Emotive XMC-1 is coming

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Not sure I want it, but it does offer some good features

1 dual hdmi out
hdmi 2.0
8 hdmi inputs

Free shipping in USA. 30-day in-home trials.
Email not displaying correctly?

AMPLIFIERS
PRES & PROS
SOURCES
SPEAKERS
INTERCONNECTS
ACCESSORIES

Dear friend,

As a member of our XMC-1 reservation list, you’re probably wondering when shipments will begin.

Well, we have some great news for you. Although we may not be shipping in February as planned, we’ll be shipping shortly afterward—and the XMC-1 will be an even better product for this minor delay.

So how is the XMC-1 “even better,” you ask? Here’s how:

Full HDMI 2.0 and 4K Capability. That’s the largest part of this short delay—simply waiting for the HDMI 2.0 interface chips to ship in quantity. But it’s worth it. If we’d hurried to hit our planned date, we would have had to use HDMI 1.4. Now, your XMC-1 is ready for all of HDMI 2.0’s capabilities from the start.

2 HDMI Outputs, and Full 3D/4K OSD. Now, you’ll have 8 HDMI inputs and 2 HDMI outputs on the XMC-1, as well as the most sophisticated on-screen display available—fully integrated into 3D content, and 4K content as well, for unsurpassed convenience and ease of use.

World’s Most Powerful Room Correction. No product south of $20,000 offers Dirac room correction—except the XMC-1. This is full-scale, professional-level room correction. Combined with precision equalization capability and a superb balanced audio path, the XMC-1 will take your system to the next level.

Made in USA. Yes. The XMC-1 is the first product that will be built in our Nashville, USA facility, in our brand new production center, for the greatest control over quality, consistency, and reliability.

So, what does this mean in terms of the ship date?

We expect to be shipping the first XMC-1s in March. However, since we’re ramping up the new production center, and making sure the first products are absolutely perfect, shipments will be slow. It may take another 6-8 weeks to work through the reservation list. Thanks for your patience—it will pay off in an even better product!

We look forward to keeping you updated. It won’t be long now before you’ll have your own XMC-1, and take your theater beyond expectations.

Sincerely,

The Emotiva Team
Follow us on Twitter | Like us on Facebook

© 2014 Emotiva Audio Corporation, All rights reserved.

135 SE Parkway Court
Franklin, TN 37064
customerservice@emotiva.com

unsubscribe from this list | update subscription preferences | view email in browser

RichB

RichB

Audioholic Field Marshall
I got that email and think it is a good sign. Unfortunately, many on AVS feel otherwise.

I hope they update the cosmetics to match the new XPA/XPR line but perhaps they are saving that for the next level product.

- Rich

dalumberjack

dalumberjack

Audioholic
How is their room correction compared to audyssey?

Did they not want to pay to use audyssey in their units?

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Supposed to be better than audy...

I am leary of spending that kind of money on any processor, although for $3000 you can get an xpa5 with the XMC1 so when comparing that to $3000 Denon's Pioneers, yamaha's ect it may be a better choice? I paid around $1000 for my umc200 and xpa5, I like them but if I were to do it again I would have went with a Pioneer {could have gotten a great deal on a 2013 elite almost 70 percent off} and an xpa3... But then it wouldn't match.... I like what I have but I think emo is going the wrong way getting into processors, they should let another company make them {like denon} and put them in their chassis {like some other companies do}, then focus their efforts on amplifiers, integrated, tube, class d, ect, make an amp for everyone, everything from a $99 25x2 t class to the hand built $5000 hand built pair of 1000w mono blocks and beyond...

Processors are going to be the death of them... anything negative you read about emo is about their pros...

jinjuku

jinjuku

How is their room correction compared to audyssey?

Did they not want to pay to use audyssey in their units?
DIRAC is up market vs Audyssey. They wanted to pay for DIRAC instead. I think it's great that they are doing this in house and in the U.S. That way the back room arm bending that Outlaw was subjected to can't happen.

I don't doubt that you will see this in different boutique labels as I'm sure they want to get back into the HT Pre-Pro game.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I'm actually pretty interested in the XMC-1. With my 25% off upgrade for life and a sale of my UMC-200, I could get into this thing for a bit over a grand. Time will tell...

What's a bit disturbing is the b itch ing that's been going on at Emo's site since the news of a delay.

Some of the guys whining aren't even considering buying the XMC, just there to take shots. Classy. :rolleyes:

I

ichigo

Full Audioholic
HDMI 2.0.

Holy sh--.

I might actually consider this product now. I thought it was going to be 1.4 for sure and pretty much immediately irrelevant upon release.

Supposed to be better than audy...

I am leary of spending that kind of money on any processor, although for $3000 you can get an xpa5 with the XMC1 so when comparing that to $3000 Denon's Pioneers, yamaha's ect it may be a better choice? I paid around $1000 for my umc200 and xpa5, I like them but if I were to do it again I would have went with a Pioneer {could have gotten a great deal on a 2013 elite almost 70 percent off} and an xpa3... But then it wouldn't match.... I like what I have but I think emo is going the wrong way getting into processors, they should let another company make them {like denon} and put them in their chassis {like some other companies do}, then focus their efforts on amplifiers, integrated, tube, class d, ect, make an amp for everyone, everything from a $99 25x2 t class to the hand built $5000 hand built pair of 1000w mono blocks and beyond...

Processors are going to be the death of them... anything negative you read about emo is about their pros...

I don't think any of those major brands currently has a receiver in the $3k range, and street prices especially for most of these brands flagships are closer 1.5k-1.7k. But this with a XMC-1/XPA-5/UPA-5 thrown in this would be a sick deal and better than the Yamaha CX-A5000/MX-A5000 combo which I believe street price is still $4k.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I've been interested in it for a while but I needed something at that time so I got the UMC200. Even knowing it was coming, I went with the Oppo 105 :) We'll see how it does once it is out and I'll decide then, since I get the upgrade pricing as well.

I

ichigo

Full Audioholic
Hopefully a UMC-200 updated with HDMI 2.0 is forthcoming...Hopefully Emotiva doesn't sit on that upgrade for 6 months just to milk XMC-1 sales.

dalumberjack

dalumberjack

Audioholic
So what's all your honest opinon comparing this xmc-1 to the likes of the integra 80.3 preamp? I plan to get a new TV this year and want hdmi 2.0 ect... and originally wrote off this unit as it was hdmi 1.4. Now with hdmi 2.0, I think it's back in the running again, especially DIRAC is better than audyssey. I am curious if the xmc will do any up scaling for 4k as the website doesn't state anything about up scaling for 1080p with hdmi 1.4?

Of course, if the 80.3 doesn't get a refresh this year that limits the options as well.

Last edited:
ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
HDMI 2.0.

Holy sh--.

I might actually consider this product now. I thought it was going to be 1.4 for sure and pretty much immediately irrelevant upon release.

I don't think any of those major brands currently has a receiver in the $3k range, and street prices especially for most of these brands flagships are closer 1.5k-1.7k. But this with a XMC-1/XPA-5/UPA-5 thrown in this would be a sick deal and better than the Yamaha CX-A5000/MX-A5000 combo which I believe street price is still $4k.

I don't think I posted that rite, the point I was trying to make was, you can get a denon 4520ci for A LOT less money than an xmc1 and xpa 5 and that has 150x7 vs 200x5 ... Most likely going to be a better unit too... ? ? ?? I just don't know which is the better route, I think I would rather have the denon over the xmc? not in the market rite now, so I don't know what I would do, probably just buy a marked down refurbed avr with preouts and a 3 ch amp or 3 mono blocks for the front...

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I'm still leery when it comes to Emo and processors. And, at this price point, they better knock it out of the park or this could be very bad. On a good note, they are claiming that this will be the first product built in the USA.

On a different note, did y'all notice that they have now released an XSP-1 gen2. They indicate that it is now a surface mount design. I definitely have mixed feelings on that.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
With how long all the delays have taken I'd hope they have the bugs worked out of this one. Granted, there will always be bugs in one form or another. I think the feature set is pretty nice. Especially if you just want a pre/pro with ARC and nothing else. I can get Pandora other ways.

I'll reserve my judgement until after Gene gets his hands on one of these.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks slip I didn't notice that, I swear emo is just putting a new look on stuff so they can charge more, lol I didn't see any pics of the remote, I wonder if its plastic or aluminum...

jinjuku

jinjuku

So what's all your honest opinon comparing this xmc-1 to the likes of the integra 80.3 preamp? I plan to get a new TV this year and want hdmi 2.0 ect... and originally wrote off this unit as it was hdmi 1.4. Now with hdmi 2.0, I think it's back in the running again, especially DIRAC is better than audyssey. I am curious if the xmc will do any up scaling for 4k as the website doesn't state anything about up scaling for 1080p with hdmi 1.4?

Of course, if the 80.3 doesn't get a refresh this year that limits the options as well.
Lets start with the fantasy that the XMC-1 will be relatively bug free. That any 'errata' that does pop up in the wild (no battle plan survives first contact with the enemy) is addressable in the field (i.e. no shipping it back to Emotiva).

With the above said in comparison to the 80.3:

1. It's certainly more than price competitive
2. Assuming the built in the US = Good build quality
3. Higher end room correction

If there are minimal problems and Emotiva can market this both to end user and ODM channels. They will have a winner if they can recoup what is probably astounding R&D costs to bring this thing to market. I hope they have about 60% starting margin in this that can get up to 65-70% as economies of scale enter into the picture.

My hats off to Emotiva for the eating of this particular market elephant.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Anyone know if it has zone 3? or just 2? I need at least 3 zones... Not that I am considering this.. although I could probably get $400 for my umc200 and I have a 40% card so I would be into it for $800 or so... hmm maybe I am considering it, lol.. no sa...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'm still leery when it comes to Emo and processors. And, at this price point, they better knock it out of the park or this could be very bad. On a good note, they are claiming that this will be the first product built in the USA.
I think that would have been fair before the UMC-200 came out, even though the 200 still had some minor issues when it came out. They fixed basically all of the UMC-200's issues and now it is a solid product. I'm still taking more of a wait and see approach on this one, but part of that is also because I have no issues with the 200 right now.

jinjuku

jinjuku

On a different note, did y'all notice that they have now released an XSP-1 gen2. They indicate that it is now a surface mount design. I definitely have mixed feelings on that.
What are your concerns with SMD? Is it the power handling aspect not going through a seemingly more 'mechanical' connection like hole through?

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I'm keeping my eye on it as well. Even though I went with the Marantz when they announced the price increase I'm still very interested. The UMC, when it worked correctly, was a great unit and dead silent. My Marantz has a slight hum and even though I can only hear it when I put my ear up to the speakers it still bugs me a little. If the XMC does well and there is a price drop after it's been out for a while I'll probably get one.

It does bug me that they've changed the design to match their new amps. So if I want it to match my XPA-5 I'll have to pay for the silver side pieces.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis