Enter to Win: Rives Audio Test CD 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wkpreece

Audiophyte
The biggest improvement in sound would come from a measuring tape and spl meter!

The best gift would be an universal remote....and if you really loved them... a programmed universal remote.

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
I would get a Chesky CD/DVD-A or SACD (which ever is appropriate) for my buddy. After all as some have already said; what's the point of having a great sounding system if you don't have great tunes to listen to.

manofsteel2397

manofsteel2397

Audioholic
decent audio cords, actulay i plan on buying my dad some he just got an new hdtv and im going swap out his home theater in the basement with the one he has upstairs because the one in the basement has better bass so i think it should be with his new tv

B

brucewoodington

Audioholic Intern
A six pack. It's been my experience that the perceived video resolution and sound quality rise as exponent of the quantity of alcohol containing beverages consumed. My system sounded so good one time, I added an "11" to the volume control and drew an x through it after the police came.

D

djoxygen

Full Audioholic
Headphone splitter so they can share loss-less encoded music on their iPods when they venture outside their caves... I mean Home Theater rooms.

C

CooLJ92

Audioholic Intern
A free calibration of their Home Theater using the Rives Audio calibration CD and SPL meter of course.

That would be my gift to a family member or friend.

Happy Holidays!

jj

D

djoxygen

Full Audioholic
CooLJ92 said:
A free calibration of their Home Theater using the Rives Audio calibration CD and SPL meter of course.
Brown-noser.

chriscmore

chriscmore

Junior Audioholic
By LEAST expensive, I'd make them a mix-CD-R of some of my favorite tracks. Otherwise a concert DVD is always a good choice.

Chris

A

AVJedi

Audioholic Intern
The perfect gift! I'd have me/my wife and kids take out my fellow audioholic's husband/wife and kids for a play date. That way he/she could have several hours of peace and quiet at home to enjoy his/her system with no interupptions, and engulf themselves in all their hard work and money well spent on their AV equipment!

M

mbaylor

Junior Audioholic
What is the least expensive present you could buy for a fellow Audioholic (CDs, Movies, and gift certificates excluded) that you think they'd appreciate this holiday season?
A card, maybe some cables, and audio advice.

P

PSU80

Junior Audioholic
The URL for Audioholics for some FREE unbaised advice. If I had to buy something a I would probably go with a universal remote

L

leocalgary

Enthusiast
I think it could be a nice guide book for those who want to buy home electronics.

R

RudeDog

Enthusiast
Can't get anywhere without an SPL meter. And some good test DVDs.

J

jzac

Audioholic
Ofcourse...

Oh yeah.... a Rives Audio Test CD indeed to boost their holiday season and home theatre experience! :)

K

kluvlaw

Enthusiast
The Winner

I have none; but an HDMI cable would do nicely.

N

Nozferatu

Enthusiast
least expensive gift...

A once over of their A/V system on some of my FREE time and some FREE advice on how to upgrade it!

ChrisJam

ChrisJam

Full Audioholic
I agree with Nozferatu: I could give my friends some free advice on home audio and HT set-ups. Though I readily admit that I have a looooong way to go to reach the level of many of you, I know tons more than I did a few months ago, largely due to this site. I have a couple friends who have already asked me questions, and I've been happy to tell them what I know and happy to point them to relevant links on this site.

Other inexpensive gift ideas would include a lump of coal--I'm a nice guy, but I can think of a couple people who deserve one :D --or a home-cooked meal. I'm a pretty good cook, and am happy to cook for friends. Wait--depending on what I cook, this one might get a tad expensive. Oh well, 'tis the season! :p

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis