Enter to Win: $500 of cables from Impact Acoustics

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smketr_47

Audiophyte
Nothing!

Just before Christmas I bought "The Family":eek: A Home Theater projector with plans of renovating the basement. I dropped a few hints for a modest audio system and nothing:confused:. I mean I'm going to put in all this work for
"The Family" and you would think they would atleast want A sound system but no. I guess I'm going to have to get it myself. But I will need some cables to hook it up.:D

B

bsk116

Audioholic Intern
Santa brought me an Onkyo txsr703 a/v receiver, what a huge improvement over the H/K avr 335 I was using. What I did not get from santa was a new lcd tv but thats ok because the onkyo more than makes up for it.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
I got nine video games and 3 DVD's that i wanted.

What i didn't get? A PS3...but that's Sony's fault :)

Bryce_H

Bryce_H

Senior Audioholic
Just got a couple of DVDs and SACDs. Not much in terms of new gear since I have been building (and buying gear for) the dedicated HT all year. oh, well.

E

ebrius

Enthusiast
A couple of S-Video cables and a new sound card so I could hook my computer into my receiver with a digital connection

chriscmore

chriscmore

Junior Audioholic
Not traditionally thought of as an audio/video component, but Santa brought me (or more accurately, (s)he allowed me to buy) a video game console that certainly defines a new high-rez experience. The Xbox 360, with everything being in surround, widescreen and 720p, is simply stunning. No, the games aren't really much any better or different, but the experience is revolutionary on an appropriate system. Like the story and screenplay of the new King Kong is arguably better than the original, the technical gains make it a far more involving an experience (nostalgia aside).

So the music industry balked at offering high-rez surround media, they were then suprised to find their market move to (relatively) high-rez surround DVDs, and they will no doubt be again shocked to find more of their market move to high-rez surround gaming. The question is how small they have to get to get the point.

Chris

P

Packk01

Audioholic Intern
Nothing specifically for AV

but...I did get a media center PC from which I intend to stream video to my TV so I guess I did get AV equipment. Those cables sure could help..;-P

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
The real boss of the household got a new DVD player for her craft room. I got bupkis. :( But what I wanted was a new Denon 3805 and/or a nice set of ACI speakers. If wishes were horses then beggars might ride........

T

tedcole

Audiophyte
I didn't get any! I'd like to get a Martin Logan Descent.

F

flognam

Audiophyte
christmas wish list

at my house this year we always concentrate more on the little kids instead of the big kids(adults). so i will have to wait to get my front projection tv and screen. really interested in the sony "ruby" which i think would make a great addition to my theatre room.

X

xtremeclmb

Audiophyte
I actually sold my Onkyo SP1000. So technically I lost something. But there should be a 79avi and Scaler enroute.

L

louhamilton

Audioholic Intern
Santa was pretty good to me this year. I got what I asked for. I got an Oppo upconverting DVD player and new Polk fronts and center speaker. As well as some CD's, DVD's, and DVD-A's.

What I didn't get but would have loved would have been an SVS sub and some separates to replace my old POS Sony receiver.

Maybe the after-Christmas elf will be kind enough and I will get $500 worth of Impact Acoustics cables to connect this new gear!

-Lou

Last edited:
M

mbaylor

Junior Audioholic
I got several DVDs.

What did I really want. A nice new projector for my new theater room that is currently under construction.

P

PSU80

Junior Audioholic
I got an SVS 25-31 PCi Plus and a SPL meter. Santa forgot the new main speakers.

P

phiba

Audiophyte
I bought myself a McIntosh MC275 tube stereo amplifier to go with my Audible Illusions preamp and B&W speakers. Now all I need are some good speaker cables.

M

MisoSoup

Audiophyte
Santa Brought me a JVC 56FH96 HD-ILA TV! :D Now all I need is:

1) New Sub Amp
2) New long interconnect cables for the above
3) an Oppo Digital DVD player

oh and maybe 4) an HDMI switching receiver...

Never can wish for too much.

J

jrfuda

Audioholic Intern
I received an inexpensive mp3 player. I had anpohter Sony DVP-CX777ES on the ole' wish list (would be my second) but Santa did not come through - but I do have a birthday coming up soon!

majorloser

majorloser

Santa was a cheap b@$t@rd this year:mad:

Says I spent too much money on myself............

What I want is a new HSU VTF-3HO with turbo
or
SVS PB12-Ultra 2

Senior Audioholic
Contest Question: What audio/video or home theater products did you get for Christmas? What products did you really want, that Santa didn't bring?

Santa didn't bring me anything for the HTS... I would have liked to get one of them stand alone streaming media players so I can get rid of the PC in the living room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis