Emotive XMC-1 is coming

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
After the disaster that was the Integra 60.5 Pre/Pro, I am definitely leaning away from Integra at this point. I just wish Anthem would refresh the AVM 50 line
You could just get the MRX 710 :D

RichB

RichB

Audioholic Field Marshall
After the disaster that was the Integra 60.5 Pre/Pro, I am definitely leaning away from Integra at this point. I just wish Anthem would refresh the AVM 50 line
Anthem is not mentioned much here but there is also the option of one of the Gen2 receivers.
I do not use room correction but theirs is highly regarded.

- Rich

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
ohhhh boy......................

I for the life of me have no idea why EMO wont just stick to amps and stereo pre/pros, maybe jump into subs if they get bored......

T

twylight

Audioholic Intern
I want to believe...im probably in for one...even though i dont need it really...I need to get after audiogon and clear out my closet.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Sweet, so I won't need to pay for technology that does not exist at the consumer level, outside of marketing to suckers? I'm failing to see the debacle here....

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
ohhhh boy......................

I for the life of me have no idea why EMO wont just stick to amps and stereo pre/pros, maybe jump into subs if they get bored......
Well, they HAD subs at one time..............

Now, this may be the most interesting item in that entire post:
The great thing about the XMC-1 is that its design and architecture are completely modular. If and when it becomes necessary to support the next generation of 4k hardware and source components we'll be ready to take you to the next level, easily and affordably.

HMMMMMM......

Another thing that catches my eye, they are advertising it on the Emo site as XMC-1 Gen2, which is awesome considering we never saw a gen 1.

Last edited:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
One of the reasons I was going to go with this unit was the promise of HDMI 2.0. Emotiva even went so far to state that was the reason for the delay. We'll no HDMI 2.0 and I am waiting on Sony's next 4k model to be released so I am going to hold off and see what the next Marantz models come up with. I will hang on to my 80.3. Maybe integra will fix its problems with the 60.5 in the 80.5 if it will ever be released.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
I'm still leery when it comes to Emo and processors. And, at this price point, they better knock it out of the park or this could be very bad. On a good note, they are claiming that this will be the first product built in the USA.

On a different note, did y'all notice that they have now released an XSP-1 gen2. They indicate that it is now a surface mount design. I definitely have mixed feelings on that.
Hey. I was looking at getting the XSP-1 gen 2. What is the concern with surface mount? I have no idea what that means. I want a really good pre-amp with sub controls and this is the one I narrowed it down to.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis