EMP E5Ti Impression Series Speakers - Unbelievable Value

C

copperfox

Audioholic Intern
Other than the Impression towers and center, my setup is pretty mediocre. Powering them with an Onkyo TX-SR504. The rears are Insignia bookshelfs, and I'm crossing over at 80hz to a Polk PSW10.

It sounds really damn good. That is all.
Do tell more! I also have a 10" sub and I'm considering buying the TX-SR507 sometime in the near future. Since your setup seems close to mine, I'm especially curious how they sound to you.

From what source did you order and how many days did it take between ordering and receiving?

N

nrp

Audiophyte
Do tell more! I also have a 10" sub and I'm considering buying the TX-SR507 sometime in the near future. Since your setup seems close to mine, I'm especially curious how they sound to you.

From what source did you order and how many days did it take between ordering and receiving?
I ordered from Audioholics on Friday. It shipped out of Utah on Tuesday (due to Labor Day), and reached me in CA today.

I have basically nothing to compare the sound to, just that they sound much better than what I was using before.

There was quite a significant difference between setting them as Small or Large on the receiver. My sub isn't great, so letting the towers handle more of the bass sounded cleaner.

G

gpzbc

Audioholic Intern
I was interested in the bookshelf units and a center....the bookshelf unit is 10lbs and the 5-C center is 19 inches long and 11 lbs....I realize boat anchors are heavy and produce poor sound, but really.....these must have a very small magnetic structure... decent empty speaker enclosures weigh that much or more.....
This thought crossed my mind too.

picture_shooter

picture_shooter

Full Audioholic
I ordered from Audioholics on Friday. It shipped out of Utah on Tuesday (due to Labor Day), and reached me in CA today.

I have basically nothing to compare the sound to, just that they sound much better than what I was using before.

There was quite a significant difference between setting them as Small or Large on the receiver. My sub isn't great, so letting the towers handle more of the bass sounded cleaner.
Comm'on more details please? Like music , movies, what speakers you are comparing them to? How is the cabinet quality ect...ect... :)

Thanks

G

gpzbc

Audioholic Intern

What type of sub do you have? I'm surprised to hear that the EMP towers handle the bass better than your sub.

N

nsahoo

Audiophyte
How do you mount such a bookshelf speaker? Or do you just use a stand?

Last edited:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
RBH needs to acquire an internet store front. It is almost 2010, there's no excuse.
RBH can not sell their products online, else their dealers will call and whine about it. Some of them were quite upset when RBH temporarily substituted the EMP EF30 towers with RBH TK towers when the Audioholics store sold out of them.

F

fredk

Audioholic General
RBH can not sell their products online, else their dealers will call and whine about it.
Then they need to support their dealers better. Tried my damndest to get a hold of the tk towers (before EMP and the AH store) and it was like either they or I did not exist.

majorloser

majorloser

Then they need to support their dealers better. Tried my damndest to get a hold of the tk towers (before EMP and the AH store) and it was like either they or I did not exist.
I agree. It's damn tough getting a hold of RBH products when there's no local dealers around. I ran into the same problem with Canton speakers for many years. But it's the same with many of the high-end audio companies. You can only purchase their items through authorized dealers, which most are custom installers.

But at least for RBH they started a new company just to release items to the internet and not be held to their dealer contracts. Enter EMP :cool:

L

Lodrin

Audiophyte
There's no reason they can't get an authorized internet dealer. Dealers who call to complain and/or can't adapt to the future need to be phased out.

F

fredk

Audioholic General
But at least for RBH they started a new company just to release items to the internet and not be held to their dealer contracts. Enter EMP :cool:
And that makes a lot of sense since its a very differnent market from the High end installer niche. In the end, I found another company that had something I wanted and was focused on my segment.

Its cool to see RBH pushing into the lower end though. Its just one more quality company pushing the market. We all win in the end.

F

fredk

Audioholic General
Thats a good question. Hopefully Audioholics will do some sort of full review on a pair of these.

The original RBH TK5 (or something like that) did very well against the similarly priced Axiom M60 in a review here a while back, displacing the M60 in one of the reference systems.

C

copperfox

Audioholic Intern
I received tracking numbers in an email today (I ordered from the EMPtek website). They should arrive on Wednesday the 16th! :cool:

O

ophiacus

Enthusiast
I took the plunge!! (fingers crossed)

After studying Aperion, Axiom, Swan, Klipsch, PSB, Polk, Premier Acoustics, and several others (all blurring together now) I took the plunge on the EMP Impression speakers (5.1 pkg with 10in sub). I'm slightly concerned about the output of the 10in sub but will swap with the 12IN Velodyne I have upstairs if necessary. I'm powering the EMP set with a Pioneer Elite SC25. I hope I've made a good decision considering the lack of thorough (professional or user for that matter) reviews. These will be going into a dedicated home theater where they'll see mostly movies. My room is approx 12x17 with a InFocus X10 DLP projector @ 106in.

A

audioholic212

Audioholic
I heard the most recent AVRant (by Tom Andry) and it looks like for the money, these speakers according to Tom are the best ones. He, if I remember it right, said, that they are by far the best looking speakers he has seen. I think he was fairly impressed with the performance of these speakers.

A

AH Store Admin1

Banned
Introductory Sale ends Thursday

FYI - the introductory sale on the EMP Impression Speakers will expire Thursday 9/17 at noon EST as these are simply selling out too quickly at current prices.

A

AH Store Admin1

Banned
UPDATE: EMP Impression Sale Extended

UPDATE: I just heard from EMP that the introductory sale on the EMP Impression Speakers will NOT be ending tomorrow. This is great news for anyone considering these speakers that would like to hear some more "impressions" before pulling the trigger.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis