Enter to Win: Wireless Subwoofer from Aperion Audio!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tsjdesign

Audiophyte
1. How important is it to you to match the look of the surround sound speakers with the front speakers in a 5.1 or 7.1 system?

Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best for my theater/space is of most importance.

2. Currently, if you have surround speakers where are they located? If don’t have surrounds, why not?

Wall mounted (Concealed wires)

3. If there was a high quality wireless surround sound speaker available would you consider it for a home theater system?

Yes, a wireless surround speaker would be great.

4. Wireless speakers have the amplifiers built in and so they need to be plugged into the wall for power. Would this limit you from considering wireless surrounds?

No, I have outlets all over the place.

5. When you buy audio electronics, some products use an inline power adapter (“Power Brick”/”Wall Wart”). If you are considering a wireless speaker for surrounds and where you’d place them, which would you prefer? (Please choose one)

Inline Power adapter such as Power Brick or Wall Wart with thin DC

6. If you were looking for a surround speaker to match your existing front speakers but had to buy another brand, what features would be the most important to you?

The sound

T

team_finga

Audiophyte
Contest Questions

1. How important is it to you to match the look of the surround sound speakers with the front speakers in a 5.1 or 7.1 system?
Not important. Sound is what matters.

2. Currently, if you have surround speakers where are they located? If don’t have surrounds, why not?
Wall mounted (Concealed wires) -- Actually, ceiling mounted

3. If there was a high quality wireless surround sound speaker available would you consider it for a home theater system?

4. Wireless speakers have the amplifiers built in and so they need to be plugged into the wall for power. Would this limit you from considering wireless surrounds?
Other (Please explain) It would depend on the placement, but I might be able to get power to wireless surrounds.

5. When you buy audio electronics, some products use an inline power adapter (“Power Brick”/”Wall Wart”). If you are considering a wireless speaker for surrounds and where you’d place them, which would you prefer? (Please choose one)
Doesn’t matter

6. If you were looking for a surround speaker to match your existing front speakers but had to buy another brand, what features would be the most important to you?

The sound

D

dweazil

Audiophyte

4. Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best for my theater/space is of most importance.

1. Wall mounted (Concealed wires)

1. Yes, a wireless surround speaker would be great.

1. No, I have outlets all over the place.

3. Doesn’t matter

2. The size of the speaker

droht

droht

Full Audioholic

Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best for my theater/space is of most importance.

in ceing

Other - would be a hassle but not the end of the world

Internal Power Supply, so it has an AC Power cord only.

Keeps everything looking more clean

The sound

D

douglaswweb

Audiophyte
Contest

d. Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works best for my theater/space is of most importance.

d. Bookshelf or end tables

a. Yes, a wireless surround speaker would be great.

c. Yes, I want a clean custom installed look, the power cords would be a deal

a. Internal Power Supply, so it has an AC Power cord only.

a. Shape/design of the speaker

D

dri3835

Enthusiast
contest entry

Quite important, since this system is in my living room I want it to look good as well as sound good

Tall stands

Yes that would be great, but again you need wire for power...

Possibly, because you need an outlet high enough otherwise you need the power cable to be visible

Doesn't matter as long as I can have no visible wires

The sound and looks should be consistent with the fronts as much as possible

Nossus

Nossus

Audiophyte

Bookshelf or end tables

Yes, I have a difficult room that doesn’t allow me to conceal the wires.

Inline Power adapter such as Power Brick or Wall Wart with thin DC

Other (Please explain)
The elusive WAF is a difficult monster to champion here, so there is always a compromise between sound and aesthetics.

P

Porkys

Audiophyte

Other (Please explain) no i am building a new cinema room so i could always add wall plugs where speakers are gone be anyways

5. When you buy audio electronics, some products use an inline power adapter (“Power Brick”/”Wall Wart”). If you are considering a wireless speaker for surrounds and where you’d place them, which would you prefer?

doesnt matter which as long as it sounds good

The sound

D

davidthi

Audiophyte
Here's my answers to the Contest Questions:

I don’t have surround speakers because still researching a/v receivers.

The size of the speaker

M

malibujeff

Audiophyte

Yes, I want a clean custom installed look, the power cords would be a deal breaker.

The sound

R

rana_gman

Audiophyte
- Somewhat important. I would like to get a matching set, but what works

- Bookshelf or end tables

- Yes, a wireless surround speaker would be great.

- No, I have outlets all over the place.

5. When you buy audio electronics, some products use an inline power adapter (“Power Brick”/”Wall Wart”). If you are considering a wireless speaker for surrounds and where you’d place them, which would you prefer?
- Internal Power Supply, so it has an AC Power cord only.

- The sound

B

bciocco

Audiophyte

2. Not important. My surround speakers are on the other side of the room so it doesn’t really matter if they all match or not.

4. Bookshelf or end tables

1. No, I have outlets all over the place.

2. Inline Power adapter such as Power Brick or Wall Wart with thin DC power cord going to the speaker.

3. The finish/color of the speaker

CoolBob

Audiophyte
Contest Questions:

No, I don’t trust wireless quality yet.

Yes, I want a clean custom installed look, the power cords would be a deal breaker.

Inline Power adapter such as Power Brick or Wall Wart with thin DC power cord going to the speaker.

The sound

M

mmljarc

Audiophyte

The sound

M

Mike JL

Audioholic Intern
Contest Questions:

Other - I have towers as surrounds. The wires are run in-wall.

Doesn’t matter
Please explain - the speakers aren't wireless if they have a power cord. Might as well run speaker wire.

The finish/color of the speaker - there is a WAF component to the selection.

V

vagirl

Audiophyte

Speaker Stands

Doesn’t matter

The sound

O

ohio

Junior Audioholic

Bookshelf or end tables

The size of the speaker
The sound
(both)

D

dad311

Audioholic Intern

1. Not important. Sound is what matters.

3. Speaker Stands

2. No, wireless surrounds are the only solution for my room because I

1. Internal Power Supply, so it has an AC Power cord only.

4. The sound

J

jairus

Audiophyte

The sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis