Audiophyte
What I got for Christmas is 50" Panasonic Plasma TV

What I wanted:

Denon's Latest A/V receiver AVR-4806 or AVR-4306

D

dburchet

Audioholic Intern
What I received for christmas.
1.) An XBOX 360, 4 controllers, and 7 games.
2.) Pioneer VSX-815-S

The main thing I asked for was the receiver so I could start putting together my first Home Audio system.

Highgear

Highgear

Audioholic Intern
I was lucky this Christmas. My wifes gift to me....and the kids was a Panasonic TH42PX5OU plasma. What a giant step from our old Sony 27" XBR! Now what I really need to get to have the max home theater is an upconverting DVD player like the OPPO or Panasonic DVD-S97S. I'm not sure if I can wait for OPPO to come out with the HDMI version in March. So, the Panny may be my next investment. I will need cables when this happens though. :)

Tom Andry said:
The Impact AcousticsTeam would really like to make your holiday addition to your A/V rig play with all the performance possible. To that end, we'd like to hook up your new components with Impact Acoustics cables. One random winner will be selected from folks discussing the topic described below, and that lucky Audioholic will win up to $500 of Impact Acoustics products to help them install their new gear. No limitations, no exceptions, no excuses. You pick what you need, we'll send it to you. Up to a $500 MSRP value!

To be eligible to win, you must: 1) Be a registered Audioholics forum member, 2) Have USA Residence 3) Answer the following question in this contest thread.

Contest Question: What audio/video or home theater products did you get for Christmas? What products did you really want, that Santa didn't bring?

Note this contest ends on January 30th, 2006. Winners will be drawn shortly thereafter

Have fun and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Aviator

Audiophyte
Well santa brought me an 200GB external hard drive to expand my music collection onto.

What he didn't bring was an Onkyo TX-SR503. :(

I'm going to be getting this base reciever I think to begin building my system capable of handling my beloved music, almost all is high bitrate digital from my computer, movies, and xBox.

It's nice to find a forum of other fellows, or ladies, who have experience and are willing to share their good advice with a newbie!

gixxerific

gixxerific

Audioholic
Santa (well if you call me Santa) brought me a Denon 2106 to finally get me out of the stone age and into the surround age. Sure my 15+ year old Onkyo was still kicking butt but no surround. :cool:

I am currently looking into replacing my (dare I say:eek: ) 25+ year 2 way Kennwoods my parents got me for cristmas so long ago. they are still kicking but.............! I figured I have spent more than enough on high end car audio for the past 10 - 15 years it's time to start on the HT arena.

R

Rtstrider

Junior Audioholic
Well I got what I wanted which were new speakers for my ht system in my room...I got the BIC Acoustech minus the sub.

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
Santa brings me a Sony

Santa brought me a Olevia 20" tv and the HK AVR235 came a lil' bit late. I guess he was busy delivering all the heavy subs to others. One thing he forgot, though, i asked for a 30" plasma TV not the 20". Lol, but i can live with that. Now I need cables to hook up the AVR to all my 7 HK speakers. :p

R

Robert Miller

Audiophyte
Orb Audio speakers and Yamaha 5860.
Did not get cables or speaker wire!
Robert

P

ptabib

Audioholic Intern
I didn't get any a/v stuff this year. But would of liked a new sub.

M

myzzy

Audiophyte
Contest Question: What audio/video or home theater products did you get for Christmas? What products did you really want, that Santa didn't bring?

He brought me a nice ipod but i really wanted a stereo system for the house but maybe next year he will bring it since i was a bit naughty this year

J

jacobms1

Enthusiast
contest entry

I was fortunate enough to convince Santa I needed a new Harmony 880 remote. Unfortunately Santa forgot to drop off the new Denon 4306 I wanted to go along with it. I'm guessing it just got stuck in his sack and that he'll be dropping it off soon!

S

susan1215

Audiophyte
I got some DVD's. I wanted an XBox but suprise suprise I wasn't the only one and there weren't enough out there for all of us to buy.

R

riceaterslc

Audioholic
Definitive Technology C/L/R 2002, but i had to buy it myself :)
wanted an infocus projector, going to keep dreaming for now..

S

ScottMayo

Audioholic
I got a VMPS Larger subwoofer, and a pair of VMPS RM-30s for surround speakers. And some NuForce amps...

Music happens here, oh yes it does. :)

bobbydigital

bobbydigital

Junior Audioholic
Santa gave me a Yamaha rx-v1500 . I also wanted a sirius sat radio reciever but Santa spent too much money on holiday booze.

blownrx7

blownrx7

Audioholic
What audio/video or home theater products did you get for Christmas? What products did you really want, that Santa didn't bring?

Whait I got:
Movies

What I want:
Surround speakers

B

briggek8717

Audioholic Intern
What I got:
Just a couple DVD's

What I didn't get:
XBox 360

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I got my new sub :D Also managed to use a gift card to finally pick up Porcupine Tree In Absentia. What I didn't get that I'd like: Outlaw ICBM and all the cabling I'll need for it :)

mlbillow

mlbillow

Audioholic Intern
I didn't new any new gear for the home thater, but did get some movies and some DVD cases. I was hoping to get a 2nd Harmony 880 remote for the living room since everyone loves the 880 I have in the home theater.

I do have some gift cards that I might use to get some home theater related equipment, just not sure of what yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis