioholic

Very important, if they don’t match the other speakers I’d rather not use surrounds.

Comment: Easy integration into decor. Aperion's finish is outstanding! Keep up the good work.

Speaker Stands

Comment: Speaker stands will be limited by the size/weight of surrounds. If they are any bigger than Aperion 5DB's .. I would rather go for tower speaker surrounds

No, I don’t trust wireless quality yet.

Comment: I haven't tried yours but tried Rocket Fish. Pure waste.

Yes, I want a clean custom installed look, the power cords would be a deal breaker.

Comment: The whole idea of wireless speakers is defeated. Why eliminate one and create another? I would rather run speaker cable ..

Internal Power Supply, so it has an AC Power cord only.

Comment: This is one of the reasons that I like PS3 and Macs. X360 power brick looks ugly and heavy. If the power-brick is "mini" I may accommodate it.

The sound

Comment: I dont rather go this way.

cliff841

cliff841

Audiophyte
Contest Entry

Contest Questions:

Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best for my theater/space is of most importance.

Bookshelf or end tables

Internal Power Supply, so it has an AC Power cord only.

The sound

A

Acoustician

Audiophyte
Contest entry...

Contest Questions:

• Not important. Sound is what matters.

• Wall mounted (Concealed wires)

• Yes, a wireless surround speaker would be great.

• No, I have outlets all over the place.

• Internal Power Supply, so it has an AC Power cord only.

• The size of the speaker
  • The sound

V

vhato

Audiophyte
Tom said:
Contest Questions:

Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best for my theater/space is of most importance.

Wall mounted (Concealed wires)

Doesn’t matter

The sound

O

oran68

Audiophyte
1. D; somewhat important but sound quality comes first
2. two speakers, 12 feet away, facing the two main and the audio rack
3. D. don't trust wireless, yet
4. D, limited in available outlets
5. B. Inline Poweer adaptor
6. D. the sound

B

bearearz

Junior Audioholic
Wireless Subwoofer from Aperion Audio

1. D; quality comes first !!!
2. 4 speakers, aprox.10 & 16 feet from front, two firing sides,two rear in a 7.1 set-up.
3. D. I don't trust wireless as yet
4. D, No , I have outlets enough?
5. B. In-line Poweer Adaptor
6. D. The Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis