Enter to Win: Rives Audio Test CD 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
WorldLeader

WorldLeader

Full Audioholic
A new iPod shuffle. Those things are so small that even the most diehard iPod hater can enjoy music on-the-go without admitting it.

Anagoge

Anagoge

Junior Audioholic
I don't have a minimum price range. I might even just invite them to dinner, which some might consider "free". I don't have any fellow audioholic friends that I give presents to, so I may be a special case here. For my father, who is a recovereed audioholic now moved on to cars, I often give fairly tiny gifts like CDs or chocolate, etc.

V

varkeast

Junior Audioholic
If it was an option, i'd say Porcupine Tree's Stupid Dream CD/DVD-A dual disk

But since its "no cd/dvd" i'd get a radio shack analog SPL meter

Mr. Lamb Fries

Mr. Lamb Fries

Full Audioholic
ADVICE...ADVICE...ADVICE

Whith so many options out there, people need to be assured they are buying a decent product for the money they are spending.

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
It really depends on what they already own, so I guess a CD would be the cheapest default answer.

O

Oguard

Audioholic Intern
Answer

I would buy a Radio Shack SPL meter. It is invaluable in setting up a room and is really quite inexpensive for what it does so very well.

S

slickster

Enthusiast
Wiring Clips

I'd have to say, wiring clips or some kind of cable organizer.:cool:

Ciao

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
rechargable AA batteries
HT setup DVD or DVD rental gift cards
A/V magazine subscription
Outback steakhouse gift certificate (come on who wouldn't like that!?)

N

NICKTENN

Audiophyte
A toothbrush.

That way when we're sitting down being blown away by their system, at least his/her teeth will be white while they're smiling ear to ear.

K

kleinwl

Audioholic
Contest Question: What is the least expensive present you could buy for a fellow Audioholic (CDs, Movies, and gift certificates excluded) that you think they'd appreciate this holiday season?

a burger and fries... the've spent all their lunch money on those B&Ws!

S

Svenhook

Audioholic
Some decent headphones or maybe a new cartiridge or other turntable supplies cleaning and such

mkossler

mkossler

Audioholic
I would get them a DTS sampler / Telarc sampler to show off that killer rig to all their friends and family. :)

KC23

KC23

Audioholic
Tom Andry said:
Rives Audio is giving away three (3) Rives Audio Test CD 2 this month in our dedicated forum contest.

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA or Canadian Residence 3) Answer the question below in this contest thread:

Contest Question: What is the least expensive present you could buy for a fellow Audioholic (CDs, Movies, and gift certificates excluded) that you think they'd appreciate this holiday season?

Note this contest ends on November 30th 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!
It would depend on how close the person is this gift is for, but if it was for a family member or close friend perhaps $100.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

Kamui

Audiophyte
The answer is simple.

If you love someone, you will give them the gift of an Auzen X-Meridian 7.1 Soundcard.

Granted this may not be the "cheapest" gift, but in value vs. dollars, for ANY HTPC enthusiast, they NEED this card; 24-bit/192kHz in 7.1!!! not just stereo! Encode EVERYTHING into Dolby Digital or DTS. The results are astounding to say the least, no amount of words can do this card justice.

They will owe you for the rest of their lives for giving them the best sound upgrade in the universe for a mere $200.00 MSRP!

J

jhanley

Junior Audioholic
Not necessarily in this order:

o Subscription to some "Audio/Video" magazine.
o Some sort of wiring system for the back of the
equipment. I know I could use help there.
o High end cleaning kit for all those shiny speakers
o Surge protector/power conditioner
o Laser pointer to help align speakers
o Programmable remote control to replace mess on
coffee table

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis