Enter to Win: Onix X-sub

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ctfu

Audiophyte
Active Crossover System

An active crossover (prefer digital using DSP with time compensation) + special speakers with multiple set of binding posts (one per driver) and no internal passive crossover network (good candidate: Onix Reference 1.5).

The active crossover minimizes the distortion and power lost caused by passive crossover and allows the amplifiers to have precise control over the driver. Together, this will provide the ultimate 2 channel experience.

B

Bobster

Junior Audioholic
I'd like to see...

Speakers to round out the X series, including an HT (deep) sub and center channel.

A

ahdeeoh

Enthusiast
Product Wish

I would like a simple 5 band parametric eq. All 5 bands in the subwoofers operating range with an upper and lower shelf. No memories, no extras except for a calibration cd with bass test tones. Subwoofers are generally set and forget. 1 band is great for room modes but 5 is better to achieve smooth overall response.

A

andysink

Audiophyte
I would like an inexpensive graphic sub EQ that matches the beauty of the x-series to help tame unruly rooms.

K

kwadswor

Audiophyte
I'd like to see active speakers using small digital amps, so that each driver can be separately amplified and the droxxover can be moved farther upstream.

Duffinator

Duffinator

Audioholic Field Marshall
A big sub for HT, with possible multiple drivers.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
How about a new line of Rocket towers that utilize an array of larger woofers, say 8", a dedicated midrange, and a bullet style tweeter. There seems to be a void in the bass region with these massive subwoofers (popular for HT) that leave some midbass out of the equation. A well designed three way tower with multiple 8" drivers would be wonderful.

T

trekker

Audiophyte
Buckeyefan 1 said:
How about a new line of Rocket towers that utilize an array of larger woofers, say 8", a dedicated midrange, and a bullet style tweeter. There seems to be a void in the bass region with these massive subwoofers (popular for HT) that leave some midbass out of the equation. A well designed three way tower with multiple 8" drivers would be wonderful.
The Rocket line does have something like this. It's called RS 1000 Signaturehttp://www.av123.com/products_product.php?section=speakers&product=46.1

I believe there's an upcoming option for this speaker. A Digital Tri-Amp w/DSP will make this even more amazing :eek:

MarkSJohnson

MarkSJohnson

Junior Audioholic
small, powered monitors....

Small, powered monitors that are shielded would be great! Something with XLR and 1/8" inputs, making them suitable for audio and video mixing production work as hooked up to an audio mixer via XLR OR a computer directly via the 1/8" jack.

S

Svenhook

Audioholic
What product/type of product would you like AV123 to bring to the market next and why? (Please limit your responses to speakers and electronics)

I would like to see a good pair of speakers that are a bit cheaper. I love the way AV123's speakers look and i hear great things but I cant afford them, so id love to seem them.

spyboy

spyboy

Junior Audioholic
I would like to see 10 inch and 12 versions of the X-sub at proportional prices, i.e., great looks and performance for the buck. This would round out the X line and provide great competition to other internet brands that do not provide the elegant looks of your products.

F

freeflap

Audioholic Intern
wish products

i'd also want a dedicated movie sub that's deep fast and loud. something to compete against and perhaps outdo the axiom ep600.

thx

in2thelord

in2thelord

Audiophyte
Dvd Player. You Need A Dvd Player.

I cannot for the life of me understand why you don't have some type of universal DVD-A/SACD player. :mad: Even Sherwood Newcastle has two nice examples (SD-860 and SD-871). That is what is keeping me from purchasing an Emotiva Ultra-Lite or DMC combo. Cosmetics are very important so make sure that the style and design match. Most people that know of AV123 are audiophiles that care about quality sound as much a cosmetics. I already have a DVD player but it does not match the style/design theme of the AV equipment or speakers.

A Blu-Ray DVD player with native 1080p HDMI output would be ideal. :D

Also, how about a single AV receiver that can accept native 1080p video through HDMI and includes DTS-HD, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby TrueHD decoding? :rolleyes:

That's my feedback, now gimme my subwoofer fool! :eek:

T

trekker

Audiophyte
There is already a 12" sub in the works, it's called MFW-12. Here's a brief description, "The larger x-sub is a 12" slot ported MONSTER of a sub... Serious output (no joke)... serious product... Driver designed by The Man (Dan Wiggins) and enclosure was penned by the "Other Man" (Phil Bamburg --- ...Perfectly matched driver/amp combination that will knock you out... High Output 350 watt (conservative) amp with PEQ (single band), and ALL the bells and whistles... (to be sure)...

The Curve Slotted Port is simply awesome... A work of art frankly...

Output numbers to scare the pants off anyone in our path (I can think of a few guys that are out there right now... )... but with a planned fit and finish that will set this product at it's own level... sort of a Dare To Compare...

Oh... yeah... the price... $499"

A

AV Newbie

Audiophyte
multi-channel PC sound card SPDIF in & out only. Since no one makes a good sound card.

S

SKINNER

Junior Audioholic
This may sound trivial, but I'd like to see a set of matching stands for the white maple X-LS bookshelves.

S

solairman

Audiophyte
A $500 Blu-Ray DVD player with native 1080p HDMI output would be perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis