Enter to Win: Aperion 10th Anniversary Home Theater System valued at $1999!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

slowlybuilt

Enthusiast
1) What are your home theater system components, including manufacturers and finishes / colors?

Amp/Receiver - Yamaha 665, matte Black

Speakers - Sapphire Audio ST1 (pair), Sapphire Audio SC2, Sapphire Audio SBS (pair), The Speaker Company dipoles (pair) all of my speakers are matte black.

Sub(s) - none, I don't have one yet.

Sources - home made HTPC, matte black and a Wii which is glossy white.

AV furniture - brown leather recliners and a brown couch.

Other[/LIST] - black wood center channel stand.

2) What would you change in your home theater system?

I would like to add a pair of subs, upgrade my towers and center channel, add separate amps, put a Ceton CableCard tuner in my HTPC and upgrade from my current 58" plasma to a 65" plasma.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system?

Either adding Ceton CableCard tuner or a subwoofer, I can't decide.

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain.

1 - I don't really care about the color of the subs, they are probably going to be out of sight anyway.

M

mjmchugh

Enthusiast
Aperion Contest

1) What are your home theater system components, including manufacturers and finishes / colors?

1. Amp/Receiver - Onkyo TSXR600
2. Speakers - HTD Level 3
3. Sub(s) - HTD Level 3
4. Sources - Cable, Sony Blu-Ray, Onkyo CD Player, iPod Doc
5. AV furniture - BTI Audio Stand, Wood Tech TV Stand
6. Other

A) Upgraded Receiver Probably to Onkyo TSXR708
B) Speaker System - Bought best I could on a budget and am planning a save campaign for upgrade

Receiver - need HDMI Switching, additional audio challenges like Dynamic volume etc, volume fluctuation seems worse than ever

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain.

10 - Spouse effect, My Sub Matches the set currently, it was important to my spouse, I generally try to make the sub "hide" a bit for aesthetics but due to size etc matching ties the system together nicely.
Thanks.

Mike

S

SRadner

Audiophyte
Aperion Contest

1. Amp/Receiver
Sony STR DG-920
Black
2. Speakers
Cambridge Soundworks Newton In-wall MC300IW (3x Front & Center)
Frames painted to match room trim, grills white
Cambridge Soundworks Ambiance 80 In-ceiling (4x Side and Rear)
Frames painted to match ceiling, grills white
3. Sub(s)
Soundmatters Substage 100
Black
4. Sources
HP Pavilion Elite d5200t / Windows7 Media Center / Dual ATI DCTs
External USB BluRay
5. AV furniture
CLO XArm Motorized Plasma mount
Custom AV rack in service closet
6. Other
Panasonic V10 display
Black
Home Theatre Master MX-800 remote and MRF 200 RF/IR repeater
Adessa RF wireless keyboard

Improved On Screen Display for amplifier, since it's racked I cannot see anything, would like OSD popups for volume / source / Dolby-DTS mode

Swap ATI DCTs for Ceton InfiniTV quad (but it's not out yet)
Upgrade HTM MX-800 to MX-5000 and MRX-1

1 - Didn't matter at all.
It's under the couch, I don't see it.
The entire room was designed to hide the system.
Matching speakers / TV to room decor was most important

A

aedumo

Audiophyte

Amp/Receiver - Sony STR-DN 1000 Black
Speakers - Kenwood MV-7 Black
Sub(s) - none, I don't have one yet.
Sources - PS3 Black

I would like to add a pair of speakers a center channel and if need be a sub.

Definitely the speakers, My kenwoods are in great condition but theyre big and old and need alot of power to drive them to their full potential.

Doesnt matter so much, unless they're not plaid or draped in velvet.

O

Ohmen

Audioholic
Amp/Receiver Yamaha RX-v2700 black
Speakers Axiom M60 mains, Axiom QS8 surrounds, Axiom VP150's (2) center's Black
Sub(s) Axiom EP350 black
Sources PS#,DISH Network HD DVR receiver,Oppo DVD, Roku, Pioneer Plasma TV, Music Hall turntable
AV furniture generic component stand Pine wood
Other

2) What would you change in your home theater system? I would like a seperate amp, I would like a better Subwoofer, I would like a Tube preamp for my turntable.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? First the preamp, second the component amp and finally a better subwoofer

7, I just like to have my speakers match but in the end the sub color is not super important.

G

GACrabill

Junior Audioholic
Amp/Receiver = Lexicon DC-1 ver.4 processor, Parasound HCA-2003 & HCA-806 amps
Speakers = NHT VT2 fronts & rears, NHT VS2a sides and center
Sub(s) = Velodyne HGS-15
Sources = Sony DVD player, Samsung 67" LED DLP
AV furniture = none
All components are black.

I need a good TV stand to hold 110 lbs of amplifiers and 4 other components ... in black.

TV / component stand

10 ... NHT speakers are gloss black and so is the Velodyne sub.

G

gonecatfishin

Audiophyte
Amp/Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR603 in black
Speakers: ()LR NHT ST-4 (CC) NHT SC-2 (SURR) NHT SB3
Sub(s): DIY dual 8"
Sources: Oppo DV-981
AV furniture: DIY
Other

3-way center channel

Center channel

(1) Subwoofers are better heard than seen, so not important at all.

H

HiRez1394

Junior Audioholic
Color of Home Theater System Components

a. Amp/Receiver: Integra DTC-9.8 surround sound processor and Emotiva Audio LPA-1 amplifier, both black.
b. Speakers: One Definitive Technology CLR2500 center channel speaker; Definitive Technology BP7002 speakers for the front L/R channels; two Definitive Technology BPX surround speakers; and one Definitive Technology BP2X surround speaker -- all black.
c. Sub(s): One black Elemental Designs A3-300 subwoofer.
d. Sources: Pioneer Elite DV-79AVi universal DVD player and Sony PlayStation 3, both black.
e. AV furniture: Black A/V rack of unknown manufacturer.
f. Other: Standard black Pioneer Elite KURO PRO-151FD HDTV.

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Upgrade my home theater to be 3D-capable, which means my HDTV, surround sound processor, and at least one of my source components – and probably all the 1.3 version HDMI interconnects involved -- would need to be upgraded.

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? One of my source components.

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain. I would go with an 8 to mean everything in my HT system had to be black to avoid any conspicuous color contrast (even though the black finishes vary among my Definitive Technology speakers and my Elemental Designs subwoofer).

M

mak99

Enthusiast

1. Amp/Receiver
Onkyo TX-SR805 (black)

2. Speakers
Front: Polk Audio RTi70 (cherry veneer); being replaced with Polk Audio RTi A7 (cherry veneer)
Center: Polk Audio CSi40 (black oak veneer)
Surround: Polk Audio RCi80 (factory white, in-ceiling)

3. Sub(s)
AV123 MFW-15 (cherry diamond gloss); Turbo kit forthcoming

4. Sources
Oppo BDP-83 (black)
Toshiba HD-XA2 (black)
Motorola/Comcast HD STB (black/silver)

5. AV furniture
Salamander Synergy Triple 20 (cherry/black)

6. Other
Oppo HM-31 HDMI switch (black)
Panamax M5410 Pro (black)

Replace current couch with home theater seating for four people; remove adjacent pool table for a second row of seating

Supplement Pioneer PRO-141FD (black) with a hi-end 1080p projector with motorized 100"+ screen

5 to 6. I prefer the look of cherry (medium to dark finish) for the main speakers, so when upgrading the sub earlier this year, the cherry finish won out over the black. However, it probably didn't matter as the sub is located behind the main seating positions (best location per sub crawl), and you cant really tell the speaker finish when the room is darkened for optimum viewing.

E

EJD

Junior Audioholic

1. Onkyo 805 - black
2. NHT - Super Ones (3), Super Zero (2) - black
3. SVS PC Ultra 13
4. Panasonic BDP35, Sony CA8ES, WDTV Live - all black
5. No furniture

2) What would you change in your home theater system? - Room Layout (if possible) + acoustic treatments

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? - Speakers

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color).

7 - Not as important at the moment since the sub is hidden, but very important when all become visible (someday). Went with the PCUltra due to the cloth finish being able to match with most speakers, regardless of their finish. This way I won't be limited when upgrading mains.

M

mkbourda

Audiophyte
Amp/Receiver: Denon 1910
Speakers: Axiom M3 main, Polk CS2i center, Cambridge Millenia surround
Sub(s): Yamaha SW314
Sources: Oppo 83 BDP and 46" Sharp Aquoos

Other

Subwoofer

The main front speakers

4 - wife likes the aesthetics better.

S

stephenwhitney

Audiophyte

1. Amp/Receiver: Sony STR DG810 black
2. Speakers: Epos ES 11 one black, one walnut; surrounds are Boston A40 black
3. Sub(s): Velodyne CT-80 black
4. Sources: Nakamichi DR-10 cassette deck black
Sony XDR F1HD AM/FM HD tuner black
Denon DVD-758 CD/SACD/DVD player black
Panasonic DMP BD605 BD/DVD player black
Panasonic DMR ES10 DVD recorder silver
TiVo HD black with silver
Panasonic Tau 30" HDTV (CRT) silver with black
5. AV furniture: Ikea unk model cherry veneer
6. Other: Sennheiser HD 600 headphones black

Replace receiver, add a compatible center channel speaker, get a modern TV; integrate HT system with audio system better so I can use the superior amps and speakers of the latter, use the Epos ES11s for rear channels, and use my turntable again, and use the HT rear channels with SACD.

TV--a 46" or 50" plasma would be nice. I don't think we'll jump into 3D any time soon, though.

1: I bought it used, sight unseen; aren't they all black anyway? I would prefer black as less conspicuous than wood, but could certainly accept wood or piano finish.

Last edited:
S

starkiller

Audiophyte
Questions:
Aperion is celebrating 10 years of making high value home audio speaker systems. They’d like to get your input to help them continue to serve you and your audio needs.

Amp/Receiver....Outlaw 950---black/Anthem AMP 2SE/Odyssey Stratos/Adcom Mono Amp---all black
Speakers Tannoy Saturn 8's---front/center/rears...black
Sub(s)Hsu...black
Sources Rega Planet CD player/Parasound Tuner/Sony ESD VCR
AV furniture
Other

2) What would you change in your home theater system?Amp/receiver

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system?Same

1---its behind the couch :)

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
What are your home theater system components, including manufacturers and finishes / colors?

Amp/Receiver - I have a really old Pioneer amp that I use. It has a good amount of hiss. Would love to replace it soon.

Speakers - I use a pair of Behringer 2030p's. I love them to death and they were an incredible deal.

Sub(s) - I have one Dayton Sub 120. It's pretty boomy, and doesn't play very low. It sounds like it doesn't do much below 40hrtz TBH.

Sources - My pc, with an EMU 1212m. Really good card.

AV furniture - I guess my bubble chair thing counts.

Well I would first change my monitors and get some room treatments.

Room treatments.

It matters not to me. I'm not really one for cosmetics. I care more about what I'm actually getting out of my equipment.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Amp/Receiver Denon 3802
Speakers B&G Radia Z3, B&W 602
Sub(s) JBL 12 ,Mirage 8
Sources Ipod Cablebox PS3
AV furniture none
Other

I would love to get a matched set
My sub

It really does not matter my wife does not care

J

jhanley

Junior Audioholic

1. Amp/Receiver - Denon 789 (black)
2. Speakers - Axiom: M80, VP150, QS8 (HG cherry)
3. Sub(s) - Axiom EP500 (HG cherry)
4. Sources - Panasonic BD55
5. AV furniture - Wood Technology Hardwood 44" TV Cabinet (Ebony)
6. Other - Logitech Squeezebox (black)

I would change out the furniture and add accoustic treatments.​

The first thing would be an additional sub to even out the bass.​

It was a 9/10. This is also our living room and I wanted the pieces to match and blend into the hardwood floor.​

R

rockadanny

Audiophyte
And the winner is ... ME!

Amp/Receiver - Audio Mirror 45 Watt SET monos - black/silver/gold
Speakers - Egglestonworks Fontaines - black
Sub(s) - ACI Titans - black and black/rosewood
Sources - Opera Audio Consonance Reference 2.2
AV furniture - none
Other - Mapletree Audio 2A SE pre - red/black

speakers

speakers

10 - had to match

S

stevebremer

Audiophyte
Modest, but gets the job done...

1. Amp/Receiver - Pioneer Elite sc-05
2. Speakers - Athena AS-B2 (x4)
3. Sub(s) - BIC Acoustech H-100
4. Sources - LG BD390; Xbox360; FiOS cable box; PC w/HDMI out; Vizio SV421XVT

I would add better PC integration, perhaps build a dedicated HTPC, and also add a giant, 4TB NAS.

Speakers, absolutely.

Not terribly important, perhaps a 5. I thought (correctly) that my sub would end up in a pretty secluded place anyway, and even if it did end up as more of a coffee table of sorts, so durability and hide-ability were more important than finish.

A

AVJedi

Audioholic Intern

1. Amp/Receiver - Yamaha YHT-270 HTiB 650W 5.1 silver finish
2. Speakers - Yamaha YHT-270 HTiB speakers 3 1/4" woof., 3/4" tweet. silver finish
3. Sub(s) - Yamaha YHT-270 HTiB 6 1/2" 100w Sub silver finish
4. Sources - Toshiba DVD, black; DishNetwork Sat./DVR, black ;RCA VCR, black; Nintendo Wii, white
5. AV furniture - O'Sullivan Entertainment credenza and audio piers - oak
6. Other - 27" RCA SDTV w/only composite. :(

2) What would you change in your home theater system? Everything, except the AV furniture, for now, but that could go too. Aren't divorces fun? You loose all your toys. :mad:

3) What would you upgrade 1st in your home theater system? Probably the TV. Need to go HD. 50+" plasma or LED LCD.

4) When you chose your speaker system, how important was it that the subwoofer finish color matched the rest of your system? Scale: 1–10 (1= Didn’t matter at all, 10 = Had to match finish color). Please explain. - I will say 5. Right in the middle, the sub doesn't have to match in my case, because it's location is out of the way and not very noticeable. But being an artsy-type, I do like things to match, and I think it makes it look a little more complete if the sub is a prominent feature in your room. Depends on one's situation and room.

D

dragon875

Enthusiast

1. Amp/Receiver: Denon 3808CI 910w (7 x 130w) 7.1 (Black Finish)
2. Speakers: RBH 2x TK-5CT, 2x TK-5C, 1x TK-515C (Rosewood Finish)
3. Sub(s) - Polk Audio PSW505 12-inch (460w peak 300w continuous) Sub (Black Finish) :(
4. Sources: Sony BDP-S350 (Black Finish), Custom Built HTPC (Black Finish), Xbox 360 (White Finish), Nintendo Wii (White Finish)
5. AV furniture: 2x SP Series: 30" Steel Pillar Speaker Stands, 2x Leslie Dame 612 Series Multimedia Storage Rack (Cherry Finish)
6. Other: 42" Toshiba HDTV 42hl167.

- The location of my home theater as it is currently my living room. I would love to make a dedicated home theater room.

- The subwoofer, easily. I love to have my movies shake the walls.

- 10 now. My subwoofer currently does not match my system and it sits in plain view. Since I have to look at it all of the time, I wish it matched my speaker finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis