EMP E5Ti Impression Series Speakers - Unbelievable Value

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
The Impression line is, without a doubt, some of the best looking speakers to come out of the EMP/RBH camp in our opinion. Offered in gloss black or gloss red burl, the finish of the speakers is stunning. We were further floored when we learned that the list price of the E5Ti's would be $730 with an introductory price OF JUST $400. Yes, that is NOT a typo. At that price we fully expect the EMP Impression E5Ti Tower speakers to leave burn marks as they literally fly off the shelves.

Discuss "EMP E5Ti Impression Series Speakers - Unbelievable Value" here. Read the article.

Biggiesized

Biggiesized

Senior Audioholic
I'm totally looking forward to your review now! $400/pair sounds craaaaazy!

Soundman

Soundman

Audioholic Field Marshall
I don't really need a pair of these. I was, however, going to be looking for something around the 1st of the year for another system. I may go ahead and jump on this even though money is tight and I wasn't planning on doing this right now. :)

N

Nuance AH

Audioholic General
I don't mean to be rude, but there's a small typo in the conclusion of the link. It says pure shook instead of shock.

As noted in the other thread, the price really is shocking, and if the performance equals that then it's a double whammy. I look forward to more impressions.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i've been looking for an affordable pair of bookshelves that had gloss wood finish! i assume the emailed price on the bookshelves isn't a typo as well!? :D

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
This is an introductory price (dealer cost) they are offering to flood the market with fan boys :) I don't expect it will last long else nobody will make any money :eek:

ivseenbetter

ivseenbetter

Senior Audioholic
I don't really need a pair of these. I was, however, going to be looking for something around the 1st of the year for another system. I may go ahead and jump on this even though money is tight and I wasn't planning on doing this right now. :)
I think this is the point for their aggressive pricing in a weak economy. How many others besides soundman are now thinking of jumping on these to cash in on this deal. I think EMP is on to something with this strategy.

K

Kealo

Audiophyte
EMP Special

I've been looking for a pair of good bookshelf and was contemplating the Usher S520s but for the same price, you're telling me I can get a tower?

So, how do they sound?

S

sheedoe

Audiophyte
I bought the RBH TK-5CT speakers based on Tom's review and absolutely love them. I wonder how they would compare to these EMP speakers.

K

kevon27

Annoying Poster
These speakers look very pretty. But how do they perform? From the specs, they don't look like they can produce good bass.
I may upgrade my Polk t90e's (monitor 60's) with new front towers. TSC's towers are the front runners, mostly the TST3 or TST2.
Audioholics need to get a review done on the TST3.

A

autoboy

Audioholic
A full 5.0 system with towers for $775. Or with 10" sub $1075. WOW! And they look a whole lot better than my Axioms. Wonder how they sound?

K

kevon27

Annoying Poster
Ok. Take away these Emp speakers beauty and just look at the performance. These Emp speakers vs the TSC tst2.
Which to buy?

S

smitty78

Audioholic Intern
Ok. Take away these Emp speakers beauty and just look at the performance. These Emp speakers vs the TSC tst2.
Which to buy?
Does the side firing woofers on the TSC's take away the need for a sub, particularly in the HT department?

D

Dsav101

Audioholic Intern
Does the side firing woofers on the TSC's take away the need for a sub, particularly in the HT department?
I just received the ones I ordered at the beginning of this week so they are not broken in but I would say no. They sound ok without a sub, but sound really good with a subwoofer in this newbs ears :) I actually think what the TST2's are lacking is more low end, but the top end sounds pretty clean to me. However, I have a very untrained ear! Hope this post helps.

Don

W

wickedjawsh

Audiophyte
I've been pushing out buying new fronts to add to my 5.1 SBS-01 system for quite a while and rotate the SBS-01 fronts to replace the current HTIB rears. I've been wanting to get a pair of MTS-01's, but the price ($1600 shipped) is a little prohibitive right now.

Your "BUY NOW!!1!!" recommendation got to me. :p $400 for the EMP Impressions should be a nice improvement over what I have now and the glossy black will match my entertainment center... increasing the WAF by 250%. ;)

I'll let you all know how they are,

-Josh

GirgleMirt

GirgleMirt

Audioholic
These speakers look very pretty. But how do they perform? From the specs, they don't look like they can produce good bass.
I may upgrade my Polk t90e's (monitor 60's) with new front towers. TSC's towers are the front runners, mostly the TST3 or TST2.
Audioholics need to get a review done on the TST3.
What spec tells you they can't produce good bass?

The specs in relation to bass would be these:

• Dual 6½ " (203mm) Poly-matrix Woofers
• Frequency Response 50Hz-20kHz ±3dB
• Crossover Frequency 120 Hz/ 3,000 Hz

I don't see anything here pointing out that they can't produce good bass. Hell, they have two 6.5 inches bass drivers, not tuned too low (50hz ±3dB), so why would they not produce good bass? Maybe you mean low bass, and I'd have to agree, but the bass it produces shouldn't be too bad... I'd hope...

Surely I don't need new speakers, but I'd probably have ordered a pair were I not in Canada, see how they do :) How much would shipping have been around?

Why so short?
So short? 35.5 is usual height, same as Axiom's m50 and countless others, bit short, but still usual. These are 30 inches tall ;)

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis