Enter to Win: Aperion 10th Anniversary Home Theater System valued at $1999!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
morrone

morrone

Enthusiast
1) What are your home theater system components, including manufacturers and finishes / colors?
  • Amp/Receiver - Denon 3808CI, Black
  • Speakers - Paradigm Legend (Cherry), CC-370 (Black), ADP-170 (White)
  • Sub(s) - SVS 20-39PCi (cylinder, black)
  • Sources - PS3 (blu-ray), TiVo HD, Oppo DV-981HD (dvd, sacd, dvd-audio), Toshiba HD-A30 (HD-DVD, collecting dust)
  • AV furniture - Studiotech component rack and Studiotech TV stand
  • Other - TV is Sony KDS-50A2000 (LCoS RP), APC J15 power conditioning/UPS (Black)

2) What would you change in your home theater system?

Perhaps the surround speakers. I really like the ADP di-/bi-pole design for movies, but an additional set of direct-radiators (to switch between) would probably be nice for some multi-channel music.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system?

Probably upgrade the TV to a plasma or good LCD when the bulb gives out (or gets noticeably dim) on the RP TV.

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain.

5, Color needs to match the room. But black goes with everything. :)

G

Grhodes

Audiophyte
contest response

1) What are your home theater system components, including manufacturers and finishes / colors?
a. amp/receiver- Denon AVR-790, black
b. Speakers- Polk Audio Monitor 50's in cherry for the fronts, Polk Audio CS1 Center channel also in cherry, Polk Audio RC80i in-ceiling speakers for the Rear left and right channels which will soon be painted to match the ceiling.
c. Sub(s)- Bic Acoustech PL-200 12" sub, black
d. Sources- Philips 42" 720p HDTV, Sony PS3, Microsoft X-box 360, Nintendo Wii, OTA antenna, Apple TV.
e. AV furniture- small entertainment center/stand that houses all my hardware except the TV, which is wall-mounted.

I would eventually like to upgrade from the Polk left, right and center channel speakers, and to upgrade my TV to a 50" or 55" 1080p set.

The television, then the speakers.

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain.
4, I would have loved for my sub to match the cherry finish of my other speakers, but for me it came down to getting the features, power and price that I wanted first. I feel the sub can afford to stand out a bit, but would not consider buying different color mains or center channel speakers. I did consider the finish of the sub, however, as I wanted one that did look attractive even if it wasn't in the same finish as my other components. I don't mind so much when people ask what that big black thing is in next to my cabinet, it just gives my an excuse to throw in a movie and crank it up to show it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jaman1

Audiophyte
Aperion Giveaway!

[

• Amp/Receiver
    Reciever = Integra 7.9 / Black
    Amp = Emotiva XPA5 / Black
  • Speakers
    Paradigm
    Studio 60 / Cherry
    CC490 / Black
    ADP 590 / Black
  • Sub(s)
    M&K Old School Beast / Black
  • Sources
    Oppo BDP83 / Black
  • AV furniture
    Homemade cabinet / Stained oak
  • Other

add room treatments, turntable

Center channel, wireless streaming

1, wasn't a factor at all

QUOTE]

E

etrain1984

Audiophyte

Denon AVR-1910
JBL Northridge E Series -Black
JBL E-250 Northridge Series Sub
Xbox 360, Wii, Digital Cable HD Box, LG 55LH90 LED/LCD TV
Wood TV stand for flat panel with glass shelves

I would change out the speakers and add a blu-ray player. I might add a more powerful receiver as well.

Speakers.

Probably an eight. If I could hide it then it wouldn't really matter but I can't with my current setup.

S

skers_54

Full Audioholic

1. Amp/Receiver: Marantz 4001
2. Speakers: Paradigm Monitor fronts, Behringer 2030P surrounds
3. Sub(s): DIY Infinity Kappa Perfect, Behringer A500 amp
4. Sources: Panasonic BD60, Denon 1910, Toshiba HD-DVD player, DirecTV, laptop/iPod
5. AV furniture: Garage Sale TV stand
6. Other: cables from Monoprice or Sam's Club

I need a universal remote and a new rack for my TV and equipment. A more conducive room would be nice.

Remote.

1. I still haven't painted my sub :eek:. When I do, it will be black like everything else though. The sub I used before didn't match though.

A

Adversary

Audiophyte
Amp/Receiver = Pioneer Elite VSX-54TX (black)
Speakers = Monitor Audio RS-Center (Rosenut), MA-700 MKII Gold mains (Rosewood)
Sub(s) = Klipsch KSW-10 (Black)
Sources = Oppo HD970
AV furniture = Yard sale AV & homemade speaker stands
Other = Display = Panasonic Plasma

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Full speaker set/voice matched.

3. It's not important, though I would appreciate it aesthetically. I enjoy nice wood work, but for the most part the SW is out of sight.

M

majewski

Audiophyte
Winner

1. Amp/Receiver:
Pioneer Elite VSX-74TXVi (high gloss black color)
2. Speakers:
RBH MC Series (Black Oak wood grain color), RBH MC-6CT Tower, RBH MC-616C Center, RBH MC-6C Bookshelf.
3. Sub(s):
RBH TS-10AP (Black Oak wood grain color)
4. Sources:
Pioneer Elite 59Avi DVD-Player (high gloss black color)
5. AV furniture:
Custom made wood cabinet (sanded, light wood color)
6. Other: None

My speakers :)

Speakers :D

9 - It's very important to me that the color of the subwoofer match the rest of the speakers. When I have friends over I feel great that my speakers are all the same in color, they look better to me in this way.

T

Tony Rox

Audiophyte
  • Amp/Receiver Denon 3802/AB 4200
  • SpeakersTannoy Saturn 8
  • Sub(s)Tannoy PS350
  • SourcesOppo 83/Tosh XA2/DTV HR21/Thorens TT
  • AV furnitureBello
  • Other
Sony 60a3000

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Front Projector

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system?Front Projector

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain.1 I have black subs and blonde finish main speakers.
In for the win!

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Someday

Enthusiast
My system for now

1. Amp/Receiver: Yamaha RX-v663(Black Finish)
2. Speakers: (5)Polk Audio TC610i (in-cieling)
3. Sub Athena AS-P4100(Black Finish)
4. Sources: Panasonic DVD-S54(Black Finish), HD Cable, Yamaha YDS-10 iPod Dock
5. AV furniture: All enclosed in a built-in cabinet doors
6. Other: Panasonic TH-50PE700U (50" Plasma), Logitech Harmony 890

2) What would you change in your home theater system? When the kids get older, I will substitute the ceiling speakers with floor standers.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Add BluRay

1- I have the sub in the built-in cabinet, child proof.

M

malibujeff

Audiophyte

1. Amp/Receiver - Yamaha RX-V640 & Adcom GFA555II
2. Speakers - Pinnacle PN8+ fronts, Mirage Omni FX Center and surrounds
3. Sub(s) - Pinnacle MegaSub 350
4. Sources - Adcom GCD 575
5. AV furniture - nothing fancy
6. Other - TiVo HD

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Room treatments and upgrade my Receiver

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Receiver

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain. 1

T

TVJon

Audioholic

Amp/Receiver: Denon AVR-2309CI black
Speakers: Polk Audio 5 black, 2 in-wall white.
Sub(s) SVS black
Sources Oppo Blu Ray black, Dish Network HD black, Toshiba DVR black, OTA HDTV.
AV furniture Berkline black, custom cabinetry to be built
Other Carada Projection screen

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Room under construction now... I expect to add acoustical treatments and a more complex lighting set-up, which would be a change from my first theater room. Wish me luck!

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? projector, as I haven't bought it yet. Second would be a hdmi-equipped Mac Mini or Apple TV if it gets a much-needed upgrade. Third might be speakers but I'd have to hear what I have now in the room to know.

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain. 1.) I'm doing custom cabinets with front-firing subs in the cabinets. They're hidden so matching the finish doesn't matter. Generally I like dark speaker finishes that don't reflect a lot of light bouncing off the screen. Speakers are meant to be heard, not seen when the movie's on... but they need to look good when the lights go up.

TVJon

D

davidthi

Audiophyte
Aperion contest

a. Marantz stereo amp - silver & black
b. Infinity bookshelf speakers - black

Everything.

Speakers and a/v receiver.

Probably a 7. Not really very important to match; but, I don't want the subwoofer to stick out in the living room decor.

A

Admiral_Joker

Audiophyte
Amp/Receiver: Pioneer VSX-1015TX
Speakers: Klipsch RB-3 - Black, Unknown Satellite Surrounds and Hand-Me-Down Center - All Black.
Sub(s): None
Sources: Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray Player; Oppo DV-981HD

2) What would you change in your home theater system? My Speakers. They are all hand me downs, and I am in serious need of a real speaker system.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? It would be the speakers, since most are dying due to age.

2. It doesn't really matter too much for me how the subwoofer color matches the rest. As long as it is close, I am happy.

S

scot_prehn

Audiophyte
Whoever wins, can i have your old speakers please? :)

Amp/Receiver - Pioneer VSX 509 - Black - Free hand me down.
Speakers - JBL (no idea what model number, 1 center, 4 identical surround, free from a friend, sound better than just 2)- Black
Sub(s) - None
Sources - Sony BDP-S350 (blu-ray), Xbox 360, and Sharp VC-H993 (VCR for the kids tapes)
AV furniture - Old door that was cut up and made into a 2 level table.
Other - Samsung TV - LN40A550

Receiver, it has no HDMI input. So it's really just the same stereo in front and back, the TV acts as center as the speaker sits idle...

Receiver, as without any old inputs (or inputs that have the right connectors), the outputs are irrelavant.

1 - I don't have one... but if i did it would probably be low right now (1), as i'm located in an unfinished basement on a table made out of an old door. Someday when we finish the basement... dare to dream.

Scot Prehn

D

dv82xl

Audiophyte
contest

Amp/Receiver - RCA - black
Speakers - RCA - black
Sub(s) - RCA - black
Sources - none
AV furniture - none
Other - none

more power
sound
1 - I'm listening to it, in the dark.

jwenthold99

jwenthold99

Full Audioholic
Amp/Receiver Yamaha Rx-v640 black
Speakers Klipsch Reference Series, Black
Sub(s) Built in to main towers
Sources PS3-Blk, Denon DVD player-blk
AV furniture Sanus system stand, cherry
Other NA

2) What would you change in your home theater system? room that it is in

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? receiver

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain. 1 - It would most likely be black, so it would work anyway, and if it is a good deal and the only color available is off, performance is more important than looks :D

E

euphonimaniac

Audiophyte
Aperion System Contest

Amp/Receiver - Pioneer VSX-1020-K (black)
Speakers - EMP Tek Impression E5Ti Towers (Black Ash)--they're shipping as I type.
Sub - EMP Tek ES10i (Black Ash)--again, on its way...
Sources - Panasonic DMP-BD60 (black), Wii (white)
AV furniture - Oak TV Stand
Other - Panasonic TC-P42G15 Plasma (black)

I would place it in a dedicated home theater room instead of having it in our living room. Not only are the room acoustics horrible, but speaker and furniture placement are severely limited by aesthetic and marital concerns.

I would upgrade from 2.1 to 5.1 surround.

9. Since our "home theater" is in our living room, it pretty much had to match.

jthomp27

jthomp27

Audioholic Intern

1. Amp/Receiver - Pioneer Elite VSX 56Txi
2. Speakers - B&W CDM 1NT (x4) B&W CDM CNT (center) - black with factory stands
3. Sub(s) SVS 20-39 PCi (black)
4. Sources: Sony PS3, Pioneer Elite 59AVI DVD-Audio/SACD player, Teac Turntable
5. AV furniture - Sanus TV Stand for 56" Samsung HL-S5679W DLP, Sanus Rack for receiver and source equipment
6. Other - Universal Remote MX-900, ACEI Sub EQ

Dedicated Blu-Ray player, Upgraded Source components (serparates), new sub

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? New Sub

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain.10 - it's a deal-breaker for my wife...she hates seeing speakers enough as it is...ones that don't match will not fly in my house...even in our dedicated media room

B

bigspur1984

Enthusiast
a) Denon AVR-2308CI- black
b) Salk Song Tower/Center- medium curly cherry (fronts), Emotive ERD-1- black (surrounds)
c) SVS 16-46PC-Plus- black
d) Panasonic TC-P54G20- black, Panasonic Blu-ray DMP-BD65K-black, XBOX 360 premium- white
e) Techcraft Solution Series Flat Panel Mount & Stand- black
f) iPod dock, Monoprice cables

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Acoustics, I want to add some panels and bass traps.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? I would like to change out my AVR, for a Preamplifier/Processor/Amp setup.

A 3, I am fine with the black and it usually saves money getting that color. I am not married so I do not have a wife factor. :D:D

C

ctwed

Audioholic Intern
Amp/Receiver:
Onkyo TX-NR905-Black
Speakers:
Definitive Technology BP20 (L,R), Def Tech CLR1000 (Center)-Piano Black
Sub(s):
Velodyne FX-1000-Black Ash
Sources:
Dual 721 Turntable-Wood Grain
OPPO Blu Ray-Black
Yamaha 6 Disk Universal Changer -Black
AV furniture:
Belo Tower-Black & Nickel
Other:
Belkin power conditioner-Nickel

Add wireless technology

All Speakers 7.1 System

Per the wife "Any color as long as it is black" Make the Scale=9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis