Enter to Win: Aperion 10th Anniversary Home Theater System valued at $1999!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hifiman

hifiman

Audioholic
Contest

1) What are your home theater system components, including manufacturers and finishes / colors?

1. Amp/Receiver Onkyo - black
2. Speakers Orb Audio - copper
3. Sub(s) Definitive Technology - cherry/black
4. Sources Panasonic - black, Sharp - black, Microsoft - off white
5. AV furniture Brand unknown - dark walnut
6. Other

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Possibly speakers

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Speakers - something that plays a little lower

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain. The subwoofer didn't need to match the system at all. It's on the other side of the room and in a corner. The top is cherry, but the choice was based on availability more than desire.

S

Side99

Enthusiast
1) What are your home theater system components, including manufacturers and finishes / colors?
Amp/Receiver: Onkyo 605 (Black)
Speakers: Front L/R Focal 814v (Piano Black), Center Focal 800cc (Piano Black), Rears BIC dv62ci (Black)
Sub(s): HSU VTF 2 MK III (Black)
Sources: PS3, At&t UVERSE dvr
AV furniture: Black glass w/silver accent tv stand and matching a/v rack
Other: Pioneer Kuro 5080pdp

2) What would you change in your home theater system? There is always room for improvement. Larger display, better staging/acoustics, higher quality sources

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? AVR, overall system needs more power.

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain.
6 I prefer it match the majority of furniture in the theater system but it's currently hidden so it wouldn't be the end of the world if it didn't

G

godan

Audioholic Intern

1. Amp/Receiver - old JVC RX-815V
2. Speakers - old toshiba 5.0
3. Sub(s) - none
4. Sources - crappy digital cable box, old toshiba 2109 dvd player, old jvc vhs deck
5. AV furniture - old cheapo rickety rack & tv stand
6. Other

2) What would you change in your home theater system? better reciever and need a subwoofer

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? reciever

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain.

1 = doesn't matter as it'll probably in a corner or something

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
Amp/Receiver - Silver Onkyo TX-NR906
Speakers - All gloss black Def Tech; BP7006 mains, Mythos Three center, BP1.2x surrounds
Sub(s) - Only the integrated subs in the mains
Sources - Digital Cable, eGrat M34A NMT, and Xbox360 Elite and Arcade
AV furniture - Cherry wood Bello stupid heavy cabinet, Black Woodtech 36" stands for surrounds
Other - Black Pana 850Z plasma

2) What would you change in your home theater system? - Add a sub

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? - All the speakers

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain. - 1, function over form!

F

fastbal9

Audiophyte
Amp/Receiver - Denon 3508 / Silver
Speakers - 7.1 Paradigm Studio 100 / Maple
Sub(s) - SVS Ultra / Dual 12" Subs / Maple
Sources - Denon DVD / Silver, PS3, 57" Toshiba Rear Projection
AV furniture - Tower / Black with black glass
Other

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Room Treatment

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? New TV

10 - The wife demanded that all speaker components be maple finished

M

Mike8888

Audiophyte

1. Amp/Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR707 - Black
2. Speakers: Aperion Audio (Piano Black) 2x6T, 6C, 2x 5DB
3. Sub(s): Epik Empire - Black
4. Sources: Oppo BDP-83 (Black), Time Warner Cable HDDVR (Silver), HDTV Still pending purchase but currently use Black Toshiba 32" LCD HDTV won as a door prize (embarrassed), Old black JVC CD Changer that I've had since college but my wife wont let me get rid of because she knows how to use it well.
5. AV furniture: Cherry monstrosity cabinet purchased 8yrs ago that was not built to hold 16x9 TV's, but will not be replaced before the new TV is purchased.
6. Other: none

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Will purchase a new HDTV once I can make up my mind, add a 2nd Sub (someday), window and room treatments.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? New TV.

7 - It was not that important to me, but wife expressed some opinion which trumped my answering this question with a "1."

T

talannar

Junior Audioholic

1. Amp/Receiver - Rotel 1068 pre-amp (Silver) with Rotel 990BX (Black) and Rotel 1075 (Silver) amps.
2. Speakers - Ascend Acoustics CMT-340SE (L, R, C), CMT-170SE (RS, LS), HTM-200SE (Rear RS, Rear LS) All speakers are a matte black
3. Sub(s) - HSU VTF 3 MK2 (Matte black)
4. Sources - Toshiba HD-DVD player A-35 (Black), Oppo Blu-Ray player BDP-83 (Black), Motorola DCT-6412 DVR (Silver)
5. AV furniture - Home Built component stand (Pine wood stained mahogany), Home Built TV Stand (Birch stained to match the component stand), Ascend Acoustic Speaker Stands for L/R (Matte Black)
6. Other - Display is an Epson 6500UB projector (White) paired with a Carada Precision Classic Cinema White Screen (106")

2) What would you change in your home theater system?
I'd like to add another sub to the rear of the room.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system?
The subwoofer.

6. I wanted black speakers for my home theater, so as long as the blacks were close enough I would be happy with the color. My speakers are matte black and and I wanted my sub to be close to matching since the sub would not be hidden in the room and sits right next to my right speaker. A little research showed that the finish and texture of the Ascends and the HSU were similar and they sounded great together so that is what I decided on.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

arios39

Audiophyte
Amperion Giveaway

Contest Questions:
Aperion is celebrating 10 years of making high value home audio speaker systems. They’d like to get your input to help them continue to serve you and your audio needs.

Amp/Receiver - Marantz SR-5001
Speakers - jamo hcs5 a102
Sub(s) - jamo hcs5 a102
Sources - DVD player - Kodak HD Player
AV furniture
Other

2) What would you change in your home theater system? - All of it

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? - Speakers

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain. 10 - wife demands appeal and congruency in the home decor.

bartness19

Audiophyte

1. Amp/Receiver Denon AVR 890 Black
2. Speakers Aperion 533 VAC, 533-T, 422-LR
3. Sub(s) Aperion S-10 black
4. Sources Playstation 2 (black), Oppo HD DV-970HD DVD player (silver), Panasonic PT100AX projector (white), Comcast Motoralla cable box (silver)
5. AV furniture None
6. Other

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Buy home theater seating with motorized leg rests

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Upgrade to 1080 projector

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system?

As long as the subwoofer was gloss black and matched the speakers was my main concern. I did not really care if it matched the components.

flamingeye

flamingeye

Junior Audioholic
1) what are your home theater system components,including manufacturers and finishes/colors?
A. Amp/receiver = Emotiva IPS-1 and BPA-1 amps black with brushed aluminum trim finish and onkyo pr-sc5507 black finish
b. speakers = 4x klipsch kg 5.5 ,klipsch kv 4, 2x klipsch rf 15 all black finishes
c.sub(s) = av123 mfw-15 moho finish, diy 15inch sealed black finish
d. sources= technics sl-10 turntable silver finish, oppo bdp83 blu-ray player black finish ,dish tuner black finish ,52 inch rca hdtv silver finish
e. av furniture = diy flexy av rack black and stainless steal finish
f. other = 890 harmony remote
2) what would you change in you home theater system?
I would change /upgrade my HDTV and or my speakers
3)what would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system?
I would upgrade my HDTV first
4) when you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish/color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1-10
1 = dosen`t matter at all because it is usually out of site and sound and built quality is more important then anything else to me

A

arrt vandelay

Audioholic Intern
Amp/Receiver-yamaha rx v765/adcom gfa 7400-both black
Speakers-definitive technology-bp2004tls fronts, clr2002 center, bp10 surrounds-all black
Sub(s)-elemental designs a2-300-black
Sources-xbox 360-white, ps3-black, panasonic dmp bd60-black
AV furniture-some target cherry tv stand
Other-n/a

2) What would you change in your home theater system?- i'd have av racks that look less like furniture look that my wife likes better than the rack look.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system?-subwoofer

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1-Didn’t matter at all. Please explain.-sub is hidden in corner and is not visible so fit/finish do not matter

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Amp/Receiver
Marantz SR7400 Black

Speakers
Polk Monitor 40's Black finish L/R no surrounds atm or center.

Sub(s)
Polk PSW10 Black finish

Sources
Memorex MVD2047BLK DVD player
Ipod
Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HD cable box

AV furniture
Random end table used as table for Receiver and Components

Other
There is no other.

Larger display, Better sub, add center/surrounds add Blu-Ray player

Display

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain. 1, i could care less what it looks like, i want it to sound good.

D

darthjason

Enthusiast

1. Amp/Receiver
Yamaha RX-V1 -Black

2. Speakers
Infinity Alpha 50s, 25ES surrounds and 37c center - Black

3. Sub(s)
Axiom Audio EP500- Black

4. Sources
PS3, Yamaha 2500 DVD/SACD, Toshiba A2 all Black

5. AV furniture
Some mission style rack-

6. Other

The room. have a muddy center channel

Receiver.

5- I tend to lean towards black, it goes with everything and is not offensive to the spouse.

1hagop

Audioholic Intern
What are your home theater system components, including manufacturers and finishes / colors?
Amp/Receiver
Onkyo tx-nr5007 - Black
Speakers
Def Tech Mythos 8 LCR
Def Tech BP2X Center and Rear Surronds
Def Tech Mythos Gem Height
All Black

Sub(s)
3.2 ft^3 Sealed CSS SDX 15" - Custom Built Black box-Behringer EP2500
5 ft^3 Sealed CSS SDX 15" - Custom Built Sonotube Brown Suede - Behringer EP1500

Sources
PS3 120GB - Black

AV furniture
Ikea Lack AV support custom cut to fit and added height.
Other
NONE
4 - Aura Pro bass shakers with 240w Dayton Sub amp

Need acustical treatments for walls

Height Speakers

About a 5 at first. Did not matter to much however, now as I look at the room everyday I like the components to flow with the room, not stand out. That is why I built my second sub to match the couch. My tastes have chaged so now my rating would be 10.

B

Bull58

Audiophyte
Aperion Contest

1)Amp/Processor : Emotiva UMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Emotiva UPA-2
2) Speakers : L/R, Surrounds: Aperion 522D's Cherry, Center: Aperion 5C, Patio:Cambridge Audio Newton Outdoor 62
3) Sub(s) : Aperion Intimus S 10 Cherry
4) Sources : Marantz CC4001, Oppo DV-980H, Ipod, Comcast DVR
5) Other :Monoprice/Bluejean Cables, Panamax M4300-PM Samsung HLP4663W

2) What would you change in your home theater system? New TV

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? TV or Front speakers

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain. It was a 10, the sub isn't hidden and needs to match.

D

davehcyj

Audiophyte
1. Amp/Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR608
2. Speakers: Polk RTi A4 center, A1 (left and right), planned to have A9s replace the A1s and A1s go to surround All in Cherry
3. Sub(s): Emotiva Ultra 12, black
4. Sources: Low end 2010 samsung bluray player (with netflix), cable box, wii
5. AV furniture: used TV stand
6. Other: AM-15 center channel wall mount

2) What would you change in your home theater system? A dedicated room would be nice or at least a way to shut down the open doorways I have to my kitchen and open hallways.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Other than the planned A9 purchase, it would be nice to upgrade to a receiver with preouts and MultEQ

I would say 7. It isn't critical since the sub is stuffed in a corner away from the rest, but it would be really nice if it matched. There were no subs in the Emotiva Ultra 12's performance/price range I could get in a Cherry finish though, so I may end up refinishing it myself.

Whitey80

Whitey80

Senior Audioholic
Amp/Receiver - Pioneer Elite VSX 92TXh (black)
Speakers - Boston Acoustics VR960's, VR12, VR940's (all black)
Sub(s) - Dayton Titanic MKIII 15" (black)
Sources - Panasonic BD601, Xbox 360 (both black)
AV furniture - No name from big box furniture store (black leather and espresso finished wood)

Would really like to go with all VR12 center speakers on stands across the front L/C/R (it looks great and would hopefully have a very balanced sound)
See above
Pretty important since mine is front and center (9)

A

allargon

Audioholic General
To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence and 3) Answer the following questions in the thread below.

Contest Questions:
Aperion is celebrating 10 years of making high value home audio speaker systems. They’d like to get your input to help them continue to serve you and your audio needs.

• Amp/Receiver
  • Speakers
  • Sub(s)
  • Sources
  • AV furniture
  • Other

Note this contest ends on July 31st, 2010. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter.

Have fun and good luck!

Click here for eligibility and contest rules.
#1)
Harman Kardon AVR 247 - silver
Infinity Primus P362B's as main - black/silver
Infinity Primus PC250 as center - black/silver
Infinity ERS310 in-ceilings for surrounds screens painted to match ceiling
Dayton Titanic MKIII 15" as my sub - black
Mitsubish 57732 as my main display - black
Sources are Dish Vip622 - silver , Toshiba HD-A20 - black , LG BD370 - black, plus OTA, Monoprice HDMI switch - black
LACK Furniture by IKEA - black/brown

#2) I would upgrade to a better center, a projector or a plasma (larger) and add a media extender plus a Dish 722k or 922. I would probably bump up my BD (Oppo) and HD DVD (HD-XA2) players, too. Oh, and of course, I would go for a bigger sub.

#3) I would upgrade my center, first.

#4) 1 -- didn't matter at all

B

Brimstone

Audiophyte

1. Amp/Receiver: Denon AVR-1609 (Black)
2. Speakers: Energy Take Classic (Black)
3. Sub(s): Energy ESW-8 (Black)
4. Sources: PC (Black), Sony PS-2, Sanyo DVD with TVG (Silver)
5. AV furniture: Cheapo entertainment center (oak film on particle board)
6. Other: APC AV H10 Power Filter and Power Conditioner (Silver)

I would like higher fidelity speakers first of all. As well as a new HDTV.

First is going to be the TV, then next would be a larger set of mains and a more capable Sub.

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? (3) Finish that matches is a definite bonus but if the sub has superior performance and price and still meets the wife acceptance factor then it would be a fine choice.

C

Captainmorgan89

Audioholic

1. Amp/Receiver Emotiva LMC-1 & XPA-3 (Black)
2. Speakers Elemental Designs A6-6T6 and eD MTM Center (Black)
3. Sub(s) Dual Epik Knights (Black)
4. Sources PS3 (Black)
5. AV furniture Gramma Sound Isolation pads for subs (Gray-ish?)
6. Other

Nothing right now!

Front Speakers LCR

8 - I like the system to match, unless the sub is hidden. Just personal preference.

Thanks for the opportunity Aperion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis