Enter to Win an Outlaw LFM-1EX Subwoofer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

berkdawg

Audiophyte
Questions:
1) Out of 100%, please assign a percentage to the factors that most heavily influence your purchase decisions?
Performance -60%
Price - 20%
Brand Reputation - 10%
Professional Reviews - 10%

2) When it comes to your home theater, which component provides the best access to "streaming" content and why? Be sure to provide the make and model of your go-to "streaming" device.
We are only streaming music from the Ipod Touch

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why?

Continue the Outlaw performance and quality into wireless outdoor speakers.

H

homerossi

Audiophyte
Win!

1) Performance= 50%
Price= 25%
Professional Reviews= 25%

2) XBox 360

3) AV Processor with Audyssey MultEQ XT32 (versus reselling Marantz)

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
Questions:
1) Out of 100%, please assign a percentage to the factors that most heavily influence your purchase decisions?

Performance 40%
Price 20%
Aesthetics 5%
Brand Reputation 10%
Discounts and Promotions 5%
Professional Reviews 5%
Personal Recommendations 5%
Other (please describe) 10% 3rd party measurements

2) When it comes to your home theater, which component provides the best access to "streaming" content and why? Be sure to provide the make and model of your go-to "streaming" device.

my gaming system: Xbox 360 the interface and controller are simple and easy and anyone in the house can use it

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw?none Why?it's better to be great at a few things rather than mediocre at a lot things. I would just focus on maintaining the current level of quality and value in the current Outlaw Audio product line up.

Last edited by a moderator:
defmoot

defmoot

Audioholic

Performance 65%
Price 20%
Aesthetics 5%
Brand Reputation 10%

None, I prefer the shiny round stuff (for now, because my 670 is nothing but trouble...). I'm looking at a new player, and Roku/Apple TV, possibly.

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw?

Sealed 12" sub. That might be nice.

blownrx7

blownrx7

Audioholic
30 Performance
30 Price
10 Aesthetics
5 Brand Reputation
5 Discounts and Promotions
10 Professional Reviews
10 Personal Recommendations
Other (please describe)

None, I prefer the shiny round stuff - that will change eventually but while the sota is in flux, I'll stay with the old tech...

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why?
A no holds barred stereo preamp because even though it will be sota, I expect Outlaw to provide it at a reasonable (relatively speaking) price.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Price 60% (If I can't afford it, I cannot have it. This is a value evaluation, Price vs Performance of branded stuff is pushing me towards DIY and Pro Audio gear.)
Performance in Pro Reviews 30% (I can't measure performance, for me they're synonymous. I might push the budget by 15-20% if the huge performance gains are achieved.)
Aesthetics 20% (Be gone Duramat finish :).)
Other 10% (Brand, Forum feedback, Sales/Discounts and everything else rolled into one.)

my gaming system Sony PS3

975 Mk2 (with ARC or PEQ on individual channels, better overlay, more HDMI inputs, networking, etc.). The missing features make the 975 a budget receiver (minus the amps) at the price of a mid level receiver. So why should someone get the 975 when they have to put in additional $500-1000 for a 5 or 7 channel amp.

Last edited:
S

Seize

Audioholic Intern
Questions:

• Performance 30%
  • Price 10%
  • Aesthetics 10%
  • Brand Reputation 20%
  • Discounts and Promotions 5
  • Professional Reviews 15
  • Personal Recommendations 10
  • Other (please describe) N/A

• my smart TV
  • my Blu-ray Player
  • my gaming system
  • my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.)
  • other
  • None, I prefer the shiny round stuff
I use a Playstation 3 to stream Netflix because it supports HD and does 5.1 audio with certain movies.

The only thing I could think of right now is probably a preamp. A nice, budget minded one that would compete with others slightly above it's price point.
My answers are in red and bolded in the text above.

N

nevans87

Audiophyte
Questions:
Performance 40%
Price 15%
Aesthetics 15%
Brand Reputation 15%
Discounts and Promotions 0%
Professional Reviews 10%
Other (please describe) 0%

I generally do not stream any movies as I prefer Blu-ray quality to get the most out of my tv. However, if I am streaming it is likely tv shows via Netflix. I currently do this on a PS3, but will be upgrading in the next several months to an Oppo BDP-105 Blu-ray player and getting a Roku stick for it so that will be my go to option with the Oppo's Netflix app and the Roku for HBOGO.

An AVR. I'm always interested in the latest receiver offerings so a high quality option with an affordable price is always welcome.

B

bluelightning

Enthusiast
Questions:

Performance - 20%
Price - 20%
Aesthetics - 15%
Brand Reputation -15%
Discounts and Promotions - 0%
Professional Reviews - 15%
Personal Recommendations -0%
Other (please describe) -15%
Third party or reputed professional measurements heavily weigh in to my decision for purchasing equipment. I do not buy equipment without measurements of some form or the other. After that price to performance and reputation play a huge role in purchase decisions.

my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.)
other
None, I prefer the shiny round stuff

I have two devices that I enjoy for streaming
1) Netgear NTV 550 - I use this for streaming all my blu-ray HD /multichannel music on my file server. Somewhat buggy but I am not sure the alternatives are that much better.
2) Roku - I use this for streaming all other materials from the internet.

I am not very aware of outlaw products in general, you can call that my ignorance I guess. From your website; it looks like you already have an extensive list of products. I would focus on improving your existing products.
For your subwoofer you could consider offering and beefier amp and/or driver.
Another thought might be a sealed subwoofer with a 15"/18" driver . I don't really see any options for a 18" sealed from most ID companies and is one place you could capture some market share
A high power subwoofer plate amplifier might be another option.
Given the question on streaming devices: I am still looking for a good streaming device that will handle everything gracefully and be stable as well, but apparently that device does not exist yet. That is something that would be of interest, but requires significant investment.

hk2000

hk2000

Junior Audioholic

Performance 40%
Price 20%
Aesthetics 15%
Brand Reputation 15%
Professional Reviews 10%
Personal Recommendations 0%

Home Theater PC- Home built relatively cheap, expandable and offers all streaming options, Live TV, DVR AND access to all my other PCs' content.

I guess the only thing I would consider right now is an affordable stereo receiver with a few digital inputs (both coaxial and optical) just because I happen to be looking for one right now and I know Outlaw makes great components.

K

kmpurc56

Audiophyte
Shake, rattle & slam

Performance 40%
Price 40%
Aesthetics 0%
Brand Reputation 10%
Professional Reviews 10%

Currently I'm building my home theater. I would like my next streaming source to be a universal Blu-ray player such as the Oppo BDP 103.

I would like to see Outlaw come out with it's own receiver. I think they could come up with a very solid and competitive product. Another area would be a universal Blue-ray player.

V

Vart

Audioholic

Performance 50%
Price 29%
Aesthetics 1%
Brand Reputation 10%
Discounts and Promotions 5%
Professional Reviews 5%

I currently use a Panasonic Blu-Ray player, but I think the best device for streaming would be a dedicated HTPC.

Home theater receivers. Need more quality receiver choices at reasonable prices.

M

mtrot

Senior Audioholic
Questions:

Performance 65%
Price 20%
Aesthetics
Brand Reputation 10%
Discounts and Promotions
Professional Reviews 5%
Personal Recommendations
Other (please describe)

my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player-Panasonic 210
my gaming system
other

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why?d

Big-a$$ tower speaker--because I am a sucker for them!

J

jrsellick

Audiophyte

Performance 50%
Price 20%
Aesthetics 10%
Brand Reputation 10%
Professional Reviews 10%

my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system Wii
other Computer

3) What new product or product category would you most like to see offered by Outlaw? Why? A receiver again. I am limited by space.

U

uncola

Enthusiast
Questions:
Performance 30%
Price 10%
Aesthetics 0%
Brand Reputation 10%
Professional Reviews 20%
Personal Recommendations 30%
Other (please describe)
other - home theater pc - a mac mini running windows 7
Small sealed sub for small rooms or cabinets in small rooms.. seems like an underserved market except for cheap, bad brands

Z

zilla

Junior Audioholic
Questions:
Performance 40%
Price 30%
Aesthetics 0
Brand Reputation 20%
Discounts and Promotions0
Professional Reviews 10%
Personal Recommendations0
Other (please describe)0
my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
other: my phone

I like their current line. No need to add to it.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Performance 30%
Price 20%
Aesthetics 10%
Brand Reputation 15%
Discounts and Promotions 10%
Professional Reviews 10%

An AV receiver. More competition and more choices never hurt.

R

rext81

Enthusiast

Performance 50%
Price 20%
Aesthetics 5%
Brand Reputation 10%
Discounts and Promotions
Professional Reviews 10%
Other (please describe)
Responses above.

my smart TV
my Blu-ray Player
my gaming system
other
Sony PS3. It does everything fairly quickly. I like the simplicity of having everything I need contained in one device.

Class D amps for desktop usage. WAF factors prevent getting huge amps. :D

H

Harrison20

Enthusiast
Questions

[*]Performance 40%

[*]Price 30%

[*]Aesthetics 30%

[*]Brand Reputation
[*]Discounts and Promotions
[*]Professional Reviews
[*]Personal Recommendations
[*]Other (please describe)[/LIST]

my smart TV

[*]my Blu-ray Player

[*]my gaming system My PS3

[*]my stand alone streaming device (Apple TV, Roku, etc.) and my roku

[*]other
[*]None, I prefer the shiny round stuff

I would agree that an AVR would be an outstanding addition

D

dgkirkman

Enthusiast
contest

Questions:

Performance;70%

Price
Aesthetics

Brand Reputation;30%

Discounts and Promotions
Professional Reviews
Personal Recommendations
Other (please describe)

my smart TV; ********
my Blu-ray Player ; ******

my gaming system
other

New AVR looking to upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis